Chapter 7

To The Beautiful You - California Dreaming

 

Tae Joon just smiled, Jay spoke up before he could “ Appa, he is here for the trials maybe – right !! I heard that there were some trials over the weekend.” Did your sponsors help?” She asked innocently.  “Yes, yes, that’s Why I am here.” He lied with a straight face..

 

She thought he was only here for a few days - realized Tae Joon, It made him come up with an idea, that he could surprise her and show up in her school. After all he was there for a month, and though the camp organized was going to be very tough he wanted to spend all the free time with her.

His father had made the most amazing arrangement. He was here for a semester; and was going into training the first day of school. He would be attending classes in the same school as a temporary transfer student. Because he had a medal under his wing, he was welcomed by the School Committee with an open heart. The only thing was – every one spoke so fast he could not follow sometimes this High School language was beyond him. Gujil Gujil will have to bring me up to speed; he thought happily as he ate.

  He could see she was so happy to see him -  his Jay Heeya was almost sparking - this year of separation that they had , did not break their bond. Slowly he put his hand out under the table and she took it with a small gesture, but it warmed his heart to see how well it still fit in his. Before he knew it the evening was over.

She was driving him back to his hotel, very competently and super fast when he looked over at her-

" Have you been well?  You missed me a lot didn't you?” He asked teasingly. But to his surprise she nodded seriously" I missed you Tae Joon, I am sorry for leaving that way but I heard your message and I waited for you. You jumped so well but in your last competition, but you lost half a cm recently, why? Was your form not good? Are there new jumpers this season, and…..

Questions flew from ; it was obvious she had kept up with his activities.  “ Yaa did you become my stalker?” he asked teasingly. Jay suddenly lost her color,  “No Tae Joon I was just missing you and I ......' She stopped at that.

“ Hey I was just teasing, you have become more serious” said Tae Joon,  “I am just so happy that you have not forgotten me” he answered “I missed you Jay Hee , I really really missed you “

His eyes were so big   and shining with expression that she felt overwhelmed. This was what she was missing. There was no need for words anymore as her hand found his. 

Later in front of his hotel, she asked him why he was staying here and how many days “so you want me to leave soon?” he asked teasingly and she shook her head vehemently, “ just want to know so ...I can plan ..” she said

' Don’t worry I am there with only you till the weekend then I have training classes. So now you have to spend all your time with me ok “ said Tae Joon.

“ Its getting late , why don’t we meet tomorrow – your Appa will be upset if you return home late. Did you see the way he looked at me … “

Jay Hee looked down at their hands; he had not let her hand go from the evening. And felt that she could breathe for the first time in months. Smiling she leaned towards him and they hugged again, “lets meet very early ok “ she promised and left, floating on the clouds…