Sudden Twist of Fate

How to Tame a Jerk

A/N Thanks for commenting and subscribing. Please upvote if you like my story! This is contains a very sudden plot twist. All will be explained soon so don't worry if you're confused. :) Enjoy!


The trembling girl stared at the floor sniffing.

Out of nowhere, a smooth voice spoke. “Slap him. I, Jung Daehyun’s noona, give you permission to do so.” A glamorous looking girl complete with Gucci handbag and sunglasses walked over, her expensive black heels clacking against the wooden floorboards.

“Noona what the hell are you doing here?” Daehyun hissed.

“If neither of you two girls are going to make a move, I will,” Miyoung said coolly. She grabbed Daehyun by the ear and dragged him out of the library. His loud protests could still be heard even when they had already exited the building. No one spoke. Jihye cleared and quickly made her way back to her seat trying to look as if she was immersing herself in her essay again.

Miyoung brought Daehyun outside into the courtyard. “You know what you need? Disciplinary medicine that can cure your despicable behaviour.”

Daehyun flicked his fringe impatiently. “Just get to the point. Why did you come here today?”

“Can you stop flicking that fringe of yours? It’s irritating.”

“JUST GET TO THE POINT.”

“Father is coming back for a short vacation with the family,” Miyoung said taking out her phone from her handbag to text someone. She looked back up at him. “…and I want you to be on your best behaviour.”

Daehyun looked indifferent. “So what if he’s coming back? If he cared about us he would’ve come back a long time ago.”

“Daehyun!” Miyoung looked stern, but inside she understood her brother’s feelings. She wanted so much to make his life happier, to take care of him like she used to, but time just didn’t allow it.

“I have to go back to work now. I came here especially to tell you the news.” Her lips were pressed in a thin, hard line. She spun around on her heels and began walking off.

Daehyun watched her for a moment before he couldn’t stand it anymore. “Noona…I’m sorry.”

She paused in her tracks for a moment before putting her arm up in a wave to indicate that his apology had been accepted.  She turned around abruptly.

“By that way, was the girl who threatened to hit you Jihye perhaps?” She asked raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah. Turns out yesterday wasn’t going to be the only meeting I would have with her,” Daehyun said, looking disgusted.

“I see.” Miyoung’s face was unreadable. She walked off with a hint of a smile on her face. So it was her. 

~

The dinner table had been set out beautifully, covered with delicious plates of food and scented candles. Daehyun shifted in the suit his mother had insisted he wear, his expression hard and uninterested.

“Son how have you been?” His father asked smiling.

He was about to reply rudely when he remembered what he had wordlessly promised his older sister.

“Alright,” he lied.

“I brought you back some presents,” he said taking out an expensive looking Rolex watch and bags of what Daehyun assumed were branded clothes.

“Thanks,” he said trying not to sound too disappointed. If there was something Daehyun didn’t like, it was the expensive gifts his parents bought for him. He remembered what they used to give him – hugs, bedtime stories and on the weekends, icecream and games at the park. “Where’s Miyoung?” He asked noting her absence.

“She said she was running late,” his mother said, lips pursed. “Daehyun, there is something we’d like to tell you."

“Yes, what?”

“I only agreed to this because Miyoung said it would cure your…unruly behaviour. But we have hired someone to discipline you, who will be like your personal coach.”

Daehyun looked up in surprise then turned to his father, who was nodding. “Yes, Miyoung is positive that it can help with your rebellious nature. Your mother has informed me of your disobedient deeds while I was gone.”

“I DON’T NEED SOMEONE TO PULL ME AROUND LIKE A DOG,” he yelled, finally losing it. He was mad that they had done something yet again without telling him first.

“In fact, I think you do,” Miyoung said humorously from behind them. They all turned and in stepped Jihye, wearing a formal black evening dress. Dangly earrings were hanging from her ears.

She smiled sweetly. “Looks like we meet again, Daehyun oppa.”

“Introducing your trainer, Shin Jihye.”

You have got to be kidding me.