Chapter 8

To The Beautiful You - California Dreaming

 

Jay Hee knew that she could spend time with him for only a couple if days so she did not want to burden him with all her problems.  Besides like dark, which disappears with light, Tae Joon made all her past problems invisible. And the next two days were spent just talking and catching up.

       She could not understand how he kept insisting that he was not curious to see around. A new country and beautiful place, but he insisted that he was more than happy to just roam around her neighborhood.  Jay Hee was just happy that she could have Tae Joon to her self. All her memories of her days with him in Seoul, as her roommate came flooding back. He was as caring and loving as ever and it was as if he could not get enough of her.

“She is as clueless as ever” Tae Joon thought to himself  - resisting the urge to pull her in his arms and never let her go. But he knew that they had some time and he wanted to let her get comfortable again with him.

 He spent the two days at her home, warmly welcomed into the family - her older brother still was away on travel

 

Thank God “ he thought gratefully, Jay Hee’s Oppa was very protective.

They spent time just talking; touching only casually, Jay Hee took him to some places near her house.  A park that they wandered until their legs felt like jelly. And they ate a lot of hamburgers …

But before he knew it the weekend drew near and he could see Jay slowly feel sad. Her shoulders hunched, and when she thought he was not looking, she seemed depressed. Watching her he almost felt tempted to tell her he was here for a whole semester but some how he held back, just concentrating on making her feel happy now.

That night as they headed back to his hotel, Jay Hee was more silent and with drawn, Parking her car, she just sat in silence. Tae Joon looked at her in concern and drawing her close asked her  “What's up Gujil Gujil ? “

“Are you really leaving? “ she asked in a heart breaking voice. ‘How will I go on? That too -  In this place?. Saying these words she completely broke down.

“Why what’s wrong? Tell me Jay Hee, what ‘s wrong? “He asked as she clung to him and just cried.

A few minutes later she pulled her self together and tried to get her head to clear, “I just miss youuuu” and I don’t want you to go?” Getting as close as the seats in the car would allow he hugged her, wondering what was really going on? The Jay Hee, he knew would not be as depressed and sad, something was going on - he mused as she tried to compose herself.

 

‘Thank God I am here for some time!  May be I can now be of help to her, the way she helped me”.   Jay Hee still had her head pressed into his shoulder. “Don’t cry Jay Heeya - please don’t cry”, pleaded Tae Joon; now just willing to forget about the surprise and just tell her the truth, any thing - so that she would stop crying. He even told her that he would not go anywhere. But at that, she started sobbing even louder.

 

“I wish Cha Eun Gyol was here !! I think lets call him here! “ He finally said, Jay Hee just leapt up, “ Why? Tae Joon? Why are you saying that? She asked, her eyes still tear stained.

Because he can make you laugh faster than me!  He will make something up and I am not as funny as him.

He looked into her eyes and said “Phhabo? Why are you crying, OK -then I think I will just stay here and not go anywhere!! “

“No No, Tae Joon; I am sorry…… please go to your training, its more important. I am just sad that you are going and we haven’t………..I mean we haven’t gotten any closer… I mean we haven’t …

Tae Joon just reacted and tilting her chin up, he kissed her. Awkwardly at first then slowly turning tender.  

 

Later that night after she drove away, Tae Joon checked out of his hotel and took a cab to his dorm.

             It was really small and he had a room mate, who looked amazingly tall,  “Hi Jake, here “ he smiled, energetically shaking Tae Joon’s arm” Was waiting for you to turn up. Heard a lot about you- Kong Tea June right? “. Tae Joon just smiled. He needed to get familiar with this fast spoken English immediately ..

 

 

 

 

Authors Notes: Sorry Guys – I will upload the next chapter of their College Life, only after some time. Need to get some more inspiration. Thanks for understanding and love that you like my story J