Chapter 2

Of Guns and Roses

 

 

Chapter 2


 

 

Baekhyun figured he screamed a lot lately, so after taking a long warm bath he decided to grab a coffee to clear his mind from everything that happened from the last 24 hours, especially the incident with Mr. Big —okay, he admits he has a big —and his gun. Oh, but guns turns him on. He shook his head. He had enough of guns and hot bods already. He’d rather not repeat history.

 

But he did have abs…yummy abs. Maybe even yummier than Kris’. He suddenly felt bad about freaking out on him. The only turn-off was his hair. Who the would sport a curly hair, and blonde at that, he looked like a noodle. Unfortunately, the noodle appeared out of nowhere.

 

“.” He lowered his head the moment he recognized Mr. Big ’s noodle head by the counter and hoped he doesn’t recognize him. Please please please please. He repeated in his head like a mantra.

 

Turns out the heavens were against him. Mr. Big cleared his throat and sat on the chair in front of Baekhyun’s. Baekhyun bit his lip and slowly looked up. He covered his mouth, trying to restrain his laugh, the moment he saw the bump on Mr. Big ’s head. “This isn’t funny.” Mr. Big said.

 

Baekhyun stopped and placed his hands down. “I am so sorry about the…bump. But, who are you exactly?”

 

Chanyeol placed an I.D on the table. Baekhyun looked and immediately recognized the seal—the same with Kris’. He gasped. “Oh my God…you’re an agent.”

 

Chanyeol was confused at how brunette knew about the seal.

 

Baekhyun looked at him apologetically. “So…you’re not an—“

 

“Intruder, , murderer or killer?”

 

Baekhyun bit his lip and nodded.

 

“No. If anything, I hunt them.”

 

Baekhyun gulped. Hunt. Dangerous. He groaned softly. “I am so so so sorry but I don’t remember anything. What happened last night?”

 

“Well…you were drunk and you kind of blew up my mission.”

 

Baekhyun gasped.

 

“And you…” Chanyeol tried to continue with sign languages but Baekhyun was really dumb, at least for him. So he just mimicked a vomiting action.

 

Baekhyun gasped again. “I threw up on you?!” Chanyeol nodded. “How many times?”

 

“Just once.”

 

“God I’m sorry! I was just…just so wasted last night I don’t even remember. I’m sorry.” Baekhyun bit his lip again. “How can I make it up to you?”

 

“A little coffee would be nice.”

 

“Yes, yes of course.” Baekhyun immediately called a waiter. “What would you want?”

 

“Americano.”

 

“Americano it is.” Baekhyun told the waiter. “Um…Chanyeol, right?” Chanyeol nodded. “I’m Baekhyun by the way.”

 

“Nice name.” And nice collarbones. He stood up straight and tried to distract himself so he doesn’t drool over his newly found…acquaintance. “Um…I don’t want to sound rude nor anything but…do you always wear clothes like that?”

 

Baekhyun looked down at his oversized polo. “Oh no. Uh, this isn’t mine. It’s a long story. I kinda…accidentally brought someone else’ suitcase.” Just then, Chanyeol’s coffee arrived. There was a pang of pain reaching back to Baekhyun as he remembered Kris. “Um…I should go.”

 

“What?”

 

“I…have to go somewhere.” Baekhyun stood up and grabbed his things. He left some pennies on the table.

 

“Well, one can’t roam around this ship alone.”

 

“I can manage. I guess I’ll see you around then.” He smiled at Chanyeol and then quickly walked away.

 

Chanyeol wondered what happened or what he said wrong. Baekhyun obviously looked hurt. Still, he didn’t have the right to interfere on other people’s businesses. So he decided to just lock himself in his room.

 

--

 

Baekhyun wasn’t sure at the reason why he feels so alone, was it the people who looked at him like they knew about his break up or the fact that everyone around him walked in pairs? He stopped walking and looked around him. That’s when it hit him that all the tourists are couples.

 

Maybe he should’ve taken Chanyeol’s offer. Besides, the poor man suffered enough because of him. He went back to the coffee shop but found Chanyeol nowhere.

 

Great.

 

But he was determined to stop feeling alone.

 

--

 

Our time is running out~” Chanyeol sang to the song on his stereo. He was playing the mixtape Minseok lend him before he left for his mission and suddenly regretted accepting the mixtape. God, that guy is so emo. He shook his head. He didn’t have anything to entertain himself anyway (other than his babies of course).

 

There was a loud knock from the door. He quickly turned the stereo off and answered the door. He felt his feet freeze at the sight of the beautiful brunette before him. “Uh…hi.” Baekhyun scratched his neck awkwardly. “I just realized this is a love cruise.” Chanyeol snorted. He did warn him. “And I need to buy clothes.”

 

“Only if dinner is free.”

 

“Free dinner it is.” Baekhyun grinned.

 

Somehow, they ended up walking around the deck, trying to find the shop. Chanyeol had never liked the wind until that moment. The way Baekhyun’s hair swayed and the way the sunlight damped on his fair skin made him look like an angel. He had never seen such a beautiful sight before. He felt infinite just by looking at the brunette.

 

“So…what brought you here?”

 

Baekhyun’s words interrupted his train of thoughts. He looked away and cleared his throat. “Well, like I said I’m here to do a mission.”

 

“Oh, right.”

 

“It wasn’t supposed to be my job. I just ended up taking it because the agent who was supposed to do this, apparently, has a love life, he was engaged, and he wanted to go on a vacation with his fiancé. So here I am, no love life, doing a job that isn’t mine in the first place.”

 

Baekhyun chuckled. “Maybe there’s reason why you’re here instead of him.”

 

“Maybe…but how would I know anyway?”

 

“True.” Baekhyun nodded. “Oh look there’s the shop!” He quickly grabbed Chanyeol’s hands and pulled him inside the shop enthusiastically.

 

Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun pick random clothes to try on. Sometimes he would get carried away and grab accessories but Chanyeol reminded him that he was here for the clothes and not for the accessories. Just the clothes. Baekhyun started to fit each clothe. The first one was a bit too formal so it was a no. The second one was a little old fashioned, even Baekhyun laughed at himself. The third one was just perfect. Leather jeans, a white t-shirt matched with black boots. Chanyeol decided not to question the boots. And his favorite part would be the jeans, tight jeans to be specific. It showed off Baekhyun’s proportion really well. By proportion, he means the by the way.

 

After paying for the clothes—which Baekhyun didn’t bother taking off—Chanyeol decided to take him to an ice cream stall. He specifically liked the ice cream there. The location was perfect too, the sunlight was blocked and they can feel the wind.

 

“Jeans are so nice to wear.” Baekhyun murmured while eating his ice cream. When he didn’t get a reaction from Chanyeol, he looked at the latter and found him putting ice cream inside the bread. He snarled. “What are you doing?”

 

“What? This is delicious.”

 

Baekhyun continued to watch in disgust. Chanyeol ate his bread with ice cream and Baekhyun scrunched his nose. “Are you serious?

 

“Come on, try it.” Baekhyun shook his head. “It’s good, I tell you. Come on, take a bite!”

 

Baekhyun took a bite anyway. He chewed slowly, trying to determine the taste. “It’s good, right?” Chanyeol asked, full of hope.

 

Baekhyun nodded. “Yeah it’s not bad.”

 

“I told you. Here, one more.” Chanyeol offered him another one and Baekhyun bit again.

 

“It’s good.” Baekhyun gave him a thumb up. Chanyeol grinned proudly.

 

When Baekhyun took another bite again from his bread, there was a bit of ice cream stuck on the edge of his lips. He immediately grabbed a tissue and wiped it away. Baekhyun paused and once he’s done, they started laughing at each other like idiots.

 

“Thank you Mr. Park.”

 

“My pleasure, Mr. Byun.” They started laughing again to the point that their ice cream got wasted. They didn’t even know why they were laughing in the first place. There was just a sense of familiarity and it felt so good to laugh like they were free.

 

--

 

“Can I have like a report on how’s your mission going?” Minseok asked through the phone.

 

Chanyeol shifted to his other leg while leaning on the wall, waiting for Baekhyun to come out of the restroom. “Fine.”

 

He can hear Minseok tapping his desk. “Fine? You think this is a game? Chanyeol, you have to give me a proper report…or did you decide to take a vacation instead?”

 

“No, I didn’t. I’m just buying time, okay? I got this covered.”

 

“You better.”

 

Chanyeol saw Baekhyun walk out of the bathroom. “Look, I’ll call you later, okay? Bye.” He immediately placed his phone down.

 

Baekhyun walked up to him, smiling. “So…are you going to bring me back to my room or…are you going to keep me company?”

 

Chanyeol paused for a moment to think. After talking to Minseok earlier, no matter how much he wanted to stay with the beautiful brunette the heaven sent down, he had to do his mission. He did recite the pledge. “Um, actually, I have other things to do tonight…so…”

 

“Oh, right, yeah. I completely understand.” Baekhyun smiled awkwardly. “So, my room it is.”

 

They started walking. He felt really bad but he has a mission and he had to fulfill the mission. He just hoped he finishes this quickly.

 

--

 

Baekhyun rolled over his bed, accidentally glancing at the watch on the wall. He suddenly realized he’s been rolling over his bed for the past 2 hours. He groaned and pulled his hair out. He is sooooo bored. If only Chanyeol took on the second choice, he wouldn’t be suffering like this. Being alone was so hard. Not just alone, he was heartbroken too. Images of Kris kept coming back to him.

 

He groaned louder. He needed to do something to forget about Kris, even for just a few hours…like the whole time he was with Chanyeol. He realized Chanyeol doesn’t have any problem about getting bored and pouted.

 

“Alright…if you get to be entertained, I should be entertained too.” He decided to look for Chanyeol.

 

He sighed when nobody answered the door after numerous times of knockin. He could’ve just left and bore himself to death but something shiny caught his eye. He knelt down and picked up a thing that looked like a key. Seeing as it was near Chanyeol’s door, he figured it was his. Looks like he won’t be boring himself anytime soon. He went to look for Chanyeol around the ship.

 

Of course, even the thought doesn’t sound easy. If only he had Chanyeol’s phone number so he can call him. Then again, he threw his phone to Kris so it’s no use anyway.

 

He reached the dining area, thought that maybe he’d find Chanyeol somewhere dining with someone who’s not him, but nothing. Well Chanyeol doesn’t look like someone who would dine here. He was about to leave when his eyes caught sight of a familiar noodle head sneaking out of the door. “Chanyeol?” Without any second thoughts, he followed.

 

--

 

Chanyeol walked slowly and quietly, trying to avoid creaks on the wooden floor. His first attempt was blown up, he’s not going to let this fail again. The sooner he finishes this job, the better. They reach the hallway of the rooms and thanked God that floor was covered with carpet, which means he won’t have to worry about the creaks. He stopped his pace when the dealer did and quickly hid behind the janitor’s trolley on the side.

 

He waited for a few seconds but someone suddenly appeared at the middle of the hallway, just in front of the trolley.

 

“What? Where’d he go?” Baekhyun asked himself, looking around while scratching his neck.

 

Chanyeol silently cursed to himself. ing . Not again. What is he doing here? Oh dear lord, let this man walk away. Walk away.

 

“Are you sure someone was following you?”

 

“Yes.”

 

His eyes widened when he heard the dealer and his bodyguard talking. Then he saw Baekhyun looking straight, confused, looked behind him and then pointed at himself, as if asking a question to someone—

 

Oh . They must’ve thought Baekhyun was the one following them. He sighed, took out his gun and pushed the trolley away. He stood up, ran towards Baekhyun and then pushed him to the side –a bit too hard that the door somewhat broke when Baekhyun hit it—and then pointed the gun against the dealer and his bodyguard.

 

. Two versus one. Chanyeol immediately took out another gun when he realized the dealer didn’t have any weapon.

 

Before Chanyeol can even pull the trigger, his targets ran away. “What? What the hell? Hey come back here!”

 

Baekhyun groaned and grabbed on something that felt like a rope to stand up. Turns out it was some kind of pulley so when he pulled it, something fell down from above him.

 

“Tch. Cowards.” Chanyeol murmured.

 

“Uh, Chanyeol?” Baekhyun called while picking up a small pack of what looked like white crystals.

 

“Oh, Baekhyun, are you alright?”

 

Baekhyun turned around. “Please tell me this isn’t what I think it is.”

 

Chanyeol’s eyes widened. “Y-you found the drugs!”

 

Baekhyun immediately threw the pack away. “Oh my God they really are drugs!”

 

Chanyeol’s ears twitched when he heard loud footsteps coming from the hallway. “, they called back-ups. Come on, we have to go!”

 

“What?”

 

“Just come on!” Chanyeol immediately pulled Baekhyun up and dragged him.

 

“There they are!” A man yelled from behind.

 

“.” Chanyeol immediately ran faster, ducking when the men started to shoot them.

 

“AHHH!!! THEY’RE SHOOTING AT US! WHY ARE THEY SHOOTING AT US?!” Baekhyun asked.

 

Welcome back, scream freak.

 

They ran in zigzag to avoid being shot. “BECAUSE YOU FOUND THE DRUGS!” Chanyeol answered.

 

“SO THEY OWN THE DRUGS?!”

 

“STATE THE OBVIOUS!”

 

It was troublesome for Chanyeol to drag Baekhyun with him but he’s become one of the targets now. He can’t just leave the brunette alone. Chanyeol turned left and luckily found an open room. He quickly ran inside, pulling Baekhyun with him and locked the door.

 

“CHANYEOL WHAT IS GOING ON?!”

 

“Shh! Just shut up for a moment!”

 

“WHAT?! PEOPLE WERE SHOOTING AT US—“

 

“Baekhyun just shut up they’ll hear you!”

 

“ARE THEY GOING TO KILL US?! OH MY GOD!”

 

Chanyeol groaned in exasperation. He can hear the footsteps getting closer and Baekhyun doesn’t show any sign of calming down so he was left with no choice. Better shut up the scream freak. He was determined to stay alive and he wasn’t going to let this brunette be the reason for his death.

 

Desperate times calls for desperate measures.

 

He pinned Baekhyun’s arms on the wall and pressed his lips against the brunette’s.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widened and froze. The kiss lasted for a few seconds until the footsteps disappeared completely. When it did, Chanyeol pulled away immediately, leaving a breathless Baekhyun pinned on the wall.

 

“They’re gone.”

 

Baekhyun blinked at him, thoughts unprocessed.

 

“Um,”

 

Suddenly they heard a small voice and they turn to the side, only to find a little girl staring at them.

 

“Mister, did you just—“

 

“Hi and Bye.” Chanyeol said and pulled Baekhyun with him outside.

 

“YOU JUST KISSED ME IN FRONT OF A CHILD!”

 

“Well she wasn’t there when I did.”

 

“YES SHE WAS! SHE WAS GOING TO ASK IF YOU K-K-KISSED ME! WAIT WHY DID YOU KISS ME IN THE FIRST PLACE?! YOU’RE A AREN’T YOU! I KNEW IT!”

 

“Can you stop screaming?! Or do you want me to kiss you again?!”

 

Baekhyun immediately zipped his mouth.

 

“Look, if I didn’t kiss you, you wouldn’t stop screaming. Those men would have found us and killed us already. So I saved your life.”

 

“Well you could’ve just told me!”

 

“I TRIED TO TELL YOU!”

 

“Alright, alright, fine. Stop screaming. Jeez. You’re noisy.”

 

Chanyeol gaped in disbelief. “Never mind. Let’s get out of here.”

 

“By “get out” do you mean like “escape”? Because there’s nothing but water around us. We’re in a freaking ship!” Baekhyun yelled—okay more like shrieked and Chanyeol swore to God after this mission, he’s going to be deaf.

 

Baekhyun did have a point though. “Alright, let’s say we stay in here. Baekhyun, we’re going to be dead! They know our faces! We’re outnumbered!”

 

“Well why don’t you have men with you?!”

 

“Because I’m an agent and this was supposed to be a secret mission! A secret mission! But here you are, constantly blowing up my attempts!”

 

“Oh so now it’s my fault?! You’re saying it’s my fault?!”


“No I didn’t—“

 

“Did you think I knew that the moment I got on this ship you would be here?! That I’d meet some agent who happened to be doing a secret mission and I keep blowing up his attempts that I know nothing about?!”

 

“Baekhyun calm down—“

 

“Oh bull! Fine then! I’ll stay out of your way!” Baekhyun yelled, throwing his arms. He glared at Chanyeol before turning around and started walking away.

 

“What—where are you going?!”

 

“Don’t follow me!”

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes. “Baekhyun, come back here! You have to stay with me!”

 

“No, I don’t!”

 

Chanyeol groaned and clenched his fist. He was really going crazy. He has this mission on his sleeves, now he’s also responsible for the scream freak’s safety. He should’ve just stayed low profile. But no, scream freak’s thighs and collarbones were too inviting. He has needs too. But right now he wished he didn’t have needs because it’s messing everything up completely.

 

He realized Baekhyun had disappeared. “Oh what the .” He immediately looked for him. And fast. He doesn’t want to find him dead. His conscience will break into pieces and he’ll be in a mental facility the next day. He supposes. He was close to panicking when he heard a yell—a familiar yell—upstairs. Thank God being a scream freak has its advantages. Now all he has to do is find where the yell came from.

 

He paused when he realized the yell is getting louder….and closer. Before he can even take a step on the staircase, he finds Baekhyun scurrying down, screaming like a maniac while flailing his arms.

 

“Baekhyun what—“

 

“RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!”

 

He watched as Baekhyun ran passed by him, tripped, stood up and continued running. When he turned back up front, he saw guns. “Oh .” He immediately ran and followed where Baekhyun was going—wherever that is.

 

“I TOLD YOU TO STAY WITH ME!” Chanyeol yelled in the midst of gunshots, gunshots and more gunshots as he prays to God he doesn’t get shot while trying hard to avoid them. Either he was lucky or the enemies are noobs.

 

Baekhyun turned to him incredulously. “ARE YOU SERIOUSLY SCOLDING ME RIGHT NOW?!”

 

Chanyeol rolled his eyes, noticing ladder going up to a small hole. He looked behind him, the enemies were still a few meters away (and they can’t really shoot at this rate, there are tourists passing by now and then). He stopped in front of the ladder and pulled it down to the floor.

 

“What are you doing?!” Baekhyun yelled, stopping when Chanyeol did.

 

“This is a better way. Come on, get up.”

 

Baekhyun looked up. “Are you sure?”

 

“Would you rather die?”

 

“Alright alright.” Baekhyun immediately climbed up the stairs.

 

Chanyeol was growing anxious by the moment while looking left and right. He hears the footsteps and the ammos but he doesn’t know exactly where they would appear from. When Baekhyun was already on top, he immediately climbed up next. When he reached the top, he can feel the strong gust of wind from the east, hitting their bodies, sending their clothes swaying violently.

 

They were at the main deck—the one with the fewer people.

 

Chanyeol immediately closed the door underneath and locked it.

 

“Chanyeol!” Baekhyun yelled and pointed behind him.

 

Chanyeol turned around and saw men—armed men—running their way. Panicking, he pulled Baekhyun with him to the edge but the brunette being the coward he is, pulled his hand back and refused to go with him. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!”

 

“We have to jump!”

 

“WHAT?!”

 

“Do you want to live or do you want to die?!”

 

“I AM NOT JUMPING IN THERE!”

 

There was a gunshot that interrupted them.

 

“BAEKHYUN WE HAVE TO JUMP!”

 

“I CAN’T!”

 

“WHY NOT?!”

 

“I’m…I’m scared…” Baekhyun murmured while clenching the hem of his shirt.

 

Chanyeol stared at him. He couldn’t blame him for anything. He’s a civilian. He’s just an ordinary person who got dragged into this mess because of him. And he’s his responsibility now. He’s seen people freaking out on him, through the course of his work, but not one of them had managed to stay alive up to this point. Baekhyun could’ve just run away from him. Yes, Baekhyun yelled at him every single damn time but he doesn’t blame him for anything either. Not that he know of.

 

“You’ll be fine.” Chanyeol smiled at held his hands. “I’m here, okay? I’m not going to let go of you.” Baekhyun nodded nervously. “You ready?” The brunette bit his lip and nodded again.

 

Baekhyun felt himself getting pulled into the air, feeling nothing underneath him as he closes his eyes and refused to open them even when they have crashed into the water. He can hear nothing but sounds of bullets passing beside him, probably the men were trying to aim at them but the night made it hard for them to see.

 

His hand wandered off, flapping, while his other hand remained in Chanyeol’s grip, warm and safe. He felt himself getting pulled up slowly, the water on his skin getting warmer and then the next thing, he was grasping for air and he can hear the waves.

 

“You okay?” Chanyeol asked him, cupping his head in his hand. He nodded. “I told you I wouldn’t let go of you.” He added with a warm smile, as warm as his hold. Baekhyun felt a little…secured. He wasn’t used to feeling secured around agents, specifically Kris. Kris always made him feel dangerous. That he has to watch his back every time they’re together. But to Chanyeol, he felt safety and security. The feeling was foreign but he liked it.

 

“Where do we go from here?” Baekhyun finally managed to say after long minutes of silence.

 

“Well, we’re at the other side of the ship and in the middle of somewhere.” Chanyeol replied, adjusting his hold on the log they have acquired somewhere while they were floating a while ago. Lucky how there was a log floating around. “I honestly have no idea. If I have my gadgets, I’d know but sadly, all my things are inside that goddamn ship.”

 

“Well I don’t care about my things.” Baekhyun said and shrugged. Silence grew around them, making him notice the constant warmth of Chanyeol’s hand around his. He couldn’t help but smile. “You’re really warm.” He murmured while looking at Chanyeol’s hand.

 

“Yeah well I’ve always been told that. I don’t get cold either. I don’t know.”

 

“It feels good.” Baekhyun murmured and leaned his head on top of his other arm.

 

“Are you sleepy?” Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun only nodded in reply. “Sleep.”

 

“What? I can’t.”

 

“Just sleep.”

 

“What if I wake up and I don’t know where I am?”

 

“I will still be with you. Don’t worry, I won’t leave you. Go to sleep. You need it.”

 

“Your kindness makes me puke.” Baekhyun breathed and closed his eyes. “But I like it.”

 

Chanyeol smiled and watched Baekhyun slowly reaching the land of dreams. 

 


 

a/n:

ohohohoho

- gelie