What is love

Black and while

"Minho, Minho, hello?" the person furiously waves at Minho. 

"sorry what?" 

"I asked you if you made your patient rounds yet?" his supervisor spoke.

"yes, sorry sir, I have finished my rounds." Minho' head hung low.

"okay how come you did not check up 317? I think he is good to be released today. You should make sure you check him before we discharge him." His supervisor handed him the patient's file and left.

Minho slumped down to his chair and stared into empty space. Why does his heart hurt so much. He only knew the guy for like 16 days 7 hours and 32 minutes. The last 18 hours have been an emotional roller coaster. Minho went from the highest high to the lowest low with just one word. Yes. After hearing that "yes" Minho's mind went blank. He was not even angry he was just empty. Like his soul was out by that word. That harmless "Yes". 

It was 11 am and Minho knew that he had to check up Jinki before Jinki is allowed to be discharged. Minho wanted to asked his colleague to step in or just go home and pretend to be sick. However, Minho was after all, a professional and he wouldi refuse losing the last bit of control that he had. His job.  With heavy steps he walked in front of room 317.

"Hi Jinki, today is the day you will be discharged.  Just one more test and you are ready to go." Minho said using his steadiest voice. 

"Hello Doc, glad to hear that, can't wait to get out of here." Jinki said nonchalantly. 

Minho chuckled to himself bitterly, Jinki can't wait to get away from me. Minho proceeded with his checkup while avoiding Jinki's eyes. Minho knew if he were to look at those warm chocolate orbs he will burst out in tears and ask why would Jinki be so cruel. He would prob beg him to stay. But Minho did not wanted to lose his dignity or what is left of it. 

Jinki was no , he knew that Minho was a bit off when he entered his room without his froggy grin. Jinki wanted to tell Minho that they would not work and that Minho deserved better. Although surprised by yesterday's events. Jinki knew that he and Minho are not meant to be. Jinki knows he is being selfish for saying yes to Jonghyun, but he does not know how to keep away from Minho if he was single. Maybe Jinki will learn to love Jonghyun. Maybe Jonghyun will realize that it is not love he feels for Jinki. Maybe Minho will forget him. 

After 10 minutes of absolute silence. Jinki broke the silence while Minho was measuring his blood pressure. 

"So I get to go home today." 

"Yes, I don't think it would be necessary for you to stay any longer." Minho spoke with an unreadable expression. 

"okay good to know, good knows how much debt I have wracked up by staying here." Jinki chuckled. 

No response. 

"Well, when should I ask my friend to pick me up?"  

"In a hour."

Jinki wanting to say goodby he placed his hands on Minho. To his surprised, Minho retracted his hand like Jinki's hands were poison. Jinki looked at Minho, he saw anger and is that disgust? So Minho thinks I am disgusting? Is this why he has been acting so strange today. I guess he knew I was leaving today so there is no need to sweet talk me. Jinki, you are so stupid, how can someone like him ever like you? You are prob just the flavor of the week. 

"All good, the nurse will assist you with the papework. This is your prescription. You can leave now."

Jinki watched Minho turn around and walked towards the door. Before closing the door Minho toke one last look at Jinki and left.  That last look was familiar. It's the same look that Jinki has when he sees the life of his victims slowly slipping away. It's the look of a man who is deeply hurt. 

Jinki in some sort of sick way loves his father. Truthfully, Jinki could have taken care of his old man countless of time and inherit all his fortune. Jinki could have continued school and provided the best for Taemin and Jonghyun. But all these years, Jinki chose to wait and take care of anyone who might pose a threat to his father. Jinki wanted his father's approval and love even thoguh he knows he will never get it. When Jinki looks into the eyes of his victims, he sees his own pain projected on their faces. It's the pain of being absolutely powerless. Jinki is powerless in gaining his father's love. Looking at Minho, Minho looked powerless. But why? 

"Jinki baby, I am here!" Jonghyun burst in the door with a huge bouquet of sunflowers. 

"Dino we gotta have a talk about us." Jinki gestured Jonghyun to come sit by the bed. Jinki was relatively relied that Jonghyun came to distract him from Minho.

"wait you are not breaking up with me right?, we have not been been official for one day, Jinki baby you are a meanie!" Jonghyun jumped on Jinki's bed while pouting. 

"No Dino, I am not that cruel, I will at least let you have it for one full day."

"Jinki yebo!"

"okay, rule number 1, no Jinki baby or Jinki yebo or any nicknames. You still call me Jinki or hyun and maybe Oppa if you are extra good."

"whyyyyy? But I want our own nicknames something that only you and I know. How about chicken? Or I know dubu since your skin is lie tofu soft, no how about onew?"

"onew? That sounds weird, just called me Jinki." 

"rule number 2, no PDA, you are already super touchy, I don't wanna know what you would do to me in public. Also nothing more than PG in front of Taemin. If you get out of line I will takkbam you." Jinki said as he positioned his fibers on Jonghyun's forehead. 

"yes sir! I promise I will be good, last time you takkbam me I got a nosebleed. By the way, I think you have underestimated Tae, he knows what a is like for a long time. " Jonghyun said while making a cross inform of his chest. 

"Rule number 3, wait what? How did you know about that? Did Tae tell you. I think I need to give him the talk, you know safe and stds and respect for your body."

"okay hyun, but please don't give him the "your body is a temple" speech. When you told me that I could not look at myself for 2 months. Besides I think he knows more about than both of us combined."  Jonghyun laughed.

"I def need to have a talk with that kid. Okay rule number 3 , I am still your hyun when we work, so nothing changes when we work." 

"Gotcha! Now can we make out?" Jonghyun leaned forward only to be smacked away by Jinki. 

"Dino, patience is really a virtue that you do not have." Jinki smiled. 

"Hey Jinki"

Jinki turned around and a pair of soft lips landed on his. Jinki was a bit taken back and wanted to pull back but his guilt made him stay in place. Jinki you selfish asskhole he thought to himself as his tongue slip inside Jonghyun's lips.

"okay guys get a room, oh my bad you guys are in a room. " Taemin casually walked in.

" oh Tae, that was not what you think it was. You see I feel and"

"and somehow your tongue ended up at the back of Jonghyun's throat? Yes, good fall!" Taemin on a lollipop.

"how did you know what a was" Jinki tried to change the subject.

"I happen to experience it during a freshman party. A pretty red hair with her bf, let's just say that her bf and I had more common ground." Taemin said as he yawned.

"Lee Taemin, your body is a Temple! You need to worship and cherish that temple..."

"oh lord, here we go" Jonghyun murmured as he walked out of the room to avoid the temple speech.  Jonghyun walked towards the cafeteria and thought he should get Jinki some juice after his "temple" speech. He saw Minho and decided to thank him for taking care of Jinki so well.

" Hi Minho, I am Jinki's friend and now boyfriend, thank you for taking care of Jinki!" Jonghyun extended his hand.  Jonghyun normally would not share his personal information but was so excited that Jinki said yes to him that he wanted the whole world to know about it. 

Minho flinched at the word boyfriend and just nooded at jonghyun. Truthfully he wanted to seem normal, but he could not utter out a single word. Then Minho decided that he stopped giving a if he seemed rude, he really just wanted to dig a hole and hide. 

Jonghyun a bit annoyed at Minho's lack of manners withdrew his hand and walk walked away after bidding Minho farewell.

Jonghyun entered the room to a sulking Taemin and a triumphant Jinki. No one can withstand the "temple" speech Jonghyun thought. 

"Jinki have some juice, you must be thirsty."

"Thanks Jong, I am super thirsty."Jiki prorceded to chug a bottle of juice in one shot. 

"Oh I ran into Minho just now and he was really rude, he refused to shake my hands. " Jonghyun complained. 

Hearing Minho's name, Jinki almost spilled his juice. "Just ignore him, people like him look down on people like us. We are not form the same world." Jinki whipped the spilled juice from his face. 

"let's go home now!" Jinki looked at his room one last time and walked out. 

Goodbye Minho, I hope our fate do not cross again. 

Saranghae,

Jinki