The Last Dragon-Born

Yong Jun Hyung's Love Story

“How should we be able to forget those ancient myths that are at the beginning of all peoples, the myths about dragons that at the last moment turn into princesses; perhaps all the dragons of our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us once beautiful and brave. Perhaps everything terrible is in its deepest being something helpless that wants help from us.


So you must not be frightened if a sadness rises up before you larger than any you have ever seen; if a restiveness, like light and cloudshadows, passes over your hands and over all you do. You must think that something is happening with you, that life has not forgotten you, that it holds you in its hand; it will not let you fall. Why do you want to shut out of your life any uneasiness, any miseries, or any depressions? For after all, you do not know what work these conditions are doing inside you.” 
 
 
Junhyung's hands trembled as he held the paper. 
 
"Junhyung-ah, kwenchana?" Hyunseung seemed worried as he wiped his friend's face with a wet towel. "What's up with you these days? Why are you so .. sensitive? It's so unlike you, brother. I'm worried."  The otherwise carefree Hyunseung's voice shook as he said that. Even he couldn't sleep well lately, thanks to the fluctuating moods and behaviours of his friend. 
 
 
"A-aniya, naneun kwenchana. Don't worry about me. Hyunseung-ah, can you live me alone for a few minutes." 
 
Hyunseung closed the door on Junhyung and met with the other members who were worried pacing the study. 
 
"How's he?" Dongwoon asked his hyung; a drop of sweat trickled down his forehead. "I'm not very sure. Yoseob-ah, can you fix up and meeting with that psychiatrist you were talking about? That person's supposed to be one of the best in the world, right? Shall we take Junhyung their?" 

 
"I've already called up and pushed our appointment few days earlier. Had to pull a few strings here and there but I think it'd be worth the try.  We cannot let Junhyung fall apart like this." Yoseob's face was stern and dark with worry. 

"When's the appointment?" Doojoon piped in. "Tomorrow morning at 6:30. We don't want anybody to see Junhyung there. Nobody'll be there at that time, except the doctor." Yoseob replied. "Good", was all Doojoon could say. 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was 5 in the morning and Yoseob went in to wake Junhyung up. To his surprise, the man was already up. Rather, it looked like he didn't sleep at all. Dark circles haunted his handsome face. "Yoseob-ah, you're awake? Yah, didn't you say something about a doctor? Shall we go there today?" Yoseob was clearly taken aback. "Yeah...I.." "When?" "Today, 6.30 a.m." "Call!" 
 
That was quick, thought Yoseob. As he was going out of the room, Junhyung called him back. "Yaah, come here, read this." 
 
Yoseob took the paper from Junhyung and it read like this:


                                      "Hurry and erase the goodbyes that have smeared black onto the sky

I want to stay by your side so I can’t get any closer, so I can’t even look at you
Because I’m a shadow, shadow, shadow

I really want to go back to the dazzling times
The beautiful days when we were always together like a shadow, when your smile shined on me
Because I’m a shadow, shadow, shadow

Early in the morning, again today, the sun is hiding
The light has disappeared, it took you and went far away
Cause I’m shadow shadow shadow"

 

"You..wrote this?" Yoseob asked his friend. "Yeah..I cannot sleep...There's a reason..I cannot tell you...I dreamt about this..not exactly..but about shadows...I mean." Junhyung spoke in broken words.

"Arrasseo, arrasseo. But this is good. Can you make this into a song?" 

"I've already done that. I've got to complete this and finish the composition."

"Maybe we can use this for our new album."

"If everybody likes this, well, yeah, sure." 

"Nice, this is good. Great, indeed." 

Yoseob felt relieved. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Yoseob and Junhyung entered the doctor's office and seated themselves in beautiful black velvet-clad couches. The office had a lot of black and red. Including the wall and the floor. It would have seemed too weird for a doctor to have such an office but this is a psychiatrist, and probably one of the best around and there was the possibility of them being crazy themselves. Junhyung chuckled at this thought. Something about this place seemed homely. He had the feeling that he'll like his doctor and also, that he'll be coming here again and again. 

The next few moments, Junhyung didn't really have the time to register what all happened. He just saw a flurry of black flowy robes beneath the doctor's coat and a person sitting opposite him, with an eerie smile stuck on the face. Yoseob was politely greeting that person but all Junhyung could say....

"Gijibe, deo ya!!!" He got up and held the doctor's collar. She coolly pushed him off and blew a sigh of relief: "You didn't tell me the patient was violent, Mr. Yang." 

"I'm sorry doc. . Ya, YONG JUNHYUNG! What do you think you're doing?"

"I. .This woman...it's her, seobie!" 

"Her? Who?" The doctor asked innocently. 

"Ma'am, he's been hallucinating about this lady. And.." 

"How did you manage to mess with my dreams? What's this about ouroboros? Dragons? dragons!!" Junhyung knew he was losing it. 

"Hyungie..." Yoseob was almost on the verge of tears but it was then he noticed the picture covering the sidewall. It said: 

Sky above me

Earth below me

Fire within Me

Body of a warrior

Soul of a dragon

THE LAST DRAGON-BORN

Suddenly it clicked. There's something not right about this. 

"Doctor, can I see your identification. Are you Ma.." 

"Yes, I'm Maya Jwala. "  The doctor introduced herself. 

"Illusory Fire"...she chuckled as she spoke ....inside Junhyung's head.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I'm sorry for being late with this chapter. I was a little busy. Thanks for reading this and also, waiting for me. I am really sorry *on her knees* Forgive me, please? 

This was a little rushed. Hope you liked it. 

Love you,

XOXO 

~NanzieDragon


Here's a little gift to you!