The Band

The Boyfriend SungJong

 

"SungJong!!" He turned around and saw his two best friends with big smiles on their faces.

"Guys!!" he called back, not able to hide how happy he was to see them, "Guys I'm sorry…" he said and looked down at his feet.

"For what?" they both asked at the same time. They looked at each other and grinned before turning back to SungJong with serious faces.

"Because…. I've missed you!!" SungJong laughed and hugged them, his friends laughed and tried to escape.

"Aaaw come on guy!" one of his friends, Dongwoo said, "What are you?? A hugging machine??". But even though he complained anyone could see he didn't mind, he loved his friend like a brother.

"If you're going to complain, back of because I'm going to keep hugging this little one!" the other friend, Hoya, laughed. "You sure are something for running away with your girlfriend during the week off, leaving us alone to deal with the gig. That we, by the way, had to cancel." he continued with a frown.

"Yeah! What's up with that? Wasn't it you who wanted to stand on stage the most?" Dongwoo added while trying to hold in a grin.

"Hoya! Dongwoo!" SungJong exclaimed, he knew they were joking but he couldn't help it. "I do! I really do and you know it! But…"

"We know" the both guys said and ruffed their friend's hair. "No need to tell us, we know it all" the winked at him with a smile.

"Let's go!" Dongwoo said, "or do you want to hear Mr. Loud how bad it is to be late on the first day and how you can't think it isn't important just because the exams are done?" he continued and SungJong grabbed his bag.

"Why not?" Hoya replied with a laugh and ducked as his friends tried to hit him with their bags.

"What's wrong with you?" SungJong laughed, Hoya was the one who had given their headmaster the nickname because he often got scolded for being late the first year.

"Come on guys, he's not that bad and it's the last time!" SungJong told them with a smile, "he's retiring and we're ending, we can at least do this much for him!" Seeing how sincere their friend was Dongwoo and Hoya laughed and nodded, "Let's go" they said and grabbed one of SungJong's shoulders each, "But only if you treat me for food later" Hoya said "and me for deserts!" Dongwoo laughed. "Whatever! Just come on, I would have treated you both anyways!" SungJong laughed and they all started to walk towards their classroom.

 

The hours went by quickly and as soon as they ended they all ran out of the classroom to Dongwoo's house so they could rehears. They played for hours, SungJong sang with his heart and his friends poured their heart to accompany him with their voices and skills as guitars. Every single song was written by them, they all had their past that taught them how to put their emotions to words and chords. They didn't take a single break for four hours, and then they only did because they started to laugh as their stomaches cried out.

"Time to keep your word!" Dongwoo and Hoya laughed with all their heart.

"Okay, lets go to my place!" happy to see his friends happy, SungJong started to pack their things.

"Hey" his friends stopped laughing and looked at him seriously, "you sure? We're really going there?" SungJong stopped what he was doing and swallowed, "Yeah" he said faintly.

"Sungie" "Jongie" his friends, worried since they knew how unwillingly he normally was to go there, looked at him thinking how fragile he looked.

"Guys really!" SungJong turned and stood up, "I'm not alone, not now, not then." He turned to his friend with a big smile, "I've you guys, I know I do." He fell on the couch as his friends threw themselves over him, "thanks" he whispered hugging them tightly.

"Moron" they replied with love. "We'd never leave you so you better not leave us. They ruffed his hair and grabbed their stuff after putting on their shoes and jackets.

"Come on, lets go say hello to uncle and auntie" they said and started to walk, "We haven't forgotten them so we better show it!"

"Guys, thank you really. You're the best, I don't know what I'd do without you." SungJong thought before grabbing his jacket and running after them with a "yeah!"