The Enigma

Yong Jun Hyung's Love Story

[Third person POV]

"...but how can a girl living in Seoul not have a phone number?" Junhyung was musing aloud. 

"For the hundredth time, Junhyungie! I'm telling you that Mithra hyung brought you back home." Yoseob was getting irritated by Junhyung's tale about a girl who left him back home and blah blah blah. 

"Seriously, I'm telling the truth. Mithra hyung left for the US in the morning and his phone's not connecting. I really don't know why. And heaven knows where my jacket is!! At least, I could have shown you the address she gave me!" 

"There you go again, you wore no jacket! Hyung supported you back home. You were not even drunk but then why were you like that? I really don't know. Maybe you really need to see a doctor!" This was it. Yoseob didn't want to pacify Junhyung anymore. He's really getting out of hand. 

"Seob-ah. What did you say? That's what you think about me?" 

"Ah, jinja!! Okay, Junhyung-ah, tell me what that girl's like." Hyunseung's voice bore the strain of the tense atmosphere.

Junhyung took a deep breath and tried to compose himself. 

"She was ...friendly, not too tall, not too short, a little chubby, y at that, and she's very talkative. She was...like the female form of Yoseob or something. Coming to think of it, she could be your ideal type, Gikwangie. Or yours Doojoonie. Even you might fall for her, Seobie. She's witty and feminine but at the same time, there's something strong and bold about her. She looked like a foreigner though. Or maybe she's super tanned."

"So a dark skinned fatso would be half of BEAST's ideal type?" Hyun was a little amused; you could see that in the way he spoke. "Alright, so what all did she talk about? What did she do for a living? What's her name?" 

"Name. .  I don't . .I didn't ask for her name. But I think she's a photographer. And she talked about all sorts of things. And it seemed that she was well aware of the things she talked about too. And those things she said were new to me so it's NOT my imagination." Junhyung added, giving a sharp look to Yoseob. 

"Okay, Hyung. We'll confirm it when Mithra hyung comes back. Is that okay with everyone?" The maknae decided to become the voice of reason. Everybody nodded and went on with their work. Junhyung got up and went to his room. He needed to sleep. The weariness was creeping in. 

A flash of sparkling yellow light. A smile. A laughter like chimes ringing with the wind. A smile. Her lips. "It's Yoseob." She said. A blankness. Darkness. Junhyung woke up with a start. What? Yoseob? What did she mean? 

Junhyung jumped out of his bed and ran to Yoseob's room. Seobie was going through some books when Junhyung started rummaging through his stuff. "What are you looking for?", he asked. 

And then Junhyung found it. "What is THIS doing here? I remember it being in my jacket yesterday night." Yoseob looked at Junhyung and the wallet he was holding, back and forth. "I found it on the floor when I went down to send off Mithra hyung. Really." 

"Then why didn't you give it to me?" Junhyung was on the verges of hysteria. "Are you trying to make a mad man out of me? On purpose?" 

"What's going on here?! What are you saying Jun??!!" Doo Joon barged into the room. "He found it downstairs. He told me yesterday. Why don't you believe him?" 

"Ah mwolla!!! I really don't know what's going on but when I woke up this morning, my best friend was trying to make me look like a nutcase! I am telling the truth. I didn't meet Mithra hyung yesterday night. It was HER! She left me home." 

"Ah, okay. Relax. Yes, I believe you. It was her. Let's wait for Mithra hyung to find out why he came here with you. Okay? As soon as we get him on line, things would be clearer. Till then, please keep your hands off each other. I can't handle a bunch of kids all the time!" Doo Joon was fuming. He walked out of the room, followed by Junhyung and  Yoseob could do nothing but stare.

 

 

Junhyung regretted fighting with Yoseob because from the next day onwards, he was extra nice. The guilt was eating Junhyung up. "Yoseob-ah." Junhyung gathered his courage and called him. "Mian. I really lost my mind  the other day." 

"Ah, kwenchana. Even I went a little out of my limits. Sorry."

"Limits buseun! It's my fault. Anyhow, saranghaja!" Junhyung gave Yoseob a high five. 

The day went on well with the shooting for a new Music Video and by the time they got home, it was 5 am and they were all pretty much tired too. But this didn't ruin their moods and they were as chirpy as they were in the morning. As they walked in to the building, the security personnel came running. " Sir, there's a parcel for you." 

"Us?" Hyunseung was the one to reach out for it. It was an envelope. It was thick. They quietly walked to their apartment while Hyunseung was trying to open the envelope. It was glued up pretty securely that he was finding it hard to open. Finally, the envelope burst open, throwing a hundred photographs out, left, right, centre, everywhere. They all bent down to gather the photographs. All gazes turned to meet Junhyung's. 

 

Back in the drawing room, they were busy inspecting the photographs. 

"These are real." Dongwoon stated the obvious. 

"So, how come things turned out the way we saw it yesterday?" Gikwang was burgeoning with curiosity.

Junhyung who was quiet till then opened up. "But what's really strange is the fact that SHE is there in 7 of these photographs. How is that possible? I mean, okay, I’d understand if she sent me the photographs she took of me. But how is it that there are pictures of us both when there wasn't any other human in the vicinity."

"This girl. .  What is she?"