1: The New Goddess

Star's Evidence

“The lights flash. The speaker’s boom. The fans scream our names. We sweat. We sing. We dance. We are Mid-night Era!!” I yell into the microphone as the fans cheer and tell my name. My members wait below the stage on platforms ready to be thrown into the air and make our landing positions. This is how our show begins.

The music booms through the air as the lights shut off and I find my way to my platform. Fireworks burst into the air and create a chance for our platforms to shoot into the air above the stage. We jump up as the platforms stop and fly for what seems like minutes. The fans scream as we make our landing poses successfully.

I bring my hand into the now dark arena. The neon red gloves I wear on my hands shine in the dim dome of our first debut stage. I move my hand side to side and soon my members join me. The fans move their fan signs left and right following our hand motions. The music stops and our gloves become fists as the lights slowly begin to rise.

We stand with the lights rising. The lights flash out again. Our jackets and gloves both begin to shine in the darkness of the stage. The music stops abruptly. My microphone buzzes lightly, telling me I may now begin to sing.

“Haaaaaaah~” I sing quietly. The music slowly fades into my voice. “You ready for this?” I smirk into the microphone attached to the side of my face. “We are…” the music begins to boom after my words and our whole group sings.

“We Are The Future! We are MID-NIGHT ERA!!!!!” we change our positions. I go to the back middle. Rin-Rin steps forward to my right. HyuRi steps backward to my right. Sammi steps backwards to my left. Eclipse steps backwards and silently slides behind me. And AhNa takes her spot as she steps forward to my left.

The music begins to shake in and out and then it booms as we start to sing again. We move our arms through the air and sing at our full volume. We give it our all happy to comply to our fans screams. The monitors behind us showing flames as we change positions to a straight line, I stand in front as the others walk behind. I begin my solo rap.

“You think you got us in the palm of your hands. Little do you know, you’re just another dumb man? I am the fire that is leading your way. If I go out your lost and out of your way. We are the ones who light the stage and bring the sun. We are the ones who don’t stop even when you’re done. We bring the fire. We bring the fun. We bring the night. We bring the sun! Let’s go girls!” I yell and we spread out into our original positions. This time I take my place at the top of the arrow as the stage lifts up. I, Sammi, and eclipse are brought into the air as HyuRi, Rin-Rin, and AhNa are dancing on the stage. The fans scream louder and louder with each passing word. We dance with more power with each scream that gives us strength.

Our first performance is flawless and almost perfect. As we sing the last words, “WE ARE MID-NIGHT ERA! Come join our Era?!” the music stops, the lights shut out, our costumes stop glowing, and the fire on the monitors is all you see as our mics turn off allowing us to breathe heavily without being heard by the fans. We step back on our platforms carefully and descend as the screens flames die down.

~~*~~*~~

“Are you girls sure you’re just now debuting? That was amazing!” I hear Mir yell as he walks towards us in our backstage waiting room.

I smile at him, “Ne~ that was our first ever live performance oppa” I reply to him.

He claps his hands excitedly; “I hope you don’t mind but…I’m your first famous fan” he winks.

I just laugh and wave my hand at him, “when is MBLAQ’s performance?” I ask lightly.

Mir smiles again, “we go after 6 more groups” he says. “I can’t wait to broadcast this new song for everyone. I think our A+ will like this new single” he winks again.

I laugh, “Oh? Really? I wish it success” I smile.

The other members nod behind me and a ring of congratulatory cheers are said by each member. Mir bows politely, “Thank you all! We will give it our best. Good luck with the rest of your schedules!” he smiles as he leaves the room and heads back to his own backstage room with the rest of MBLAQ.

“Ne~ MinHyun unnie~ that stage was pretty amazing” our Maknae Sammi walks up to me smiling, proud of her performance. The make-up unnie finishes wiping away the remaining of Sammi sweat then moves on to Eclipse, who is sitting on the couch resting from all the dancing.

I nod; “I hope JYP is proud of our first performance” I smile. “Speaking of being proud, Ya! Rin-Rin come here for a sec” I wave my hand for her to come over.

She arrives by me with a pouting look on her face, “…I slipped…I’m sorry” she apologizes to me.

I sigh lightly, “I’m not the one you have to worry about getting you for slipping. Its JYP you should apologize to. You know how he is when it comes to having perfect stages” I smile gently trying to reassure her as best I can.

She nods sadly and walks back over to a chair and takes her seat.

We have till the end of the show to relax and wait till we go back on stage for the announcing of the number 1 spot on M!Countdown. We can only cross our fingers that we win this one. Each and every time we have been beaten out by SHINee with their song ‘Why So Serious?’ JongHyun had just recently joined them from his nose recovery and didn’t miss a beat even though it did take him a moment to catch up at parts from not being able to practice for so long. I was shocked with how popular their song was still doing. It had been almost 3 months since its release.

~~*~~*~~

We walk up onto the stage after all the performances are finished for the day. Our spot to stand was between SHINee and MBLAQ. On the other side of SHINee was EXO who had finally come back with Wolf. And on the opposite side of MBLAQ was Infinite who are still promoting Man In Love. Then 6 others were on the stage as well. 4 solo singers who stayed and 2 other groups. One a girls group the other boys group being uBeat, who are promoting a song they just released as a sub-group. I smile as I look around and hear the fans still cheering happily as they see all the groups walking around on stage chatting and getting to know one another.

I’m watching the screen closely for the winner when I feel someone tap on my right shoulder. I look over and smile as I see Joon waving to me in a friendly way.

“Hi~ Good job with your all’s new song. Mir told me he went to visit you all in your waiting room” he smiles.

I nodded, “Yeah. It was nice to meet him and thank you~ same with you all! You did really amazing on your new song. I’ll have to go buy the album the next time I’m free” I smile.

He gives me a big smile, “Ah~ thank you~ that’s too nice. I’ll have to buy your album when I get the chance as well! I actually really do like you song” he says happily.

I nod, “thank you Lee Joon oppa” I smiled back.

This time I feel someone tap on my left shoulder. I turn to see Taemin from SHINee smiling.

“Oh hi Joon hyung!” he waves then looks to me. “Your very good dancers~” he smiles.

“Ah! Thank you oppa! But, we definitely can’t beat SHINee when it comes to dancing” I compliment. “I’m glad Why So Serious is still doing as well as it was when you first released~ I actually bought your album. I love your songs! They are so well written and your emotions definitely show” I smile.

Taemin smiles and bows lightly, “thank you! I can say the same to you! Good luck on your future schedules and albums!” he smiles as he walks back to SHINee as the results begin to appear on the M!Countdown board.

“And the winners are!!” the MC says as the drum-rolling effect sounds. I look to wave at Lee Joon when suddenly I hear our name.

“Congratulations to Mid-Night Era with their debut song ‘We Are the Mid-Night!’ Their song barely passed SHINee by 2%! Good job girls!” the MC smiles, as the female sub-MC brings the trophy towards me. I smile and happily accept it as I feel tears of joy fill my eyes. I shove the trophy into the air and my members run around me and we have a big group hug.

Mir, Joon, and Taemin start clapping happily as I slowly cover my face with my hands. I let the other members have the trophy and I let a single happy tear fall. The MC’s wave goodbye to the camera and the camera’s go to our Music Video for ‘We Are the Mid-Night!’

The staff gives us the signal that we are free to go and that recording is over. Once I’m backstage I let my tears flow down as I cover my face and smile happily.

“Ah! Unnie! Don’t cry!” I hear Sammi run up to me.

I shake my head, “no! I’m crying of happiness. It’s ok to cry sometimes” I smile and hug my beloved maknae tightly. “Don’t worry I’m happy!” I smile as big as I can to her.

I feel someone hug me from behind suddenly, “Wah!! Congrats on the win!!” I hear Mir’s voice.

I smile and turn towards him, “thank you so much! I’m sad you guys couldn’t win it!! You really deserved this trophy too!” I smile and hug him back lightly for a moment then we let each other go.

He smiles kindly, “no! You won it because you deserved it more!” he says happily as he smiles. “We always have next time we can beat you guys!” he jokes.

I laugh lightly, “I look forward to the challenge oppa!” I joke back.

I talk with some of the other idols backstage as they congratulate us on our win. I speak with Kai, Sehun, Kris, and Luhan from EXO. I talk with JongHyun, Taemin, and Key from SHINee. I talk with Mir, Joon, and Seungho from MBLAQ. I talk with DongWoo, SungJong, and Myungsoo of Infinite. I talk with K.Will and Lee Hi. And I even get to talk with the other girls group that was there.

I talked with others and made a few friends. I even got handed some numbers from members asking to talk with us more. We didn’t refuse. We thought it would be cool to have some other idol friends to talk to who would understand what we ourselves would be going through. We could get good advice from them. I ended up having more male than female numbers in my phone. I was always a bit of a tomboy so I just get along with guys more so than girls. I don’t have any romantic feelings towards any of them. They are very handsome, yes. But, I have always only had one ideal type. I let you try to guess who it is. I’m not giving it away so soon.

I walk to the car for Mid-Night and we head home to our dorm from the successful recording. It is 1:30 am and we have an early schedule at 6:30 am. Our manager drives us to the dorm and we quickly sleep in our assigned rooms to get a decent amount of sleep for our schedule in the morning.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Let me know if you think this is interesting or not!! I want to know if people would actually like me to continue with this :D *^^*

 

MinHyun out!!