Chapter 6

To The Beautiful You - California Dreaming

 

Tae Joon first walked into the house and introduced himself as Jay Hee's friend. Her mom looked at him and smiling said, "Jay Heeya told me a little about you" she said. 'Do you want me to call her? . She is sitting out side in the sun'.

' Can I go to her? If you don't mind….'answered Tae Joon. "Go, go she is sitting in the patio' she said, understanding a little, happy to meet the boy for whom her daughter had done such a daring thing.

The sight of Jae Hee threw him into a loop; she looked so bright and beautiful. He had never seen her casually dress like a girl - only at events and then it was awkward, because he had to pretend she was still a boy. So seeing her like this after such a long time ...

'She still spoke to her self' he thought, as she frowned at her computer and wondered where he had gone of to...

'Of course Eun Gyol does not know where he was, thought Tae Joon. If he knew he would have badgered me until I brought him along. His father had made miracles happen - the arrangements that he had here were so good - he still could not believe his luck. He was going to study in Jae Hee's school for a semester and attend a high jumping session. He knew that the competition was stronger here and that made it more exciting. But right now his eyes drank in her pretty face, it was thinner, he thought and walked out near her to get a closer look.

The last time he had seen her was the night at the bus stop. His lips still felt the imprint of her lips and the feeling of utter happiness. Then she was gone and finally after so many months of misery - she was finally in front of him. His heart welling with joy Tae Joon walked over to her as she was bending down to retrieve her fallen dairy, as if in slow motion she looked up, the bright sun making her face even more beautiful. "Kang Tae Joon!" she shouted, and flung herself into his arms. Holding her tight, He whispered - I am finally here. Thank you for waiting for me. And just like that all the distance vanished and he felt content again.

After all the questions were exhausted, they walked into the house. Jay Hee's mom was more than happy to feed another mouth. Her father who normally never bothered, suddenly looked at Tae Joon, and asked him 'How long are you here for? Any particular reason you came all the way to California?'