Decisions

The Boyfriend SungJong

 

"Hoya we need to talk…" Hoyas parents stopped as they saw their son and Dongwoo on the floor before them. Looking up to see what was the reason they found SungJong making funny faces, which made them unable to keep their serious faces. "Mom… Dad…" "Uncle… Auntie…" The three boys stopped what they were doing and froze as they saw the two adults. SungJong quickly stopped what he was doing and straightened up, scratching the back of his head unsure what else to do. Dongwoo, on the other hand, began with sitting up then he quickly backed up to SungJong and stood up as well. "Mom, Dad… how… why… when… what are you doing here?" Hoya stuttered, still on the floor, to surprise to be able to move from where he was. "We…" His parents looked at each others, which made all three boys swallow hard. They knew those faces, the meaning behind it. "Wh..at.." the question started to slip out of SungJongs and Dongwoos mouths, but they stopped as the adults turned to them. Unable to continue the boys looked down with a swallow. "Dad" Hoya stood up on shaky legs, realizing what it was about. "It's time…" It was his mother who spoke, but neither of his parents where watching him. "Time? Time for what?!" Hoya yelled, scared of what they might say. "It's time to decide…" His friends whispered, knowing to well what it was about, just as Hoya did. 

 

"Hey.. was it really okay to leave?" SungJong turned to Dongwoo with a sad expression. "I don't know…" he replied, turning to SungJong, "but we don't stand a chance against his parents…". Dongwoo turned his face forward once again. Putting his arms behind his neck he let out a deep sighs. "So what are we going to do? He was so pale and deep in shock…" Dongwoo stated, "I haven't seen him like that before…" he then added in a whisper. SungJong too turned his head forward. For a while he didn't say anything, he just looked forward, lost in thoughts as he walked beside his friend. 

 

They had left Hoya's house an hour earlier, actually they hadn't had a choice but to leave. They all knew too well how strict Hoyas parents could be, but this time there had been more than just the normal strictness. It was like something big, and bad, had happened during the months they had been in Japan. They had all tried to ask what they had meant with "it's time" but they wouldn't tell. In the end they had raised their voices, and in a sharp tone they had told SungJong and Dongwoo to come later. Seeing the looks in their eyes non of them had dared questioned them. Having given up Dongwoo had started to walk towards his shoes, SungJong not far behind. In the end they had sneaked out the door to then start running from the house. Not speaking the words they had turned around to see Hoyas roof. They had made a silent promise to come back the day after, or sooner if Hoya texted either of them. After that they had slowly started to walk towards Dongwoos house, to where they were now. 

 

"You know…" SungJong started. Waiting for the rest but not getting it, Dongwoo turned to his friend. "Know what…?" he asked carefully. "I…" SungJong started, but stopped to take a deep breath. "I think… they plan on taking him with them…" he whispered, not able to say it louder as the pain in his chest threaten to make him cry. "No… no way... They can't do that!" Dongwoo cried out, fearing how it would turn out if Hoya left them at the moment. At that moment they reached Dongwoo's house, but non of them could even think of going inside. "We already knew it would come down to this…" SungJong whispered and Dongwoo turned away, clenching his fits he looked down at the pathway. "Even… Even so… They said they wouldn't stay there for more than a year… They've been gone for four months already... If they plan to take Hoya with them now doesn't that…" Dongwoo stopped and turned to sit down on the edge of the step to his house. "It means they don't plan to return…" SungJong pressed out in a broken whisper.