Chapter 4

Of Guns and Roses

 


 

They are held up inside a room somewhere at the ship. From inside, they can hear faint sounds of music, laughter and manly groans from outside and assumed that the ‘pirates’ are having a party, completely leaving out their two captives. The room reeks of alcohol and woven bread, and given that its interior wasn’t well built judging from the holes in between the woods, and that it travels through the violent waves of the sea, the water could get in easily and the room is normally wet.

 

Baekhyun sighs for the 10th time that day, his stomach growling louder and louder searching for food. They’ve been stuck inside the room for hours ever since being locked up near noon. Now the sun has set, welcoming the night, and there are still no signs of being able to escape. It doesn’t even help how surprisingly calm Chanyeol is. The man just kept on sleeping on one corner, completely oblivious to Baekhyun’s suffering.

 

However, staying completely still isn’t Baekhyun’s forte, it makes him uncomfortable.

 

Chanyeol snaps his eyes open as soon as he hears some constant groans and weird noises.

 

“Baekhyun, what are you doing?”

 

Baekhyun stops and looks up, only to see Chanyeol staring down at him, his eyebrows crooked. “Um, untying the rope.”

 

“It’s futile. You can’t untie it unless you had proper training.”

 

Baekhyun’s temper subsequently snaps. “Oh yeah? Watch me.” He’s not one who backs down easily either. Truthfully, he does have zero knowledge about untying ropes—even tying them—in the first place but he hates when Chanyeol plays the smart one. So now he’s struggling—it’s starting to hurt too—while praying that the rope gets cut off miraculously, giving him the victory.

 

The door opens suddenly, startling the two captives. Baekhyun looks up from his awkward position on the floor and sees two men—with tragic beards, guys I feel so sorry for you. “You two, get up.”

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol glance at each other before finally standing up, with Baekhyun struggling first of course. As soon as they were on their feet, the two men grabbed them moth and forcefully pushed them outside, with Baekhyun nearly tripping.

 

The atmosphere was tense outside. While they were being lead somewhere farther up the ship, possibly to the main deck, there are men hanging around, leaning on the walls, looking at them with hungry eyes while holding tightly on to their own weapons. Baekhyun felt scared feeling like a prey but then he remembered Chanyeol and then suddenly, the fear’s gone, he doesn’t even know why but it’s just gone. Chanyeol wouldn’t let them die, that through circled around his head for a while until he finally calmed himself. We’re going to be fine, he thinks.

 

They stopped at the center of a circle of men, sitting around, some standing, holding liquor and some stuff. They’re standing in front of a man whose back is faced towards them. He’s staring at the sea, or perhaps at the sky, and Baekhyun wondered if he knows they’re behind him. Then he slowly turned around, quickly ending Baekhyun’s wonders.

 

“Ah, fancy to finally meet you.”

 

Baekhyun scrutinizes him—his skin his fair, his eyes are gentle (but then there’s this hideous tattoo on his jaw down to his collarbones), and he’s standing with his legs apart like he’s some badass gangsta slash pirate. But there’s something really off about this guy so Baekhyun asks, “You’re their leader?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

Baekhyun guffaws. “And we’re supposed to be scared of you? You’re shorter than Chanyeol!”

 

The ‘leader’ snaps his head turning to Chanyeol and observes him from head to toe. “You, kneel down.” He orders, sounding offended. Chanyeol glances in confusion until the leader repeats. “Kneel!”

 

Chanyeol immediately drops his knees on the floor while glaring at Baekhyun who’s mouthing ‘Sorry’.

 

“That’s better,” The leader says with a satisfied look. He walks in front of them back and forth, nodding as if he’s actually deducted something. “I see you have found my ship,”

 

“You found us, actually,” Baekhyun immediately corrects.

 

The leader stops to glare at him. “Can’t you shut up?”

 

Baekhyun raises his hands to his chest in surrender. “Okay okay. No need to be such a .” Chanyeol gapes at Baekhyun who in turn mouths a ‘What?’, completely oblivious of his behavior.

 

“You have to know we can kill you here anytime, right here, right now, if you don’t screw that mouth of yours.”

 

“Oh come on. You can’t scare me.” Baekhyun says in full confidence. “I mean, I’m with an agent. See? My friend here,” He says while spreading his arms to Chanyeol, as if presenting a project. “Is an agent!”

 

“Oh god,” Chanyeol murmurs in misery.

 

“A what?” The leader asks, sounding interested.

 

“He’s an agent,” Baekhyun repeats. “He goes around the world to save the people’s sorry asses. He’s like a ninja doing secret missions! He can probably kill all of you in just one second!”

 

“Baekhyun, stop talking,” Chanyeol desperately whispers on his side, getting a little bit nervous about what his fate would be.

 

“Oh, can he now?” The leader croons, nodding, showing how much interest he’s got on his new found friends.

 

“Yeah! You guys are no match!”

 

“Please stop talking please stop talking please stop—“

 

“Alright!” Chanyeol’s eyes widens when the leader suddenly calls all of his minions with one raise of his hand. “We’ll see what this agent can do then!”

 

“Oh no.” Chanyeol whispers to himself.

 

“Get Bob!” The leader yells and the pirates immediately started roaring in fest, raising their weapons up in the air as some of them opens some door behind Chanyeol. Baekhyun freezes, really not what he intended this would turn out to be but it’s no use. “Let’s see if your proclaimed agent here can beat the crap out of our man,” The leader tells Baekhyun with a smirk.

 

“Of course he can!” Baekhyun yells back and watches as some men untie both him and Chanyeol. “Right Chanyeol?”

 

Chanyeol sends him a death glare. “You’re going to die.”

 

Baekhyun laughs awkwardly. “Yeah but before that, him first—holy .”

 

Chanyeol doesn’t know what got Baekhyun’s tongue since his back is turned to whatever it was but he can feel some kind of dangerous atmosphere behind him, and his instincts proves him right when the pirates eventually falls into silence, watching him carefully. He finally turns around and is greeted with a huge box of muscle—six of them at that—and leaps back in surprise. There’s a giant—almost—who’s a lot taller and a lot bigger standing before him—in battle mode.

 

Baekhyun blinks nervously, suddenly feeling like a midget.

 

The leader chuckles at the side. “Shall we start the battle?”

 

Baekhyun and Chanyeol turn to him in unison and ask, “Sh-shall we what?”

 

“Start the battle.”

 

“What battle?”

 

The leader rolls his eyes. “Oh please. You proposed this. Alright everyone!” He turns his attention to the other pirates and continues. “Tonight! We will witness a battle between a civilian and one of our men to prove to us who is stronger!”

 

“Yeah!!!” The pirates roar in unison.

 

The leader turns to them. “Good luck,” And softly pats Chanyeol’s shoulder.

 

Baekhyun laughs nervously. “I’ll pray for you.”

 

Chanyeol gulps as he tries to get his together. This isn’t the time to chicken out, he says to himself. You’re a man, he says again.

 

“Okay battle start in three two one!”

 

And you’re gonna die. 

 

Chanyeol runs immediately, and his opponent just blindly follows him around, fists almost smashing him. His opponent finally got annoyed and grabs Chanyeol’s feet.

 

“WHOA—“

 

And throws him onto the piled barrels in the corner with a loud and painful thud (and probably a broken rib). Baekhyun bites his lip and flinches when he sees Chanyeol slowly standing up, hands on his hip, wearing a painful expression on. Chanyeol looks up when a shadow covers him and he sees his opponent holding a large beer case, ready to smash it on him, so Chanyeol quickly bolts up and runs away, successfully avoiding the beer case. He trips and falls on the floor and moves just in time a knife lands in between his legs.

 

“Holy —“

 

His opponent roars or growls (or whatever you call that Hulk does) before finally taking a step forward to lunge on Chanyeol, creating a fist with his hands (huge ones at that) and slowly drops it when suddenly, “WAIT STOP!”

 

There’s a teeny tiny voice that appeared out of nowhere, stopping Chanyeol’s opponent from smashing him with his fist, and the opponent withdraws his hand. The opponent sees Baekhyun looking at him with an ugly grin.

 

Chanyeol pants heavily and looks up at Baekhyun standing before him. “What are you doing?” He hears the leader say from across, followed by a few confused murmurs from the rest.

 

“Hi,” Baekhyun greets casually, as if it’s the most natural thing to do in a pirate ship. “I’m Baekhyun,”

 

The opponent looks equally confused as the rest of them but he places his hands beside him anyway.

 

“I’m a magazine writer, hehehe,” Baekhyun continues while slowly moving towards the opponent. “I just noticed that you’re so built. Like wow, those are really some badass guns.” Chanyeol feels like puking. “What’s your secret? I mean, I’m writing this article about tips on how to get um…more toned or bulky the natural way. Uh, you don’t use steroids right?”

 

The opponent shakes his head. “I figured. So, what kind of ethics do you apply to get this built?”

 

The opponent shrugs. “Just…18 hours of gym.”

 

“Oh, wow!” Baekhyun exclaims, trying hard to sound convincing, as he attempts to throw a hand on the huge guy’s shoulders. But of course, a rat can’t hug a cat, can it? “What else? How about proper diet? Any specific diet regime?”

 

“Not really. Since I live in this ship, my meal every day is mostly comprised of fishes and bread—“

 

The leader clears his throat. “What are you two doing? We’re in a middle of a fight?”

 

Baekhyun fake gasped. “Shh. We’re having a conversation here. Don’t be so rude. Isn’t he rude?” He asks the big guy. Chanyeol can see that the big guy doesn’t really have any idea what’s happening around him but he can imagine that Baekhyun’s face and whatever type of charm he’s emitting is convincing.

 

“Y-yeah, Junmyeon, don’t be rude. We’re having a serious talk.”

 

Junmyeon gasps a real gasp and turn to his pirates but they ended up shrugging anyway. Chanyeol isn’t actually sure what Baekhyun is planning but ever since he met him, he’s been nothing but a ball of surprises. The type of person who, even though you already expected that he’ll do weird sorts of things, can still surprise you.

 

Especially now when Chanyeol realized Baekhyun let the huge guy trip over himself causing him to fall into the water. He gasps and immediately runs beside Baekhyun. “Are you nuts—“ He looks down on the water and sees the huge guy grasping for his life. Oh. He can’t swim. “Baekhyun, please tell me you did not just throw him in the water.”


“I wouldn’t have if I realized sooner that even though I can swim I can’t save his huge sorry .”

 

“He’s gonna die.”

 

“We’re gonna die.” However, as surprising as it is, they heard slow claps from the pirates behind them and even from their leader himself. It’s like they’re happy and thankful and it’s just weird, really weird, like what should they be thankful about— “Oh, I take it they secretly hate him?”

 

“I take it back,” Chanyeol says, still staring down the water. “You’re not nuts.”

 

Baekhyun gives him a proud grin before turning to the leader. “Um, are you gonna let him drown?”

 

“Of course not. We’re not that cruel,” The leader responded with a snort. “But we’re going to have to do some negotiations first.”

 

--

 

Junmyeon, as what they have finally learned the leader’s name was, lead them to a vacant room with the other pirates and offered all of their limited medical supplies for Chanyeol’s wounds. It’s not much, just bandages, alcohol and stuff, but Chanyeol’s wounds aren’t that deep either.

 

“Ow,” Chanyeol flinches in pain when Baekhyun damps cotton on his arm.

 

Baekhyun hisses, obviously getting tired of Chanyeol’s . “Stop moving too much,”

 

“Sorry,” Chanyeol says softly and watches Baekhyun. It’s something different, the view he’s seeing now—Baekhyun looks majestic when he’s focused on something that the sweat on his face doesn’t even matter. It’s different because this is something Chanyeol doesn’t see every day. Baekhyun’s loud, very animated, he moves like a cheetah, at one second he’s there and then the next he’s not. He’s like this ball of new life Chanyeol found, suddenly entering his dull one, and then he finds himself slowly getting drawn to that pure and innocent charm, lightening up his world. The sad thing is that, even when the changes are quite obvious, Baekhyun is oblivious.

 

“Chanyeol,”

 

Chanyeol gets drawn away from his thoughts with a soft call. He sees Baekhyun smiling at him. “Huh?”

 

“You’re staring,”

 

Chanyeol blinks and laughs. “Sorry. I was…thinking about something.” He looks down the same time Baekhyun does and sees that the shorter is now wrapping bandages on his arm. “You seem to be really good at this,”

 

“At what?” Baekhyun asks but his eyes are fixed on the bandage he’s wrapping around Chanyeol’s arm.

 

“Treating wounds,”

 

Baekhyun chuckles. “Isn’t it normal for people to know how to treat wounds?”

 

“You have a point,” Chanyeol agrees. “But you look like you’re used to it,”

 

Baekhyun stops. Chanyeol notices he’s done wrapping the bandages on his arm but his hands remained on the soft white fabric, pushing his thumb lightly against it. “I am,” Baekhyun says softly, almost sad. “Kris…used to come home with a number of wounds—bruises, cuts, scratches.” He shrugs, his eyes stilled fixed on Chanyeol’s bandage. Chanyeol curses inside his head, he just hates himself for even bringing up this subject. It’s always this lack of sensitivity that gets him into trouble with other people. “I hated it, you know? Blood, I don’t like it.” Baekhyun almost sounded so sad but he was smiling. “But I loved him so I changed myself.”

 

There’s an unfamiliar feeling Chanyeol couldn’t recognize, the pain is almost as close to a knife on the chest getting drawn out, it’s there but it’s not. And just because Baekhyun said those words, Baekhyun whose a mere stranger, if not, an acquaintance.

 

“See?” He hears Baekhyun chuckle but as soon as he looks up, he sees his eyes reflecting through the moonlight, his tears projecting the moon. Suddenly there was an aura of grey around him. He looks so vulnerable. “You were right. I should’ve left some for myself. I’m so stupid. I’m pathetic.”

 

A single tear rolled down his cheek and Chanyeol finds himself leaning close, as he pulls him at the same time, and he couldn’t take it, he couldn’t take seeing the person who makes him happy cry. There wasn’t any thought processed, only feelings relayed, as he damps his lips on the shorter’s—it wasn’t sappy, it was soft, it wasn’t romantic either but it wasn’t planned and that what makes it remarkable, a simple kiss, just a simple kiss is enough to palpitate their hearts and question their intentions.

 

Chanyeol pulls away first, slowly, his breathing loud against Baekhyun’s lips and they lean their foreheads against each other’s. “Don’t say that,” He whispers in hot breath. “Ever again,”

 

Baekhyun bites his lip. He doesn’t want to look up, no, because if he does and he sees how Chanyeol is looking at him, he’ll start to feel something. Ignorance is bliss—this couldn’t just possibly happen—not a fairy tale, there are no fairy tales, or maybe he’s just scared, scared of what he’ll find on the taller’s eyes, scared that just like what happened to Kris, he’ll drown in those eyes and will never be able to swim back up, never be able to breathe again.

 

The door opens suddenly. “Hey Baekhyun, Junmyeon’s looking for—“ The pirate raises his eyebrows as soon as he catches the sight of Chanyeol and Baekhyun awkwardly sitting on the bed, their backs leaning on each other, face flustered and red. “—you? Am I interrupting something?”

 

Baekhyun snaps his head to him. “What? What? No! No!” He silently curses himself for sounding like a parrot and immediately jumps off the bed. “Junmyeon’s looking for me right? Okay let’s go! Go go go!” The pirate couldn’t do anything but wonder as he follows Baekhyun outside, slowly closing the door before leaving.

 

Chanyeol drops on the bed, wincing slightly when he forgot about his wounds, but that’s not even his main concern at the moment. He places his forearm on his head to cover his eyes as his lips curve into a huge smile, something he hasn’t done for a long time, something his Happy Virus self would only do and this, all because of one kiss, one kiss. It’s unbelievable.

 

--

 

Baekhyun is walking like ghost, even oblivious to the looks his companion has been giving him, as he places his hands on his cheek and he could feel how hot his face is, it’s like his burning, and he can see himself looking as red as a potato. But he couldn’t blame himself because what was that? What just happened back there? It’s…overwhelming. It felt different.

 

“BAEKHYUN!”

 

Baekhyun yelps in shock when he hears a scream on his ear. He turns and sees Junmyeon crossing his arms. “What’s wrong with you? I’ve been calling you a lot of times!”

 

Baekhyun inhales deeply and smiles. “I’m sorry, I was thinking about something. You were looking for me?”

 

“Yeah,” Junmyeon opens the door behind him and lets Baekhyun in. Baekhyun looks around and immediately recognized the place as the ship’s dining room. He turns to Junmyeon to ask but the older beats him to it and says, “You mentioned earlier that you work for a food company right? I was wondering if you could teach them how to bake.”

 

“Bake?”

 

Junmyeon nods. “You see, one of our crews who normally do the baking died a month ago. Sudden heart attack. None of the ones left have no knowledge of baking. It would be a waste if the ingredients wouldn’t be put to use.”

 

“Ah, is that all? Of course I’d be happy to teach them!” Baekhyun says happily.

 

“Great!” Junmyeon smiles back and calls the girl who’s been cleaning the tables. “This is Sunny. She’ll introduce you to the rest.” Sunny bows at him and smiles.

 

“Over here!” Sunny takes his hand and immediately pulls him further into the room, and they enter a door in the corner, leading to the kitchen. “Hey guys! Baekhyun agreed to help us!”

 

The men, seven of them as Baekhyun had counted, turned to them in unison and raised their hands up in joy. Baekhyun felt really small against those men but they looked really harmless, handsome even.

 

“Great to have you here, shortie!” One of them suddenly lifted him up from the floor and put him on his shoulders.

 

“Wha—“ Baekhyun stares in awe as he witnesses the guy’s strength.

 

The rest of the men swarmed around him, introducing their names all at once, while some ruffles his hair and measures his head, reminding him again of how tiny he is. He hears Sunny giggling from the doorway while watching the crew have fun with their new temporary addition.

 

But Baekhyun’s good. Because he likes meeting new people, they’re always a breath of fresh air.

 

--

 

Kris is fiddling with his pen, thinking deeply about his next move, when a knock on his door disturbed every bit of solitude he has left inside his office. He turns when the door opens and is greeted with an emotionless Zitao. “What do you want?” He asks coldly.

 

“Why so cold?”

 

“Tao, please, if you’re here to piss me off, get lost. I’m busy.”

 

“I’m not here to piss you off.” Tao rolls his eyes. “I just wanted to say that your precious ex-fiance is on that same ship you’re investigating right now.”

 

Kris turns to him this time. “What do you mean? Don’t with me.”

 

“Ohh, but you liked ing with me.” Tao croons in tease, in which he immediately received a death glare from Kris. “Fine whatever. Well, you’re precious ex-fiance only decided to send me a threat with words ‘ u go to hell die die die’,” He recites flatly.

 

“That’s impossible. He threw his phone on me.”

 

“Yes but not his laptop. He sent it to my e-mail. So I tracked him down and yeah, he’s on that ship.” Tao watches as Kris’ expression changes into something similar to that of grimace. “God, Kris, don’t tell me you planned a cruise trip without knowing what ship you’re getting on,”

 

“Well, I wasn’t the one who planned the trip.”

 

Tao groans. “Of course it wasn’t—ugh never mind. Whatever.” He shakes his head and decides to ignore this matter for the rest of his life and leaves Kris’ office.

 

Kris immediately yells, “CHEN!!!”

 

Chen stumbles inside in hurry and immediately fixes himself as he presents himself to Kris. “Yes, boss?”

 

“Who’s the agent on that ship right now?”

 

Chen immediately looks at his phone. “Uh, Yixing,”

 

“Call him,”

 

“Call him?”

 

“Call him,”

 

“…call him?”

 

“ing call him!”

 

Chen immediately browses through his phone. “His number?”

 

“His number,”

 

“His number?”

 

“His number,”

 

“His number?

 

“His number—JUST ING CALL HIS ING NUMBER!”

 

“Okay okay okay okay!” Chen immediately taps on the screen, dialing Yixing’s number. It only takes on ring before Yixing answers the phone and curses, “Are you seriously ing calling me right now?”

 

Chen side-eyes Kris. “Kris is here,”

 

There’s a short pause before Yixing speaks again. “Hi, Chen, what may I do for you at this instance?” Chen actually feels like vomiting while imagining Yixing faking a smile. It doesn’t usually look flattering.

 

Kris motions for the phone and Chen immediately gives it to him. “Yixing, this is Kris. Listen, I need you to do something for me.”

 

“There’s something else I have to do?”

 

“Can you try and find out if Baekhyun is still on that ship?”

 

“Baekhyun? Your fiancé? But I still have a mission.”

 

Kris sighs. “Please, just…just this once.”

 

There was a long pause, Kris can even almost hear Yixing thinking deeply about this one favor, but even if he sounded desperate, he can’t help but be worried about Baekhyun’s safety. After all, even after everything that happened, he was, and in fact, still is his love. “Alright,” Yixing breathes from the other line. “Just this once.”

 

Kris heaved a sigh of relief. “Thank you,” Chen just shakes his head and watches as Kris screws his life even more than it already is.

 

--

 

Baekhyun sighs heavily as he brushes the flour off his hands against his apron. They’ve made great progress since starting an hour ago (the only reason the guys learned so slowly is because they kept on playing with the flour, which resulted to a big mess). So far, they were able to 50 cupcakes and 10 chiffon cakes. It’s cute, especially when he remembered one of the seven said that the pirates like eating sweets after getting too drunk.

 

Baekhyun feels his head spin so he grabs on the edge of the table and sits carefully on the chair beside him. “Are you okay?” One of the men asks him. He looks up and sees it’s Sungyeol.

 

“Yeah, just tired. I guess.”

 

“You can rest now, you know. You don’t have to push yourself too hard.”

 

Baekhyun chuckles softly. “Thanks. I’ll do that.” He takes off his apron and places it on the table. He says goodnight to the crew before walking to the door just in time Sunny comes in.

 

“Oh, you’re leaving?” Sunny asks.

 

“Yeah,”

 

Sunny leans to the left and smiles at the sight of the mess they made. “Ah, that would be really hard to clean.”

 

Baaekhyun glances behind him and then back to Sunny with an apologetic look. “Sorry about that. I can help you clean if you want.”

 

“No, it’s fine. You’re our guest.”

 

Baekhyun shrugs and purses his lips. “If you say so,” He finally thought of saying his goodnight to Sunny when he suddenly remembered something important. “Hey, um, where is the bathroom here?”

 

Sunny gapes, clicking her tongue. “I almost forgot! You haven’t taken a bath yet, right? I’ll prepare the bath for you!”

 

“I-I can do it!”

 

“Like I said, you’re our guest. I’ll prepare it for you,” Sunny reassures with a wink. “Ciao!” And immediately disappears behind the door, hopping enthusiastically.

 

Baekhyun sighs. “Guess I should ask Chanyeol if he wants to come,”

 

He walks to the room where he left Chanyeol, greeting back the pirates who greet him for etiquette. When he arrived at their door, he noticed it was slightly open and softly pushed it open, while calling, “Chanyeol?” He’s met with a cold and silence air, the sea breeze pushing the curtains inside and the moon being the only source of light to the empty room. He turns around and asks someone who was passing by. “Have you seen Chanyeol?”

 

The pirate looks around and speaks when he finally remembered. “Ah, I think I saw him walking around the main deck earlier.”

 

Baekhyun smiles at him. “Thanks,”

 

He walks to the main deck, stopping just in the middle. He looks around and only sees pirates hanging around, some drinking, some passed out from drinking while some remain alive and awake, just starting a feast or ending it.

 

“Chanyeol?” He calls even though he’s quite unsure why but he feels that Chanyeol is somewhere around.

 

“Up here!”

 

He almost leaps in joy when he hears the familiar voice from above. He looks up and sees Chanyeol’s hair sticking out on the fore top, the moonlight giving a blue-colored illusion on his honey locks.

--

 

Chanyeol looks back down just in time he sees Baekhyun close enough for him to reach his hand on the brunette to pull him. Baekhyun pushes himself on the wooden floor as Chanyeol pulls him, emitting a soft groan when his feet finally came in contact with the wood. Other than that, Baekhyun couldn’t ignore the fact that no matter the temperature or location, Chanyeol’s hand remains as warm as the sun behind the moon.

 

“What are you doing here?” Baekhyun asks, squinting cutely when the wind brushes coldly on his face, the ends of hair flying disorganized around his eyes.

 

Chanyeol smiles at him before turning back up front, saying, “Nothing. I just thought the view will be nice in here. Wasn’t disappointed. Look,” He tilts his head slight on the side and Baekhyun leans closer to the edge to see what it was. His eyes immediately widens in surprise as his lips curve into an excited smile when his view lands on the number of dolphins and fishes alike swimming around their ship on the clear sea water under the moonlight.

 

“Dolphins!”

 

Chanyeol turns to Baekhyun when he hears his excited tone and ends up staring at his side profile. He’sbeen seeing this side since they met but never did he thought of how beautiful Baekhyun actually is until now, when his fair skin is dipped under the moonlight, and the wind presses harder onto his hair and how pink his lips naturally are curved into a bright smile, showing off his teeth, and his eyes cutely disappearing in joy—he’s majestic, beautiful for someone who’s experienced heart break.

 

Eventually through the silence, Chanyeol finds the courage to finally speak up. “Hey, listen,”

 

“Hm?”

 

“About earlier…uh, I don’t…normally kiss people like that. So if you’re mad or upset um…you can tell me?”

 

Baekhyun chuckles. “I don’t normally cry in front of strangers either. So I guess we’re even?” Chanyeol couldn’t help but again be mesmerized by such innocent sound. “Why? Do you regret it?”

 

“Huh? What?”

 

“Kissing me. Do you regret it?” Baekhyun repeats and continues, “I mean, I was thinking that maybe it was…reflex. You’re probably not used to seeing people cry in front of you or something so you know, you probably weren’t thinking straight and ended up doing that. Well, you don’t have to apologize—“

 

Chanyeol pulls him then and kisses him, finally getting irritated by the nonsense Baekhyun’s sprouting out of nowhere. He thought maybe this surprised the brunette but he ended up being the surprised one—it feels different this time, it’s like he’s not the only one whose conveying feelings anymore, it’s actually romantic. Baekhyun’s lips are soft, his breath hot and unstable, and he parts those lips, slowly sliding his tongue in. He places his hand on Baekhyun’s waist and pulls him closer and he can feel his body shake, even his hands are shaking. It’s different, their kiss, it’s full of innocence, no pressure, just feelings piling up one after another.

 

Eventually, they end up laughing when they part, and Baekhyun leans his head on Chanyeol’s neck, breathing in the scent of sand and sea. “You don’t play fair,” He murmurs on Chanyeol’s neck, his breath tickling.

 

Chanyeol chuckles and Baekhyun likes the sound and the way his neck vibrates against his face. “Yeah,” Chanyeol finally wraps both of his arms around the brunette who’s looking so venerable and tiny now, hoping that his warmth will slowly transfer on to the his cold, freezing skin. “I don’t.” Baekhyun smiles and even though he feels a bit warmer with Chanyeol’s arms around him, he knows for sure, that his face is hot and red and will probably never recover.

 

Just because of a kiss.

 

No.

 

Because it’s Chanyeol.

 

“BAEKHYUN?”

 

They both turn their heads at the call and Baekhyun, realizing it’s Sunny, chuckles.

 

“YOUR BATH’S READY!”

 

“I’ll be right down!”

 

Chanyeol crooks his eyebrows. “Bath?”

 

Baekhyun looks up at him. “Of course bath.” He pushes him away like nothing and starts climbing down, leaving Chanyeol dumbfounded.

 


 

A/N:

omg

idek

- gelie