Can a Jerk get more Jerkier?

How to Tame a Jerk

A/N Enjoy! Took me ages to write. Thanks for subscribing! Please leave me a comment below. :)


“Amazing. Your face has matured but you’re even more of a jerk than you used to be.” Jihye said with a wry smile.

“Excuse me? This is Busan’s Wonbin you’re talking to, woman,” he scoffed flicking his hair again.

“Busan’s Wonbin? Was that a nickname you gave yourself?” Jihye snorted.

“You’re just jealous that no one has given you a nickname,” he shot back childishly. “Anyway, I have no time to catch up with people like you. I was going to eat a lovely meal when I got back home, but somebo-“

“Get over it! I paid you back!” She shouted, losing her temper.

“Jihye ah, what are you doing here?” A voice called from behind the arguing pair. Jihye turned around to see Jongup still in his dance gear.

“UMMA!” She squealed practically jumping on him. The reason Jihye called Jongup this was because he had always been more like a mother than to her, assisting her through hard times and sometimes coming over to her apartment to help her with household chores.

“Your mum is a man?” Daehyun said, looking dumfounded.

“Are you actually as stupid as you look? He’s my best friend,” she said rolling her eyes.

“Then why did you call him your mum?” He blurted, looking incredulous.

“It’s none of your business. Come on Jongup, let’s go. I don’t want to hang around idiots like him anyway,” Jihye said dragging Jongup’s arm.

“That girl,” he spluttered. “…is actually crazy.” Daehyun stomped back home angrily, his stomach growling from the lack of food.

Meanwhile, Jihye was cooking herself the ramen while Jongup helped her with the dishes.

“Jihye, who was that guy back there?” Jongup asked casually.

“Some jerk from my childhood,” Jihye replied bitterly. The ramen boiled a dangerously orangey reddish colour, reflecting Jihye’s mood. “Just thinking about his stupidity pisses me off.”

Jongup chuckled. “Oh well. It’s probably a one-time encounter. Seoul is a big place, so I doubt you’ll see him again.”

How wrong he was.

Jihye woke up at 6 the next morning, hitting the buzzer on her beeping alarm. She groaned when she saw that the sky was still quite dark and ended up slipping on her clothes with her eyes closed. She hurried to the coffee shop she worked at, only half awake with wild hair and dark circles to match.

“Jihye you’ve arrived! Oh, you look terrible today,” one of the employees named Yuna remarked.

Jihye replied with a grunt, before throwing an apron over her head. She made herself a large cup of coffee and drank it in one shot, scathing her tongue.

Yuna shook her head with a sigh. “Shin Jihye, be careful!”

After a few hours, Jihye had finished her morning shift knowing that she would have to come back after her college lectures had ended. She took her apron off swiftly, grabbed her books and rushed out of the café. 

Jongup was waiting for her at the bottom of the steps. As soon as she saw him, her face cracked into a smile.

“I made you lunch, since you probably forgot, didn’t you?” He said handing her a lunchbox.

“Yah Moon Jongup,” Jihye murmed softly.

“What?” He replied with a teasing look on his face.

“I seriously can’t live without you. You’re my saviour,” she said hugging him tightly. Jihye put a lot of unsaid words in the hug, knowing that there was no way she could repay him for all he had done for her.

He patted her head and chuckled. “I know Jihye, I know.”

Jihye had only just started college this week and already she had a few essays to complete. Juggling work, study and the rent was no easy feat but being a strong willed person, she had always made sure that she was ahead in her studies and so was rewarded with exceptional marks. After seeking some older students for directions she finally arrived at the library but only before gaping at the mere size of it. She was very lucky to have gotten a scholarship to such a prestigious college.

She made herself comfortable, plopped her books down and began typing. However she didn’t go for long before hearing something that distracted her from her work.

“Daehyun oppa, can you please accept this cushion? I made it especially for you to rest your back,” a girl said timidly.

Daehyun was already pissed at her for disturbing him from playing on his phone. He stood up and took the cushion.

The girl looked at him in relief. He walked to the nearest rubbish bin and chucked it in before walking off. Tears started to reach the poor girl’s eyes.

“YOU STOP RIGHT THERE.”

Daehyun stopped in astonishment. He turned around to see Jihye. She had a murderous expression on her face.

“Fancy meeting you here,” she said coldy. Everyone in the library had temporarily stopped whatever they were doing to watch the scene.  She grabbed the sobbing girl by the wrist and brought her to him.

He looked surprised for a moment but he quickly readjusted his facial expression. “You again. What do you want now?”

Jihye turned to the tear streaked girl next to her and said calmly, “Slap him, or I will.”