Officially Hired

How to Tame a Jerk

A/N Yo! crazyandfun here! Hope you've been enjoying my story. Exams are soon so  I made a long chapter in preparation for my very very short hiatus. I promise I'll update as soon as I can! Thanks for commenting and subscribing! 


 

Dinner was an awkward affair. Daehyun was in so much shock that his words escaped his mouth. He couldn’t even eat because he was still gaping.

Jihye ate cheerfully, chatting and smiling beautifully at Mr and Mrs Jung, who were secretly impressed that she had grown up to be such a mature girl. If only they knew how much had happened in last few hours…

~

Jihye was back in the coffee shop, taking orders from people. It was still afternoon, and she knew that there would be customers at night time as well. She sighed while rearranging the counter. Today was one of those days that she would be home really late, just in time for bed.

“One latte and caramel slice please,” a smooth familiar sounding voice said.

Jihye looked up and to her surprise it was Miyoung.

Miyoung took off her sunglasses and looked over to the other staff of the coffee shop then said, “Excuse me, could I borrow Jihye for a moment?”

Hearing the authority in her voice, the staff instantly nodded so Miyoung pulled Jihye over to a table.

“Hey…is this how you greet me after 10 years?” Miyoung joked.

“Unnie…” Jihye began.

“I know it’s rude not to ask how you are but we may be a bit short on time so I’ll cut to the chase.”

“Yes?” Jihye asked looking bewildered.

“Please do me a favour and discipline Daehyun.”

“Pardon?”

“I’ve already informed my parents that you are the best one for the job. You will live with us and you will be paid to train him. Since you were previously a family friend, the pay is negotiable so don’t feel any kind of discomfort in asking for a higher price.”

“Miyoung, wait! I’m sorry but I can’t do this for you. Besides, I still have my rented apartment…”

“We’ll pay for the full price of your apartment so you won’t ever have to pay rent again. Take it as a welcome back present.”

“….Miyoung.”

“And Jihye, I’m sorry about what has happened to you these last few years.”  Miyoung said, her tone softening.

“How did you know?” Jihye asked her voice hard.

“I was let off work today early so I asked someone to go check up on your details.”

“Rich people really are powerful aren’t they,” Jihye said with a tinge of bitterness.

“I’m sorry Jihye, for not knowing. Please let me make it up to you,” Miyoung said quietly.

“How am I supposed to train that boy? And in what way does this benefit me?” Jihye cried.

“Please Jihye, I know you’re the only one who can help him. I promise, when this is all over, when everything is over, when everyone realises…” She paused for a moment. “Nevermind.”

Something had flashed past Miyoung eyes for a split second, but Jihye couldn’t interpret what it had been.

“Jihye. Please help us,” Miyoung pleaded for the umpteenth time.

“…Oh alright then, but I’m definitely paying you back for that apartment.”

Miyoung squealed before running over and giving her a big hug. The familiar sisterly warmth flowed over Jihye before she found herself smiling as well.

Miyoung quickly straightened up and regained her composure. “You’re dressing up tonight. We’re going to have dinner at my house.”

She dragged Jihye to various clothing stores, picking out her dress and some accessories. After the clothes, she was rushed to a hair salon. They dyed her black hair a beautiful chocolaty brown colour then straightened it.

“This is really over the top,” Jihye grumbled, being forbidden to complain by an insistent Miyoung.

Miyoung had a large black car parked in the front ready to them there. While Jihye had been getting her hair done, she had gotten herself ready as well. Miyoung had already prepared for the dinner in the morning having packed her costume in a bag that had been taken to work. In Jihye’s opinion, she looked so good that no one would’ve realised it had been done in roughly half an hour.

As they were about to open the large doors to the dining hall, Jihye said to Miyoung, “Please don’t tell your family anything about what you’ve found out about me, alright?”

Miyoung patted her arm softly. “I won’t. Don’t worry about it. I figured you would be like this so I told them your parents were overseas.”

~

“Jihye, it has really been a while. You’ve grown into a lovely girl,” Mr Jung remarked. “It’s a shame we haven’t kept in contact so excuse us if we are blunt with our words, but how are your family? I heard they were on a business trip, yes?

“Y-yeah they are. They’re fine I think,” she lied.

“What about your brother? He was born just before we lost contact, am I correct?”

“Dongmin? He’s on uh-school camp at the moment.”

“So you were home alone? “ Mrs Jung asked sharply. Jihye noticed her eyes were lifeless and quite cold, unlike the friendly woman Jihye had remembered.

“Yes, but I handled everything quite well,” Jihye replied.

“Your parents do not mind you staying here, yes Jihye?” Mr Jung asked.

“Not particularly.”

Daehyun let out what was an unmistakable scoff. He scowled and pushed the contents of his plate around. Today is really my day isn’t it.

When they had finished eating, Mrs Jung took Jihye into her study,

“Shin Jihye,” she stated firmly, “I now appoint you as Jung Daehyun’s trainer. You will guide him and assist him in becoming gentlemanly and someone worthy of our family name. If he disobeys your command, I trust that you will punish him.  He needs discipline. Strict discipline.”

“Well then I’ll have to go all out Mrs Jung,” Jihye answered, a cheeky smile appearing on her face.

~

Daehyun groaned and rolled across his bed. He couldn’t believe what was happening to him. The girl who couldn’t stand the most was going to be around him every single day. Even worse, it was the weekend which meant for a whole two days he wouldn’t be able to escape at all.

“Could you get me some hot chocolate from the kitchen?” He said using the telephone beside him to call a maid.

However he was interfered. The phone was snatched out of his hands. “No, bring a glass of lemon juice up here please. Freshly squeezed, and no sugar.”

“But Master doesn’t drink lemo-“

“Please take it up here as quickly as possible. Thank you.” Jihye said, putting down the phone down with a smirk.

“HOW DID YOU GET IT IN HERE?”

“I opened the door,” she said simply.

“Could you at least knock?”

She sat on the bed and reached out to ruffle his soft brown hair. “What? Afraid of me?” She whispered, her eyes twinkling.

Daehyun spluttered. “Y-YOU!”

She chuckled and got up from the bed. “Looks like the tables have turned, Jung Daehyun.” There was a knock on the door. “And by the way, enjoy your lemon juice.” And with a laugh she was off.