Breakfast

Feeding the ducks

As I’m walking down in my way too hot sweater, I hear them eating. I hear maids running around, plates and knifes clashing with each other. More importantly, I hear Sehun. He’s obviously happily talking to his brother. Sometimes unable to contain his laughter at several parts of his story. Happily remembering the times he, Luhan and their parents had their rare moments of family time in the garden. Something about a hose and a switch, them becoming dripping wet in their formal clothes after a party. I smile hearing about it. I have several of those moments myself but I try not to recall them that much.

It kind of hurts thinking about my parents.

“Good morning, Suho.”

Luhan often mentions he’s grateful that I’m taking care of his brother, so he calls me ‘Guardian’. It’s kind of lame when I think about it but it has a nice ring to it. It makes me feel important. Nice boost to my ego.

“Good morning, Luhan, Sehun.”

“Mornin’ hyung.” He looks at me carefully, looking up and down. “Did you wear anything under it?”

I kind of wish I did but I didn’t want him to be all, pout, pout, pout. I’m wearing wearing a sweater so it’s kind of… awkward. I feel vulnerable. I don’t want to show him anything. “ …no.”

Luhan whistles to me. “ suho.”

Sehun looks happy. He’s not throwing a tantrum. “Show me hyung! I don’t believe you.”
Oh you little er. You can see through the sweater if you try hard enough. I forgot effort was a problem on your side. “No.”

“Why? You should listen to your betters.”

“You should also show respect to your sunbaes and elders.” I throw him a mean look. I can be mean if I want to. I’m ready to jump him. In the bad way, I mean. Like the painly way. Well.. it’s kind of both painful- Oh my god, never mind! This didn’t happen. There better not be any mind readers. Raise your hand if you are.

“Woah there, dogs.” Luhan raised his hand. Huh. Crap. “If you have a problem in the bedroom, solve it in the bedroom.”

Sure it all started in the bedroom but not that way. Is he really a mind reader?

I give him a judging look as I pull out a chair as far away from Sehun as possible, which is like, three seats further. Oh boo.

Sehun shifts slightly to my side. “We will, hyung.” Oh hell no, we won’t.

I am not in a vocal mood so I just grab a piece of bread, nothing on it. I don’t like cold breakfasts. I need something warm like a soup or microwaved left-overs from yesterday. I kind of miss that.

It’s quiet now, only the ticking of a clock and soft munching can be heard. I take a look at the clock to see what time it is. Two minutes to eight. Sehun’s school starts at eight-thirty. The ride to his private school and his way too big campus takes at least twenty minutes. I’d better get him into the car by now.

“Sehun-ah, finish up and leave for school?”

He stops looking like a madman at his strawberry jam, another thing that matches with his hair, and looks at me confused. “It’s already that late? Huh.” He looks longingly at his yet uneaten piece of bread with jam. What a puppy.

I hum under my breath to confirm his question, giving him a pitying look. Maybe I should let him take it with him in the car, just for once? I never let him take food into his car again after he ruined at least two cars with ice cream (I hope) and other stuff I had rather not inspected back then.

I guess I could ‘forget’ those incidents for once.

“Sehun, you can take that with you if you want” I give him a small smile. His eyes widen as does those of Luhan. The smile slowly falls off my face, It’s like they cannot believe that I can be nice every once in a while. Hmph. Kim Joonmyun is a nice person!

Luhan is the first to snap out of it. “A-are you sure, Suho?” Very slowly as if he were talking to a child. “You usually have our heads if we even leave as much as crumbs there.” Sehun is watching this scene carefully.

I shake my head because what an assbutt, not believing my words. I’ll take note of that, to use next time. “Hey, take it or leave it. I might even take my words back if you keep gaping like that.”

A wide smile appears on both of their faces before Luhan jumps to the cabinets, raids them for food, runs to the door only to shout “I’ll go with Sehun to make sure he’s safe!” and out he is. Sehun stays a bit longer, a small smile still on his lips as he settles his chin on my head and back hugs me over the chair. I’ll never admit I like his back hugs. Never.

“Being nice suits you, hyung.” As he moves his head of mine and looks at me from above. “Is it because you have a soft spot for me?”

I ‘softly’ elbow him at an awkward angle. “Like hell I do.”

He giggles a bit in a Sehun kind of way before titling my head backwards and pressing his lips to my forehead. “I like you that way.”

Wha- I- Se- oh my god. If he sees my red face-

“You’re cute when you’re red.”  Poking my nose before he’s out of the door with his bread and jam.

God damn it, Sehun.

 


I'm so sorry, i'm so busy with exams and dealines for school that i'm afraid i won't be able to update it very soon.
all the school word is making me tired and i'm sick as well atm ;;

words: 958