Viewing Through the Veil

Yong Jun Hyung's Love Story

"Hyung, I really don't understand what's going on. I feel like I'm going mad." Junhyung was getting irritated. 

"Junhyung-ah, do you realize that you are getting paranoid for no reason at all. If something happened and it made no sense, leave it at that. Why are you getting all worried about this one little thing? It's so unlike  you!" Kim Heechul quietly said. He knew that Junhyung's shattered by his break up and this was more oil on the fire. He must be very worried about the identity of the girl. What if she's a stalker? What if this affects his career eventually? Heechul understood Junhyung's heart very well. 

"Hmm. That's right, hyung. Only if I could call Mithra hyung and clarify some things. Can't reach him still." Junhyung's voice had an element of the pathetic. Heechul cringed at this. He didn't like his dongsaeng like this. This is not the usual Junhyung. 

"Jun-ah, did you . . wait. I'll do it." Heechul took his phone and dialled a number. "Na ya, you're still there, right?" Heechul walked to another room, leaving Junhyung to ponder more on this situation. He didn't know if he met a psycho, or a stalker or whether he himself is turning into one. All these incidents have made him extra sensitive. Heechul came back and sat next to him. They watched a movie (needless to say, a horror movie) together but they were too bored and tensed for that. Heechul's phone started ringing and it said "Jang Keun-Suk ssi". Junhyung looked at Heechul as he attended the call. 

"Okay, you talk to him." He handed over the phone to Junhyung. 

"Yeobuseyo?  . . .  Mithra hyung?" Junhyung quizzically glanced at Heechul. 

"Nae, hyung I wanted to ask something. Was I alone when you left me home last time. Did you really leave me home? Where did you find me from? Where's my coat?" 

"Junhyung-ah! What is this? 20 questions? Wait, I'll explain everything", said Mithra from the other side. 

* * * * 

 

Back in the dorm, everyone was busy getting ready for a trip to Japan. They had their show at Tokyo Dome and also, a few days of photoshoot before that. Junhyung came in silently and everybody was waiting for him to say something. 

"I talked to Mithra hyung." 

"And. . ?" Doojoon voiced the general curiosity. 

"I'll tell you the rest on the flight. We're getting late." 

 

* * * *

 

". . . and that's what happened." Junhyung finished. He looked at their faces. 

"So you mean to say", Yoseob wanted to make it clear, "that you passed out on the stairs?" Junhyung nodded.

"HAHAHAH!!" All of them burst out laughing. 

"Glad that Mithra hyung decided to check up on you and got you back home. What would have other people thought if they saw you sleeping on the stairs. Drunkard, they'd have called you. What an image!" Doojoon sneered. 

"And your beloved jacket is at Mithra hyung's place. We can go get it back when we're back in Korea." Yoseob encouragingly smiled.

"Ye, Yoseob-ssi." Junhyung poked his tongue out. "It makes me feel a lot better. That girl's a question mark but still, something's better than nothing. At least, I get the feeling that she's not that bad. Maybe she was busy and left the photo with the security? I'll go meet her up when  we're back in Seoul." 

"Ah, geurae. Now stop making all the fuss. So Noisy!" Hyunseung fell asleep after saying this and the other 5 sniggered at the sight.

 

* * * *

 

They say the name "Fuji" came from the kanji word for "immortal." Somehow, the vision that enticed the boys made them feel that this place was, indeed, immortal. Nothing can mar its beauty, nothing can touch it even. It looked heavenly. As if high heavens descended to earth. 

The boys gazed at the magnificent mountain as they stood facing the Chureito Pagoda

"So beautiful." GiKwang mouthed his admiration. 

"I feel like falling in love." HyunSeung quietly added with a glint in his eyes. 

"Let's fall in love, hyung!" Dongwoon held HS' hands only to get kicked. 

The boys started goofing around and soon the photographer called the shot. 

As the shoot at this part was over, they went down which took them quite some time. The cherry blossoms joyfully smiled at them and they felt overwhelmed by the beauty of the nature. There were smiles everywhere and it was then that Junhyung noticed something:

A girl, wearing a long off-white dress, and a camera hung like a bag, was dreamily walking - almost dancing - beneath those cherry trees. She had her hair down: Slightly curly, very wavy. With her curvy figure, this looked like a scene from a hardcore romantic movie. This is where the guy would go grab her and do stuff. This sight seemed vaguely familiar. 

"Ya!" Yoseob pushed Junhyung who staggered as he tried not to fall. "What are you looking at?" 

"Over there, do you see that girl?" Junhyung pointed out. 

"What girl?" Yoseob looked confused. 

"Ah, she must have gone. There was a . . I don't know what to call her. . attractive? Yeah, attractive girl there. Na, it was the sight. The sight of her was quite something." Junhyung mused. 

"You are seeing a lot of  girls these days, Junhyung-ah . . I am jealous." Yoseob pouted. 

"Mwoh ya!!" Junhyung blushed and gave Seob a small slap on his arm. 

 

The next location was Lake Kawaguchi and it was no less beautiful than the previous one. 

"Ah, this place is so beautiful! I wanna live here!" Doojoon was genuinely happy. 

"And the photos are coming out good too," chipped in the photographer. 

"Wooh! Finally, we'll be able to wrap this up, huh?" 

"Haha, that fed up of me?" The photographer acted as if he's hurt and then laughed.

By the time their shoot was over, it was evening and the glazing sunlight showered in through the cherry blossom branches, making everything golden. 

 

Since it was the last day of shooting, they decided to eat together with the staff at the restaurant of their hotel. The fun and frolic of the day had got them into a euphoric mood. They knew they wouldn't be able to sleep even if they tried. "Let's stay together tonight!" Hyunseung said with a sense of urgency. The weirdness of his speech made the others laugh. Junhyung and Doojoon hugged in from behind. "Aigoooo! Geurae!" 

As they were walking back to their room, the receptionist called out. "SIR!" 

They turned back. "You have a message." 

"Us?" 

"Yes." She handed over what looked like a book and a piece of paper stuck on it.

"What is this?" 

"One lady left it here. She said it's a present." 

"Oh damn. Don't tell me . . " Junhyung panicked.

"Thank you." Doojoon told the receptionist and they walked back to the room quickly. 

They went to Doojoon and Yoseob's room and Junhyung quickly ripped open the package. Gikwang was looking at the message. "It says," he read, "I wasn't thinking of doing this but hey! this is getting more and more interesting to me. It's a coincidence, trust me. But I think it's creeping you out. So let's do this. Catch me if you can." 

"What the . . this !" Junhyung really could feel his blood boiling. 

"What's in the package?" Hyun asked. 

Doojoon took the package from Junhyung and carefully opened it. It was a black box, A5 sized. Removing the upper cover, Doojoon had a smirk of disbelief on his face. "Geu gijibe! . . "

"Wow." Yoseob and Hyunseung said at once. 

Junhyung had mixed feelings. "That's it!" He banged his hands on the bed in frustration and went to take a bath.

 

Yoseob had a slightly worried expression on his face. "How did she know that we were here? Is it really a coincidence? And moreover, "I think it's creeping you out"? How does she know? I mean, you can't just guess it like that. JH and us, we were creeped out because Mithra hyung left him home and he was talking about a girl. She left him photographs but never appeared in front of us. But why would SHE think that it is creeping us out? Something is very wrong." 

Doojoon sighed.