5: Scandals Begin

Star's Evidence

As we arrive at the schedule location my manager wakes me up from my nap. I open my eyes lightly and look around. I open the door after recognizing where we are and all of Mid-Night members quickly get out of the van. We go to the coordinator area and quickly get the outfits we are to wear on stage. I am given the males outfit, seeing as my nickname from the few fans we have is the King of Queens, and quickly go to change. The other members receive their outfits as well.

Once we have all changed we exit the coordinator area and walk onto the stage and say hello to everyone before the recording officially starts. We wait backstage for our turn to record. Our first schedule is a pre-recorded music show. We are joined by many other groups who have recently had comebacks. Such as MBLAQ, EXO, SISTAR, and many others.

We patiently wait in the back for our turn to record. We strike up conversations with some of the people we have met previously. Such as EXO members, I am talking with Sehun and I feel someone hug me from behind. I look behind me lightly expecting it to be one of my members since they are all taller than me. I am shocked when I see Kai smiling behind me.

“Oh. Jongin-ah. Hello” I smile.

“Hey there. Which one is Rin-Rin? I want to for the other day” he jokes.

Some of the EXO members chuckle at his words. I look to Kris, Luhan, and Tao with a wondering look. “Why do you laugh?” I asked them curiously.

Kris took the initiative and said, “We are laughing because Jongin got so excited with that text. And then when you explained what happened to him he got even more excited because he has a way to get closer with some of your members now.” He says before he continues his talk with Tao and Luhan.

I nod lightly then look to Kai, “You liiike them~” I joke.

He rolls his eyes, “No. I just want to know girl group members” he says. “What guy doesn’t want to know girl group members?” he smiles.

“Oh ho~ Using the male wanting to know females card~ I see what you want” I joke. We laugh as Sehun stares into space wondering what we were talking about.

“I’ll explain later Sehun-ah” I smile and hear a back-stage coordinator say it is almost time for my group to record. I say my good-bye’s and head to the stage platform to begin recording.

We have some fans with our neon red balloons waving in the air as the excitedly cheer. We bow to them while we get instructed on how they would like us to record. They tell us the set-up for what they intend to do as we record.

We do a practice run of ‘We Are the Mid-Night’ without the stage effects. Than we run our song again this time with stage effects added.

We record 3 different runs for ‘We Are the Mid-Night’ before our producer likes what we have done.

We go backstage and wait for the Q&A section of the music show. We sit in our waiting room and talk amongst ourselves. We can hear EXO performing ‘Wolf’ on the stage as they do a run through like we had done just moments ago.

~~*~~*~~

We go onto the stage along with the rest of the idols who had appeared on the show with performances and we all take our seat in the stools assigned for us.

Our group sits between EXO and SISTAR. Most of the questions asked go towards the boys groups that were present. But after waiting I am surprised when someone asks me a question.

“So. MinHyun unnie” I hear a young girl say through the microphone for the audience. “How is it to be the leader of a girls group? Do you fight often? What do you do on your free time?” I listened to the questions carefully and smile.

“It is just as difficult to lead a girls group as it would be a boys group” I said as I look to HyoRin, then Kris and Suho. “And as for fights, we try to talk our misunderstandings out as to not cause massive fights between the group. But if I were to say we didn’t fight at all that would only be something I could dream of. We so sometimes have misunderstandings and we can only try to solve them as quickly and best we can” I smile. “And during my free time I am normally working out, composing songs, writing lyrics, or watching some TV. Like running man, JTBC High Society, things like this” I finish my final question with the brightest smile I can manage.

The young girl sits down and a boy stands up after her and accepts the mic. “I have a question for both SISTAR and Mid-Night” he says shyly. “If you could ever get the chance to date a fan, would you?” he asks lightly.

We allow SISTAR to answer first. “Well. When it comes to fans we would feel bad if we dated only one. You all support us so well and we have a hard time choosing which fans we love more~” HyoRin smiles as she answers. The boy seems pleased with her answer. He then looks to us.

I look at my members and we all smile and some of them giggle lightly, “Yes. We would not mine dating a fan. Just as long as we don’t find them having a sanctuary of our pictures in their closet” I smile. I hear EXO and SISTAR and a few of the other groups laugh to themselves at my answer. The fan also laughs and seems to like my answer.

After answering many questions the filming team announces that it is time for the final question. I prepare myself for the next question but am caught off guard by what it is.

“I have a question for the leader of mid-night” I hear a girls voice speak. “Is it true that you are in fact dating MBLAQ’s Lee Joon?” she continues.

I am shocked and sit there for a moment. I can tell many people’s eyes are on me, waiting for my answer. I pull the mic to my lips, “No. I am only friends with Lee Joon of MBLAQ. We do not have any special relationship other than friendship. I am not sure where this rumor has started but I hope it will not spread. I am sorry if any fans are upset with me based on this false rumor. But I am not dating Lee Joon of MBLAQ.” I say simply. My members all look at me and wonder why this question came up and how we already have scandals. As a new group we shouldn’t have any…much less should the leader (me) have a scandal so soon. This would not be good for our fan base.

With this last question the recording comes to an end and the fans leave the area as the idols onstage walk to the backstage to prepare to leave. I walk into our waiting room to change into my normal clothing. Our group maknae, Sammi, walks up to me and looks concerned, “MinHyun-unnie…why do people think you and Joon oppa are dating?” she asked.

I shrug my shoulders, “I’m not sure…we tend to only run into each other by chance…we have never actually planned any days to hang out together. Most of our free days are not at the same time” I say lightly. “But there is really nothing I can do about rumors. They are bound to happen. We can only hope JYP is not upset with this scandal.” I say lightly.

After all our members are ready to leave we quickly get into our van, avoiding the large crowd of fans outside the building, and rushing to our next schedule.

~~*~~*~~

We arrive at the location for our next schedule which happens to be a fan sign event of our first mini-album and debut album, ‘Mid-Night: The First Mini-Album’.

Each of us takes our seat behind the table and prepare our pens, paper, and CD’s to sign. Our event was for the first 500 fans that arrived would get the signed CD. And the next 500 would get our signatures on paper. Any fans after that could bring their own merchandise for us to sign. The fan sign would last for 3 hours only.

I felt sorry already for if any fans missed the time limit and could not get our signs. I quickly push this thought from my mind and think of all the fans that could get our signs. I try to keep myself thinking positive as we see the security guards allowing the fans to enter the lines of the fan sign event.

We all put on our bright smiles and right away Sammi, Rin-Rin, HyuRi, and I have many fans in our lines. I smile as I begin to sign for our fans. We ask their name, sign the CD, talk with them for a short amount of time, then the security guards allow the next fan in line to step forward.

From the look of the lines so far it seems that HyuRi and I are the two most popular members, followed by Sammi and Rin-Rin, then AhNa and Eclipse.

More and more fans seem to show up by the minute and I am shocked with how many international fans I am already seeing in our lines. I have already talked with some Chinese, Japanese, Thai, and American fans as well as Korean fans. It was nice to try and practice each of the languages I had studied for so long during trainee days. My Thai and Chinese were a little rusty but the fans didn’t seem to mind. They understood what I was trying to say and seemed to appreciate me trying to speak their language well.

I had some fans cry as they received my sign and a smile, I had fans who just wanted to keep talking with me, I had some fans constantly asking for pictures, and I even had some fans who liked to take pictures from afar. I also noticed that sometimes when I would talk to other members certain fans would get excited and would quickly take pictures of the two of us talking and goofing off.

~~*~~*~~

We finished the fan sign after the 3 hours had passed and we said good-bye to our fans as we had to quickly leave for our next schedule. We had a group photo-shoot for our everysing photo book that would come as a bonus for the official CD release. Our CD has not officially been released to the public, except for those first 500 fans at our fan sign event today. Other than them no one has touched our mini-album.

Our manager quickly drives us to the photo-shoot location and we all quickly get dressed and have our hair and make-up fixed to match our concept.

My concept was the ‘King of Queens’ also known as a girl who is very much like a guy. I had on long skinny jeans, a baggy ‘Caution: Dangerous’ white shirt, finger-less black gloves, and a pair of black vans shoes. I also had spikes placed on my shoulders on top of the shirt. And some spikes attached to the shoes. They also added a hat with spikes on top.

After my 35 frame photo-shoot I was brought back into the changing room and advised to change into the clothing for our group shots after the rest of the members did their solo shots.

This time my concept was ‘fierce but beautiful’. I was given a dark colored flamed t-shirt that showed my stomach, a pair of black baggy pants, and some high top bright red converse shoes. I had to move my insoles from the vans into the converse before I could wear them so that my height would be similar to the other members. I was also given a black sleeveless vest and my make-up was done in light shades that still somehow matched the outfit. My face showed my beautiful interior while my outfit and body showed my fierce exterior.

Once all the solo shoots were done we each went into a certain position according to our group position (visuals in the middle, singers to one side, and dancers to the other side). Our 50 frame group photo-shoot then began. Our main Visual and maknae Sammi was in the middle. I was to Sammi’s left, HyuRi was to her right. Eclipse was beside HyuRi. AhNa and Rin-Rin were both to my left. We attempted many different group poses but stayed within our theme of ‘Fierce but beautiful’.

Once we finished our group shots we changed into our outfits and headed out to eat food before we headed to our final schedule of the day.

~~*~~*~~

We decide to go to a meat grill house and have some beef grill. I am the most excited of the members as meats are one of my favorite foods.

“This is the best place to eat. I am telling you all! Leader does not lie! This place is fantastic!” I yell excitedly in the van as we get closer and closer to my grilled meat~!! I can feel my heart pounding faster as we get oh so closer to the food. I would say I could already smell it if it weren’t for being a mile away and being stuck inside this van with a very sweaty manager oppa.

~~*~~*~~

Once we finally arrive we are shocked to see that MBLAQ is also at this certain restraint today. They seem to be just arriving as well. We park the van and quickly go inside before anyone can recognize us. We go into a private booth in the grill house and sit at the long grill table. We order what we want to eat and wait for the foods arrival. As we are talking we hear the door connecting our private room to the next private room slide open. I turn around to look and smile when we see Mir making a dorky face at us. The rest of MBLAQ are laughing like crazy then I could swear once Mir saw us he blushed and was embarrassed.

My members also lightly laughed at Mir and I just smiled, “um…nice to see you too Mir oppa” I said as I attempted to hide my own laughter.

He seemed to blush but smiled, “oh uh…yeah…many nice day” he said in the best English he could attempt.

I smiled, “Yes. It is a very nice day” I replied in English.

Mir seemed shocked with my English but only smiled back not sure how to respond, or so I assumed.

The other members of MBLAQ looked in after noticing Mir still had the door open. SeungHo was the first to look through the door of the remaining members and then he smiled once he saw us, “Oh. Hello mid-night” he said.

I nodded, “Hello MBLAQ” I smiled.

Thunder was next to look through, followed by G.O, and then Joon as well. After all of us chatting for a while we ended up sharing a same room with MBLAQ so that we could talk more. As we talked we found out that MBLAQ had also been asked about the rumor of Lee Joon and I dating, which was not true in the least. We also found out that we were both going to the same schedule place next.

I couldn’t help but to smile, knowing that I would have friends at my next schedule. We were going to be guests on an idol game show. it was a newer show so it wasn’t as popular as shows like running man and JTBC High Society, which I would enjoy going on both as a guest. I could only imagine how the next schedule would be.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the late update ^^;;; I have been VERY busy. So please don't post things like, 'Finally you update!!!!' Because I have a job and things. So it is hard for me to constantly update now. I am on summer break but that just means I have more hours at my job. So please understand~ Thank you~

 

MinHyun out!!