-060-

My Four Hot Housemates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-060-

Fell Sick

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Kai watched with heavy heart as Dahae moved around forcing tired smile on her face at every customer.

Dahae seemed to have her mood in the worst state recently. And no one really knew what bothered her. If you asked, Dahae would pull a shake of head and dismiss their worry by saying that she was okay.

But today, Choi Dahae looked really off. Her shoulders were slumping down as if there were rocks on her back. Her face looked red and her eyes were bloodshot. The way her legs tangled into each other while she moved around betrayed her attempt to look okay.

“Be careful”

Dahae chuckled softly as Yongguk caught her arm before she could throw away the tray of drinks. Daehyun gave her a distrustful look, “Tell me again why Baekhyun hired you ?  You are so clumsy !”

Jongup helpfully took the tray and served cakes and drinks out for all of them for her. “I’ll help you, noona”. Dahae gratefully patted his shoulder. “Any reason why you guys are here ?”, Dahae rolled her eyes at them. There were five of them, only Himchan was nowhere to be found and probably he was with Hyunji.

Zelo was looking at her worriedly though. He had gone to the back to say hi to Kai and Kai must have said something to worry the kid like that.

“Kai hyung said you are sick”, Zelo muttered. “So I came to check up on you”

“We were supposed to go to the arcades…”, Youngjae muttered, he seemed upset that they had to cancel their plan because of Zelo’s wish to come here.

Yongguk smacked Youngjae’s leg slightly. “We can always go another time. I will pay for all the cakes and drinks, so stop whining”

“Hell yes ! Bring me two more cheesecakes !”, Daehyun chimed with mouthful of cake. Dahae turned to look at Yongguk, as if asking if she could bring out for Daehyun. Yongguk shook his head but saying,  “Daehyun’s cheesecake mode is on. I can’t say no”

“Okay, okay”, Dahae wrote down his order and turned to go but Yongguk grabbed her wrist, “One more coffee into that order, it’s for you”, he smiled charmingly and pushed her slightly to go.

Dahae chuckled, Yongguk was a type to buy her food every time they met.

Zelo confusedly looked at his hyung when Yongguk stared wide-eyes at his hand. “What’s up, hyung ?”

“Was it just me, or your noona is really hot”

“Hey, you can’t hit on Zelo’s noona ! Moreover, she is dating that L guy”, Youngjae made a face while saying that.

“No, I mean it ! Her skin is burning hot …”

 

***

 

“Dahae, leave B.A.P’s order there for Hana to take out. You go make me these orders”, Baekhyun tossed Dahae a pile of orders and hurried out to serve tables himself.

“Dahae, you sure you are fine ? You look horrible to me”, Hana frowned, staring at Dahae as she took the tray filled with B.A.P’s new order.

“Just leave me be, Hana. I’m stronger than you thought”, Dahae insisted without raising her head. Hana could only shoot her friend one last look before dashing out. Only then that Dahae leaned her upper body over the counter. I can’t focus on anything. And the dizziness is not helping at all.

“Dahae, Baekhyun hyung is calling for you-“, Kai stopped mid-sentence as he found Dahae clutching on her head, sweat was streaming down her temples and her face was so pale that Kai felt his own blood draining away.

“Dahae ! What’s wrong ? Oh my god, you are burning hot !”, Kai frowned deeply as soon as he touched her arm. Without hesitation, he s his arm around her shoulder and supported her up. Dahae rolled her head on his shoulder gladly, her eyelids were too heavy to keep her sight clear and her entire body was too tense to stand properly.

Hearing the commotion, Baekhyun darted inside. His expression became horrified right away. Not asking anything else, he took one of Dahae’s arm, putting around his shoulder and they both pulled her up.

“She is having a fever, Kai. Take her home and force her to rest. When she arrived her I could tell that Dahae was off. This stupid girl, she waited outside the cold for two hours last night for her boyfriend, that’s must be why she is sick”, Baekhyun explained and took water putting to her lips to let her drink at the same time.

Kai narrowed his eyes, he glanced down at Dahae’s frowning expression and his heart tightened twice times. “She waited for L ? I thought they met each other every Friday night and he would never forget”

“He didn’t forget, something came up and he was late. Just shut up, will you ? Scoop her up, I will find someone to drive you both home”, Baekhyun snapped and helped to bring Dahae up into Kai’s arms.

Kai tightened his hold on her waist and shoulder, Dahae peeked hardly at him, “J-Jongin, I’m fine…”, she croaked and Kai could feel the soreness inside . “You’re fine, okay, okay. Now say nothing and let me bring you home”, he smiled softly when Dahae seemed to stop protesting. What is this ? She is sick because of you, Kim Myungsoo. You just give me a reason to fight for her.

Zelo stormed over when his noona was brought out in a half-conscious state. “Noona, look at me !”, he blinked back his forming tears and bent down to look at his sister.

Baekhyun raised his voice, “Any of your friends could drive Dahae home ?”

Zelo whirled around to ask his hyungs but Yongguk had already tossed his car key around his finger. “I parked my car right outside”

Kai didn’t wait for another second to pass as he already ran out before Yongguk could.

 

***

 

Kai moved her study chair next to her bed and sat there staring at her sleeping form. A towel was on her forehead and Kai made sure to dap it into warm water once in a while.

Zelo had left to buy medicine with Yongguk as the older boy offered to give him a drive. Kai had called Kris and L.Joe but only L.Joe could be reached and he was heading home at the bad news.

It left only Kai at home to look after Dahae. As if he would leave for any reason. The love of his life was deadly sick and he would never leave her side for anyone’s sake.

Dahae’s fingers twisted. Kai jerked his body towards her as his hands unconsciously grabbed onto her hands. She turned her head but eyes still closed really tired. She looked like she was having a bad dream.

Kai gulped down his dry saliva. He ran his palm over her cheeks and neck to get rid of the sweat and tucked the blanket carefully under her chin.

“I’m here, Dahae. You are fine, you are going to be okay…”, he chanted softly, kissing her knuckles as it was the only thing he could do to keep himself calm from screaming.

Kai was so engrossed in looking at her frowning face that he didn’t hear the footsteps behind his back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter