Wish: A Punishment

Boom! I'm Yours?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Two || Wish: A Punishment

 

Choi Yujin

School was finally over and as the bell rang, I rushed towards the school gates trying to avoid all of the stares, glares and murmuring of the students around the vicinity. I let out a sigh of relief as I was able to exit the school without any crazy fangirls attacking because of what happened earlier. Flashbacks of the phenomenal event came rushing in my head and somehow I still can't believe that the Cha Hakyeon sat on our table and confessed his love to me. To ME. Of all people, why me?

I bit my lip trying to think of a reason why Hakyeon chose me. Maybe because,

"I'm special?" I blurted tilting my head.

I shoved the thought away. How could I be special? I don't have high IQs like those on the student academic team, I wasn't physically fit either and the last time I've checked, playing the triangle is my special talent. What would someone like Cha Hakyeon like me? 

The thought was still lingering inside my head when someone popped out in front of me making me release a horrible squeak. I swear if I could see myself in front of the mirror right now, my eyes would have been as been as saucers or even bigger. The guy wave his hand in front of me and only then I was able to calm down and remove the hand that was above my chest to support my poor heart.

"Jeongmin! Don't do that!"

"Do what?" he asked innocently, "Besides, it wasn't my fault that you were busy roaming around wonderland."

I rolled my eyes at him and walked silently as we passed by some students as we headed outside the school. I saw Jeongmin in my pheripheral view that he took one last glance at the school before turning towards me, "So, why reject him?"

I gawked at my best friend, "Because --" I tried to come up with a reason and I only ended up opening my mouth but closing it again.

"I knew it." Jeongmin stated tapping his chin, "It was an impulsive response."

"But he was a kingka Jeongmin!" I protested but he just nodded.

"Yeah he is, but why didn't you think over his confession first before saying anything?" he asked and I was stunned. I don't know. I just said that to avoid the stares of people, to end whatever's happening then and then. But I didn't think it over. And then again, why would I think it over? It's not like I have feelings for him too....right?

Jeongmin was already smiling when I turned back at him and I gave him a confused look which he shrugged. 

"You should've think it over. Don't ask me why, ask yourself why." he said and I was confused more than ever.

Jeongmin's words somehow affected me, I didn't know why but maybe because he was right. I should've just dumped Cha Hakyeon like that. I should've thought about his confession before saying anything or made him proved that he was true to his words or something. 

Starting to feel my head ache from thinking and noticing that I was reaching my street, I turn to Jeongmin who was smiling at me.

"Okay, I'll think it over." I said and he smiled brighter.

"That's great."

I shrugged and before I started walking down our street, I turned back towards Jeongmin once again, "By the way, change your face Jeongmin."

"Wha-?" he asked bewildered as I shrugged.

"You're starting to look like that Cha Hakyeon and I hate it."

 

 

Cha Hakyeon

I was sitting by fountain at the middle of the park, feeling cold breeze passed by my face. I was crying, okay, I have nothing to hide now. Especially since nobody is around the park now. I was playing with a coin in my hand and looked at the statue at the middle of the fountain making me scoffed.

"I thought you were the goddess of love?!" I asked, my voice cracking. I stared at the statue as if waiting for an answer but who am I kidding?

"I tossed a coin here, every. single. day." I laughed, looking at the coin on my hand, "You know, hoping it would be true. That if one would throw a coin a wished for his apple of the eye, that girl would like him back. But guess what? SHE DIDN'T!"

I laughed, letting the tears fall down my eyes. I looked around and saw no one, which is good, or else they would think that I would have gone crazy, talking to this Love Goddess statue. I looked down at the fountain and saw many coins, many people wishing to have the one they like the most. I groaned and stood up, pointing at the coins, "Many believes you huh? Now all I could say to you, you Love Goddess of some sort. You're plain bull!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter