Here comes trouble

Her Name is Luhan

 

It is an hour before sunset, when I jog on a valley across a wide grass field. The sky is still blue, with smears of oranges indicating the nearing sunset. I slow my pace to stare at the open space below me, filled with students practicing taekwondo. Now that I am in Korea, I have always wanted to give the national martial art a try. I can't, though, since I am not planning on joining any clubs.
 
Some people--or morons, as I prefer to call them--say that I look flimsy, but I am actually a total opposite of that. Sports should have been my middle name, as I love to indulge myself in the sweat-inducing activities. Soccer, basketball, swimming, tennis, you name it. However, as much as I want to join in random sports clubs in the campus just like how I was when I was really in college, I can't. Clubs equal with new acquaintances and since I believe that the least amount of people I know, the smaller chance for my cover to get blown up--as I have to lie to fewer--I decide to decrease the risk. Besides, I am not really entertained with the idea of playing against girls. I don't mean to be ist, but it's kind of lessening the challenge for me. Nevertheless, I still need my daily dose of endorphins-inducing and calories-wasting activities, so I try to satisfy myself with jogging around the campus every evening. Some boys would wolf-whistle as I pass them, but I have learnt to ignore them. It's not like I am not used to treatment like that before, anyway. I have been gorgeous for all my life, after all.
 
My gaze falls on a figure, gracefully kicking the empty air. His movement is sharp and powerful, yet precise. His body is not built like most guys in the field, but still lean and seemingly firm, exactly like the way I like it. I squint my eyes to get a clearer look of the eye-catching guy. I might not be able to date him or any other guy in the campus with my current circumstances, but I can't resist spying on eye candies. I have always thought that guys that sweat from sports are hot, anyway (it is one of my reason to love sports). However, I feel my heart drops at the realization of who I was watching. It is Kim freaking Jihye, for Godsake! .
 
I shiver in horror before shaking my head and continuing my evening exercise. Well, I was about to, but I suddenly come in contact with a sturdy body. I fall backward, painfully landing on my butts. I let out a pained groan while patting my dirtied sweat pants.
 
"I'm sorry! Are you okay?"
 
I'm clearly not okay and not planning to forgive the guy bumping into me, but his low, soothing baritone voice makes me think twice before giving him a piece of my mind.
 
I look at him and come eye-to-eye with one of the hottest guy I've ever seen in my life. I'm not exaggerating it, really. His dark, chocolate orbs hypnotize me; his prominent cheek bones intrigue me; and his luscious lips curls into a seductive smile, inviting me to taste it. Every curves and-innocent crevices of his lean figure screams "y", and his confidence stance as well as healthy bronze complexion add to his charm. If all the guys in South Korea are like him, I would've moved into the country since a long time ago.
 
"I'm fine," I lie while grabbing the hand he offers me. Well, it's not like I can be honest and say, 'I'm actually not but seeing you makes me feel better', right?
 
"Are you sure you aren't hurt?" He persists as he assists me back to my feet. Oh, such a gentleman. Me likey.
 
"Yes, it's just..."
 
"I mean, when you fall from heaven. Doesn't it hurt?"
 
I blink incredulously a couple times. Okay, he might be a hottie, but his lame pick up line decreases his hotness into half.
 
"What?" I manage to blurt out, vainly hoping that I misheard him.
 
"You know, when you fall from heaven, because you are an angel," he says with confident smirk. When he sees my dumbfounded expression, his smirk slowly falters. "Angels. In heaven. You," he points to me if it was the most obvious thing, "Falling to the ground. Getting hurts. Don't you get it?"
 
I roll my eyes. Please forget that I have thought of him being one of the most beautiful creatures on earth. Does he really think that I don't understand that overused-and-cheesy-pick up line? Tch. Handsome guys are my thing, but lameness is a definite turn off. For me, he is now as attractive as a dumb hippo bathing in icky, disgusting mud puddles. Not that I have anything against hippos, though.
I jog away and ignore his calling. From afar, I can hear him shouting at me.
 
"I'm Kai! Nice to meet you too, Angel!"
 
I scoff before putting on my earphone and setting it to the maximal volume.

 

After that eventful evening, Kai always manages to catch me when I'm running. At first he would call me names ('Angel!', 'Goddess!'), but as the days progresses, he steps up his game by jogging next to me and trying to get my attention. I pay him no heed, hoping that he would give up soon, but boy, he is damn persistent. After a week or so, I finally take off my earphone and look at him.
 
"What do you want?" I snarl while shooting him the most intimidating glare I can.
 
"Your name. I'm Kai," he answer confidently while grinning widely at me, leaving me unable to keep my gaze stern at him. I'll be lying if I say that his cheerful grin doesn't make my heart skip a beat.
 
"Lulu. And goodbye."
 
I quicken my pace albeit my already ragged breathing. I may be a little close to exhaustion, but I really, really want to leave the idiot behind, okay.
 
"Wait! Let's get a cup of coffee!" He yells. When I don't give any response, he changes his offering, so often that I have to hold myself from cackling at his ridiculousness.
 
"What about tea, then? DO YOU WANT TEA?"
 
Not answering.
 
"ICE CREAM, MAYBE?"
 
Nope. I can't hear you. Lalalalala.
 
"BUBBLE TEA?"
 
Nice try, you call out my favorite drink, but no.
 
After a couple hundred meters his voice is no longer heard, so I let out a sigh in relieve. Finally, I can get rid of that idiot.
 
Or so I thought.


TBC