▐ ⋮✕ SUPER FAILURES ↔ kim, minseok.

∞ ⋮ narcissistic's applications ⋮ mass post

 

 

 

             

kim minseok / xerath     

 

kim minseok by day, xerath the magus ascendant by night.

by day, kim minseok is just another regular korean boy who looks about ten years younger than he usually does ( which is pretty off considering that he's already an architectural graduate ). currently, minseok works as a barista at a local cafe not too far of his former university campus. during his college days, minseok was always that one student who kept to himself; not many people knew about him or even remember him graduating in their class. mind you, he did have friends. just not many.

one such friend worth mentioning happens to be his partner in crime, im sojae. sojae and minseok graced each other with their presence in a mutual math course they took, and another during one of their late night crime sprees. now, while they weren't necessarily the type to hang out with each other 25/8, they shared a bond that most friendships that have lasted many years don't have. call it...mutual understanding, if you will. minseok knew sojae like the back of his hand, and as did she.

because minseok is the type to sit back and listen, he comes off with a rather intimidating vibe. for most people at the cafe, a common complaint they have is that he seems somewhat unfriendly and unapproachable because of the aura he exudes. now, he doesn't mean to push them away on purpose, it's just he's not the kind of guy who enjoys two-way communication. if anything, he'd rather hang onto information rather than give it out to others. with that said, he has an attention to detail. he is very specific and nit-picky when it comes to executing plans or even just making a simple decision. every possible outcome must be analyzed and weighed out in his head.

minseok's eyes are one of the strongest points on him that radiates authority but strikes fear in the heart of others in the process. they're sharp, and angular implying power and control. if looks could kill, just one glance from him would have you lying on the cold hard ground. thus, he's learned to do things on his own and remain an independent individual. but there are perks to working solo. because there is no one else to interfere his though process, he's gotten to the point where he can interpret nuances and inferences in both written and spoken text. minseok can literally 'read between the lines' and has a vast knowledge of world, book, and street smarts. this allows him to make astute decisions.

 

minseok was one of the lucky few to be born with a defective gene code rather than having to experience a traumatic experience like most legendary superheroes of our time. as a young boy, minseok practiced his magic with an undying passion. his special ability is molecular acceleration - or as most commonly known: kinetic energy manipulation. his ability allows him to take the potential energy stored in an object and convert it to a pure magenta colored kinetic energy and charging that item with highly explosive results. one of the few limitations to his ability is the time crunch that comes along with it: the larger the object, the more time it takes to charge. so yeah, don't expect to see minseok super charging cargo trains during battle because that'd probably take him a few minutes, and it's not like he can control time and space. ( with these powers think...gambit from x-men because like he is just totes cool with his ever-present playing cards okay. also credits to ayrene for suggesting the power o u o ).

in using the ability to tap kinetic energy, minseok is able to grant himself incredible superhuman physical buffs as his body is constantly generating bio-kinetic energy. which is like the perfect thing ever because not only can he chuck your grandmother's trinkets at you, he's like a walking generator yo. with enhanced speed, strength, reflexes, agility, and even flexibility, he can use this to his advantage and can conjure up a pretty wicked acrobatic fighting style that can totally kick .

and just to top off his already badass-ness, minseok also has the ability to create static out of thin air because of the charged potential energy that's always present in his body. in throwing up this shield, it protects his mind from intrusion; with the right training, he could even protect himself from even the strongest of telepaths like luhan ( aka legacy ). but for the sake of not making him seem too op, let's just settle with the KE manipulation of objects and himself rather than throwing up shields.

 


minseok first heard about yang by reading ( i'm sure you should know this by now ), the seoul times article about the 'lame' superheroes. a regular at his coffee shop had left a newspaper lying around, and minseok took this as a sign from the gods that this was his calling to fame. if he had to make a name for himself, it obviously wasn't going to be by getting beaten up by the greatest heroes of all time. no, it was beating down the smaller heroes first and making his way up.

so how exactly did fireworks show girl end up in a hush-hush alliance with a level 100 houdini? well, good looks definitely go a long way nowadays. /bricked.

ok but with all jokes aside, yang believed that this was a fair trade. her goal in life was not to be on the same level as superman, no. all she wanted was to show the city of seoul that she wasn't a useless super. she wanted to prove that she wasn't just an accidental mutant. and most importantly, she wants im sojin to eat. her. words.

on the other hand, all minseok wanted was to become the bigger villain. all he wanted was recognition of his true evil and the damage that he could deal to the city of seoul. although he might not have been obvious, but the feeling of having the ultimate decision in a city's downfall or success felt great. or, if that was too big of a jump, all he really wanted was attention and recognition that he was a villain - and a good villain at that.

both of them knew that without each other, they wouldn't be able to achieve their goals. minseok, knowing he was playing the higher playing card in this game, confidently propsed the offer for partnership, and she happily went along with it. he knew that her abilities were useless, and if she ever tried to break her end of the deal, he could simply rid the earth of her presence. besides, what were a bunch of girly sparkles going to do to him? absolutely nothing.

but as they progressed in their plan as rising villain and newly improved hero, minseok's heart decides to stir up trouble...and he doesn't like it.


it is often said that opposites attract, but i guess not in the case of these two explosive supers. when these two are together, they make sparks fly - and not in the good way. since these two have different goals in mind ( one want to fight crime, another wants to make crime ) their ideas aren't really up for compromise. a lot of their time is spent arguing about which method is better. but of course, since minseok is the one helping her more than she's helping him ( because really she's pretty much just a prop for him to use ), she has to shut and do what he says. but hey, they have heir good days too.

even though he's supposed to bring evil, minseok actually finds effective ways to use her powers. while these ways aren't really the most ideal for crime fighting, it's better than what she used to pull off. primarily her powers are used for distraction, not attacking. so if she wanted to make herself look like a hero to everyone, she should be able to conjure up large displays to completely engulf her opponent. now on minseok's end come a little bit of acting. if pulled off correctly, both of them can gain the popularity they want and need.

eventually, the more time they spent together, minseok begins to realize that there's actually more to yang than just a big mouth and exploding flitters. he's actually starting to develop...romantic feelings? to him, she's not just another one of the worthless mutations gone wrong. sure, her power still nonetheless, but there's more to a superhero than just glitz and glam. because really, even supers are human too.