-061-

My Four Hot Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-061-

Flashback

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Kai stared in awe at the sight of a giant mansion located somewhere outside the main town of Seoul. He only followed his grandma’s description to come to this place and she had something to tell him. But in this case, it was rather to show him.

“Are you sure this is the exact place ?”, Kai carefully asked the taxi driver if he had mistaken the address. But he only shook his head, reassuring Kai by pointing at the address tag on the gate of the mansion.

“Okay, thank you”, Kai smiled unsurely, paying the driver and watched as the taxi drove off, while leaving him in front of a strange mansion without knowing what to do.

Kai recalled what his grandma had told him and pressed on the doorbell, he drummed his fingers on the wall impatiently.

“Who’s there ?”, a voice spoke from inside.

 Kai jumped slightly, he cleared his throat, still unsure but went with the flow, “It’s Kim Jongin and I am asked to come here”

He received no reply back but a few seconds later, the door was automatically opened, allowing himself to get inside.

He hesitantly approached the main house inside, a few girls in maid clothes greeted him by bowing and making way for him to go straight inside the giant living room.

Just when Kai made his way in that he noticed how his life would change by another mere footstep.

There were people he didn’t want to see in his life sitting firmly, visibly in the middle of the room. Kai stopped short and just stood there, staring blankly at them all with his poker-face. He was not that stupid. No one could be stupid when he had been received enough threats and indirect-attack and the appearance of them here had explained everything.

Kai allowed himself to relax a bit when his grandma appeared at the stairs, smiling at him warmly and making her way quickly to him, enveloped one of her arm around his waist, pushing him inside and sit him down on one of the big single sofa.

Kai his lips slightly. He was rather intimidated by this certain person, who had the same dark skin as him and his eyes were familiar. Kai took a good minute to look into that pair of eyes and came to a realization. He has the same eyes with …

Kai moved his gaze to the left and fought back a shrug of his shoulders. … Kim Myungsoo.

“Greet your grandfather, Jongin”

Kai blinked, he snapped his head to stare at his grandma for a proper explanation but all he could get was a firm nod but she squeezed his hand reassuringly. Kai was not confused. He was rather hurt that his grandma had been returned to live here with her husband while lying to him. She used to tell me that grandfather had kicked her out of his house because of a misunderstand between my mom and her sister. Why she returned here again ?

Kai wanted to ask right there and then but he knew that he would not get any answer for acting rash, so the best thing to do now was to follow what his grandma said. He trusted his grandma with all his life and she would never tell him to do something wrong.

“Good morning, sir”, Kai calmly bowed.

His grandma smiled, giving his hand a proud squeeze. “This is Kim Jongin, Nanyang’s only son”, grandma stated, grazing her gaze over the other woman in the room, who narrowed her eyes on Kai.

“He is not. He died along with his parents”

Kai angrily stared at the woman. She did not talk about my parents’ death like that.

“That’s where you are wrong. Jongin was luckily safe from that horrible accident, you know why ? Because he was not on that car with his parents”

What came out of grandma’s lips changed all three people’s expression. Kai bored his strong eyes on the only one he knew so well. Myungsoo stared straightly back. Unlike his parents, he looked like he had known about this before. He was calm and collected and was sane enough to smirk at Kai.

“You had such good luck, cousin”, Myungsoo chuckled, leaning back onto the sofa. His mother flashed him a look, but Myungsoo sneered back. “What’s with the chill, mother ? Isn’t this is a good new ? That accident did not kill all of them”

“Myungsoo, you-“

“Welcome to the family, Kai”, Myungsoo ignored his mother, he reached his hand out, urging Kai to take his into a shake. Kai was still going through Myungsoo’s words that he was two second slow to react.

His grandma slightly gasped when Kai slipped his hand into Myungsoo’s out stretch hand with a hard look.

When they both pulled away, his grandma whispered softly into his ear, worry and disbelief filled her voice. “Dahae … is dating this Myungsoo ?”

Kai bitterly nodded. Now I don’t know if it is a good thing or not when Myungsoo is my cousin. I never love my mother’s side before, and not now either.

“Where are you living right now ?”

Kai quickly answered, the way his grandfather asked was scary. “I rent a room inside a friend’s house”

The pair of dark eyebrows knitted together in disagreement, “You rent a room ?”

“In my girlfriend’s house, in fact”, Myungsoo snapped.

Kai frowned. He didn’t have to point that fact out.

“What ? That girl is living with more than one boy ? I knew she was trouble the moment you brought her home that day”, Myungsoo’s mom muttered, cursing incoherent words under her breath.

Myungsoo grunted his face. “Mother”, he warned sternly. He casted a slight panicky look at Kai’s way and the look on Kai’s face left Myungsoo in despair.

That gi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter