▐ ⋮✕ SUPER FAILURES ↔ yan, liuyang.

∞ ⋮ narcissistic's applications ⋮ mass post


 

 

 


SUPER FAILURES

WAIT! I WASN'T READY!

NARCISSISTIC DAOMING EIGHT Seven



tumblr_mqyv2cZtYA1scuon5o1_400.png



LETS GET DOWN TO BUSINESS

name  yan, liuyang
nickname
[ yang ] - simply because people ( mostly me ) are too lazy
[ yanhuo ] - chinese for firework - general nickname as it pertains to her and her powers

birthdate & age 05/02 [ 20 years ]
ethnicity chinese
languages unfortunately multi-lingualism isnt her power

face claim   [ one - yoo bohwa ] . [ two - kim dahyun ]
appearance 
          height / weight
148cm / 50kg
          eye / hair colordark brown / dark brown
          extras
brace face, double dimples ayeeee

 


I'LL MAKE A WOMAN OUT OF YOU

personality traits   determined . colorful . moody . honest . stubborn
in depth personality  ⋮ you wanna know who's the newest hero in town? nah, forget superman. and don't even give me wolverine. they're legends, they don't count. what i'm talking about is the coolest, awesomest ( see i even slayed grammar for this ) newest hero in town! yes that's right everyone, give it up for the one, the only - yan liuyang! lol jokes. she's number one of the top ten worthless superheroes. she's not worthy.

in all seriousness, liuyang - or as she simply prefers to be called 'yang' - is what you would most likely classify in the gamer world as - squishy. average stats but when it comes to defense, you'll cry. yang is a virtually challenged push-over who talks nonstop. she's got a sharp intuition when it comes to general life, albeit a bit slow when it comes to academics. overall this ticking time bomb is like an energetic elementary school kid who got lost and wandered into a young adults' body.

with an imagination similar to that of a ten year old, yang's wild life mirrors many philosophical quotes stated by famous thinkers. although made famous by modern day society, one such philosophy would be the infamous - yolo. by adding the elements of thrill and excitement in her life, yang finds herself being into a whirlwind of adventure and new discoveries. to yang, danger fuels her energy to continue striving. with every incredible feat she overcomes, it adds onto her legend, therefore another thing she can be proud of. having lost her parents in a traumatic freak accident, she - made from their own blood - vows to accomplish as many things possible under her family name so her parents would be proud. sure, with trying new things comes fear, but yang doesn't let being afraid stop her. why? because you're not really experiencing life to the fullest if you keep telling yourself you can't do it.

on the outside, yang appears to be a bright girl who is just b with intelligence because of her extreme background, but academically she gets left behind quite easily. it takes her a while to fully comprehend what is being said to her; sometimes even having to ask a person to repeat what they said just so she could try to understand. having grown up in a more fortunate family, yang never had to worry about her grades (basically passing her classes with b-averages). she had the financial support to be able to let her grades lag anyway. if confronted with problematic situations (like friendship squabbles, for example), she can hold a one-woman seminar if given the time.

being street-smart has helped her in the real world, sure. but when it comes to school work...uh don't expect a lot. it comes as a surprise when one finds out this procrastination infected victim is actually studying to become a primary school teacher. unlike most people however, the habit wasn't a result of no determination, but because of a tight schedule. being a perfect attendance student, evening bartender, dedicated teacher's aide, and on top of that a struggling superhero isn't easy you know. sometimes, life just gets you had.
it's quite often that she will pull all-nighters while trying to work on five assignments at the same time that are due the next day. and when it comes to crime fighting, she's not gonna lie - sometimes she arrives late to the scene of a crime. that's the downside of trying to do so many things at once. sometimes, you don't get to do what you need to do, and your performance ends up only being slightly past mediocre.

but don't get me wrong, yang can be a little bit hesitant too in all of her open-minded glory. while she doesn't necessarily mind listening to other peoples' ideas, there's still a major part of her that doesn't easily accept ideas that aren't something that she came up with. no offense to said person, but ever since her parents' death case was solved, she's had problems trusting just anyone. if there's one thing that yang struggles with, it's change in a certain way of thinking. when she was younger, she was constantly called a pushover by her classmates because she was very gullible. she didn't get to go outside much since her parents were never around the house, and i mean, when were house aides any fun to play with?  at one point, all she lived for was to please people (more specifically, for her parents' recognition). even to this day she's afraid of not being liked, and is afraid of rejection. although she definitely doesn't have trouble with saying 'no', it's more like she's concerned about what that person will think about her if they're not happy with her disproval. when faced with a new or different idea, yang will consider it, analyze it, think over it slowly, and try to make it fit into her own vision of reality. but word from the wise, if yang says "no" then she means no. like at that point there's no reason to even argue with her because that girl ain't steppin' down from her pedestal. being a teacher's assistant at a kindergarten, she's used to having the position of authority even if it's just over little kids.

something that yang never runs out of is inspiration and determination to fulfill all the hopes and dreams she has stored in her head. she's a big promoter of individuality and stepping out of your comfort zone. really her main goal in life is to live happily, but let's be real - everyone has a bucket list. what she wants to do is accomplish all 500 of the things she has listed. even though there's a lot of setbacks to her being shorter than a lot of people, yang doesn't let that stop her from making a bang. she believes that since the mind and heart are bigger than anything in the world, one can overcome anything they set their mind to. if she wants something, she won't give up until she is satisfied with the result. one of her biggest passions is teaching and public speaking, but one would never think that. before, she never was a fan of such things. she herself never thought she would have been good at it until she actually became a teacher's aide herself. but right now, one issue that yang wants to call out in the open happens to be getting a decent article written about her in the paper to prove that she's not just another result of a messed up gene code. but let's save that for later.


on the other hand, if yang is unable to complete an endeavor, then she kind of lets it loom over her head and she sulks for a while. although she hates the feeling of being down, she does have her off days at times. when she's not in a good mood, she can be quite explosive. one wrong move can blow a fuse. luckily for her, when she does get over a slump, it's not for an entire two weeks. give it maybe two or three days. honestly, she's got the attention span of a peanut so don't expect her to reemmber why she was sad in the first place. unless it's a traumatic even like her past (which she's still grieving over), it's not significant to her.

while yang appears to be a bright girl who is just b with intelligence because of all of her life philosophies, academically, she gets left behind quite easily. it takes her a while to fully comprehend what is being said to her; sometimes even having to ask a person to repeat what they said just so she could try to understand.on everyday topics, she can talk all day with you because she's experienced many things in her life. but when it comes to school work...uh don't expect a lot. she's known for procrastination, if anything, mainly because she's very busy. juggling two jobs and a student life while trying to be a hero is tiring you know. but yes, it's quite often that she will pull all-nighters while trying to work on five assignments at the same time that are due the next day. when it comes to crime fighting, she's not gonna lie - sometimes she arrives late to the scene of a crime.

although yang might seem like the happiest, go-luckiest person you'll ever come across in life: PROCEED WITH CAUTION. if there's one thing that yang really hates, it's people who get away with doing wrong. bad deeds must be put right by punishments; that's her like...another life philosophy. but like what superhero doesn't want to expose bad guys and make them feel their wrath? thanks to a traumatic past, it's not easy for yang to forgive and forget. depending on how badly you've hurt her feelings, she will pay it back with the same amount of pain. or at least, she tries to. blinding people with rainbow sparkles isn't always going to cut it.

on the outside, yang is a happy girl - which she is, but there's no such person in this world without any pains. psychologically speaking, you could say that her cheerfulness is a defense mechanism for what she lost in the past - her parents. she rarely ever lets people see her down, and if they do, she'll tell them that it was no big deal. if you think about it, living like everyday its her last day is fulfilling for her because that's what her parents never got to do. they didn't know it was going to be their last day; they weren't anticipating it at all. as corny as it sounds, yang really does believe in "you only live once", and because there's only one life to life, you gotta make the best of it. leave with no regrets.

general biography ⋮ originally from zhengzhou, henan province in china, yang was born to her mother and father, jiaoyu and zhangyao. she was the only child in her family, except for an older brother whose cause of death is unknown. before she was even one year old, her parents immigrated to gangnam, south korea where their once-small firework store developed into a worldwide firework company known as liuyang fireworks. she attended sookmyung girls' elementary, middle and high schools. in her second year of high school on her sixteenth birthday, her parents we're preparing for her a big surprise celebration as what most americans did for their children. they had planned a large fireworks event at the end of dinner; the plan was to cover the entire night sky with beautiful displays of reds, blues pinks, purples, greens and every other color inbetween. but not everything goes according to plan. 

at that time, one of the affiliates associated with liuyang co. (qinglong co.) had been bought out by yang's father, and was shut down. he took in all the employees from qinglong co. and offered them positions in the liuyang factories, which they accepted. the loyalists to the qinglong company wanted to get back at liuyang co. so they formed a union and planned out a strike which they were going to pull off at the party. that evening, before dinner had ended, yang's parents went to the back to see if the fireworks had been safely transported to the venue. the next thing the guests heard was a loud explosion, blowing up the entire half of one building. once emergency services finally arrived, everything had burned down and pretty much every guest was announced dead. there was only one person living on the site - and that was the birthday girl.

yang was found underneath a pile of broken tables and chairs, with third degree burns all over her body. mini firecrackers that had been laid out to decorate the ballroom showed that they had ignited due to crossfire were found actually halfway through her body. immediately she was transported to the hospital for treatment - but once there, they found no trace of the firecrackers and sparklers that had pierced her flesh. it was as if they had magically disappeared. the only thing left for them to treat were the burns around her body. it took many procedures and surgeries for her to look like the way she used to, and once she was discharged from the hospital two years after the accident, she went back to school. but that wasn't the end of the fated accident, oh no. not at all, my friend. you can bet she hired the men in black to bring the union down and bring her parentss' death justice. once a family, always a family.

it wasn't until her first year of college when yang found out about her unique abilities. she was going back to her dorm late since evening classes had just ended, and she was walking alone. her apartment wasn't on campus as she just attended a local university in gangnam, she was was renting a little place about ten blocks away from school. yang wasn't aware that two upperclass seniors who were drunk out of their minds were following her. when one of them made an attempt to jump her, she panicked and next thing you know, a blinding explosion of lights and ear-popping cracks filled the air while defending herself. this completely disoriented the boys and allowed the frightened girl to escape.

with the new discovery of her mutant ability, yang took this as an opportunity to make a little money for herself since she was now living on her own. the money that should have gone to her, went back to her tyrant uncle zhouhui back in china so she had no other choice but to be living the life she was living. her parents had no will after all. so yes, she needed a way to help pay for the financial stresses of college life. first, it started off as a part-time job at coex mall as an entertainer. eventually, when she realized that wasn't enough to live off of, she went ahead and applied for a teaching position at her old elementary school. although her application was rejected because of her lack of experience and degree, she was offered an assistant teacher position for a morning kindergarten class. she happily accepted because it was perfect for her schedule. her students were thrilled to see their 'teacher' with such cool abilities.

during the summer before her second year of college, she took up an evening job as a nightclub bartender. she never would have thought she would end up in a place like that before, until she realized that maybe it would be the perfect place to show off her abilities on a low-scale. not only was it entertaining, but it meant that she would be making money while she wasn't assisting the teacher at school (it was summer break anyways so she wasn't getting paid). yang was able to get a job at club ellui, one of the hottest clubs in seoul, as a bartender. she quickly became a favorite for the nightclub patrons as they were easily amused by her light show displays. she was the talk of the town for a good while, until she had to quit because school started once again.

because of yang's constant exposure to the public, it didn't take very long for her name to get into the newspaper. of course, she couldn't have done it without the "generous" help of journalist im sojin. "top ten heroes seoul is better without" and look, yang was ranked number one! now if that wasn't a total killer, then i don't know what is. this really pushed yang's buttons because like, hello? gurl, what is your problem? why you gotta do another neighborhood friendly super like that?

trivia ⋮  

- passive ability: able to generate larger and more sound-destructive globules the more stressed out she is
- because she grew up in an all-girls environment, she's not exactly sure how romance works
-
 nearly called herself "glitters" because she couldn't think of anything at the time
- if she hadn't watched the incredibles and saw what happened to syndrome, she would have opted for a cape
-
  eerthang ; eyes, lips, nose, face, australia | #proud
- really likes pc gaming ( especially the fantasy based ones )


MYSTERIOUS AS THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

classification hero
occupation   student [ primary education major ] | teacher's aide [ full-time ] | nightclub barista [ summer job ]

cross the questions below out if not hero/villan

hero/villain identity ⋮ bombette
super power ⋮ ability to generate multi-colored energy plasmoids from her fingertips

{ + } : she calls these globules of hers "fireworks" as they look like downsized  versions of fireworks. these globules obey her mental control, traveling where she directs them, arranging themselves into balls, streamers and other various shapes. they also detonate at her command. the strength of energy varies depending on degrees of power and instensity. her fireworks could range from a multitude of colorful sparkles to being able to temporary blinding a person.

while the explosions may look harmful and all, they are nothing but mere light shows and a collection of loud paffing sounds. once they wear away, everything goes back to normal. think of them as flashbangs minus the harmful side-effects one could possibly experience if one stands to close to one.

costume [ one ] - this is a general idea of how her costume looks like only less baggy/bulky

sticking to her chinese pride, yang sports a short black cheongsam dress with gold and red trims. there are slits cut out on each side of the dress allowing her to move freely. because crime fighting in a dress alone is never a smart choice, yang substitutes tights and shiny spandex with skin-tight black leggings underneath straight black boots. and what is an outfit without accessories? to top it all off, yang wears a star hairpiece (because fireworks are kind of hard to replicate) to secure her high bun in place.

experience ⋮ give or take a few months

level of fame ⋮ two point five - locals know about her power as she does perform her own shows at nightclubs, and children's parties...although they don't really see anything useful in what she has to offer and it's not like people party 24/7 so yeah.

background of life as a hero/villain mutant ability origins can be found in the background section, so i'll just elaborate more on her time as a hero in this section.

after the death of her parents, yang's outlook on life changed drastically. back then, because she grew up in a safe, and protected environment, the existence of people with evil intentions was never really brought to her attention. other than using the power of politics to avenge her parents' death, yang never actually fought crime. she would save herself from creepy cougars at night, and it was a useful ability when it was late at night and she needed to get something from the pitch black stoarge room of her apartment building. other than that, no crime fighting was actually dealt with her powers. i mean, other than a getaway distraction and a form of entertainment, what use were they really for? it's not like she was a video game character where she could use her main ability to stun, and then follow through with combo of a roundhouse kick to the face and a rapid fire effect of deadly explosions for the kill. they were just there to make a diversion.

so yeah, the life of a hero? yang hates it, honestly. there's no such thing as a takedown when it comes to fighting against villains because she has nothing else to combat them with other than maybe watch their reactions to a fancy pants light show for free. but it wasn't until she met villain-on-the-rise, kim minseok, when she decided that "hey, this guy could totally help me in making a name for myself and get me off that stupid top ten list!"

and thus, a new partnership was born.

background of life as a citizen ⋮ (cross out if a hero/villain) describe how it is as a citizen in the world of heroes + villains. what is their response to the influx of hero/villain activity. have they interacted with heroes or villains before? have they ever wished to be like them? why or why not. do they know any heroes or villains? etc.


ONCE YOU FIND YOUR CENTER

THE BEST FRIEND

name lee taeil
status ⋮ citizen - [ student ] primary education major
relationshiptaeil and yang first met in their first year of college on course picking day. they had both arrived late, and pretty much all of the courses they had planned to take ( well, mainly english literature ) were taken. so in the end, what happened was they decided that "aye maybe teaching isn't a bad thing" and they just went ahead with that. it's only their first year anyway.

personality wise, both of them are quite similar in many ways. because both of them are interested in the same things, they rarely ever have arguments and overall it's just like...nice to have another you. like, if you're having a bad day, they totally get you, yaknamsayin? k cool.

even though taeil is but a simple human, yang pretty much leaves her life in this guy's hands. that's how much trust in him. he knows everything about her and all of her secrets. in fact, he probably knows her better than she knows herself. they're like brother/sister only not really.


personality affectionate . supportive . trustworthy . quiet.


YOU ARE SURE TO WIN

THE RIVAL

name im sojin
status citizen - journalist for the seoul times
relationship ooooohhh that gosh darn, no good, unappreciative--- ok no. let's not do her like that. for starters, sojin is a journalist and she may or may not ( uh yeah she totes did )  have written an article listing the "top ten heroes seoul is better off without". like burrrn bruh. ok so fine, yang understands that sojin was only doing her job but yo she didn't have to call her out like that.

you know what else really gets on yang's nerves?

SOJIN DOESN'T EVEN SEEM TO REMEMBER YANG.


personality minjung authornim's application [ here ]






 


ONCE YOU FIND YOUR CENTER

THE NOSY STUDENT

name lim minjoo
status ⋮ citizen - student at sookmyung girls' elementary 
relationship okay, so every class ( whether you like it or not ) has that one kid that likes to her nose into everything, right? well minjoo is that one kid. lim minjoo has been yang's student for about two years now, and if there's one thing you should know about their relationship is that minjoo loves yang like a second mother. she feels her on a totally different level...almost spiritual, you know?

minjoo is pretty smart for her age, 
but there are times when minjoo can be a little bit too smart. and by too smart i mean she's all up in yang's business asking, "hey, who was that guy i saw you hanging out with in the park the other day? is he your boyfriend? do you like him? i know you don't have any brothers so he can't possibly be related to you,"

er...yeah. that kid. /cringes.


personality overly curious . dramatic . diva . pesky


 


YOU ARE SURE TO WIN

THE LONG LOST BROTHER

name yan bingwen
status ⋮ villain [ karthus ]
relationship ⋮ and you thought her older brother was dead, didn't you? well you better think again. ( for a better explanation about his backstory, and what the heck actually happened to him, read about it here )

yang first encounters her long lost brother later on in her hero career. at first, she finds it rather hard to believe that she has a psychopath for a brother and tries to stop him. it wasn't until he mentioned their tyrannical uncle that she finally believed him. needless to say, during their first encounter, bingwen nearly annihilates her if someone hadn't gotten in the way and saved her.

as cheesy as it sounds, yang believes that all bingwen needs is to know that there is someone ( aka her ) to love him. that's all she thinks he needs: love.

but is that really enough...?


personality ⋮ destructive . emotionless . sadistic

 


BE A MAN

personality traits   tenacious .  shrewd . intimidating . perceptive

relationship  i think i took your guys' note a little too seriously tbh and i ended up writing something kinda lengthy. [ here ]

outcome  if we're talking about achieving their individual goals, yes - they do succeed in getting what they want. minseok finally pushes into the big leagues of villainism and yang finally gets recognition as more than just an entertainer ( but not enough to actually be one of the big name supers ).

romance wise, i'd like for them to get together somehow. maybe have like an ultimate fight to the finish with bingwen where they shut him down once and for all. #teamexplosives ftw. but yeah, i know that this isn't a romance heavy plot so i'm not gonna push for one if it's not needed. a good friendship is fine with me.



large.jpg





love interest   kim minseok [ exo ]
backup   jeon jeongguk [ bts ] ; kim yukwon [ block b ]

villain identity  xerath
super power  molecular acceleration


HOPE SHE DOESN'T SEE RIGHT THROUGH ME

an interview with reporter and writer for the seoul times, im sojin
*please answer in first person point of view
 

is bang yongguk (plot #1's boyfriend) batman or nah? "i dunno. you seem to know everything, why don't you tell me?"

how many heroes / villains have you encountered in your life time?  "not very many. i mean, i'm still pretty new to this whole 'hero' ideal. also i don't think most villains start off conquering the world through nightclubs and little kids,"

quick! the city is under attack by an evil space alien. explain your battle plan!  "sit back and wait for the 'real' heroes to do their thing. i mean, after all, seoul can do without me, am i right?" //hardcore side-eyes//

[ villains only ] so you're about to launch your final attack on the seoul! what is it?  (make it match your power)

[ citizens only ] on a scale of 1 - 10, how done are you with the nonsense of the super heroes and villains?  (like 1 is totally not ready to let go of heroes, 10 being we should exterminate them right now)


PACK UP, GO HOME

comments/questions yuh uh i kinda got carried away with writing a majority of this yesterday because im on break and i have nothing else better to do with my life. if a reduction of my application is needed, then please don't hesitate to tell me. i'll gladly shorten it n_____n

on side note YO IM TOTALLY IN LOVE WITH THIS PLOT AND I HOPE YOU HAVE AN AWESOME SAUCE TIME WRITING THIS. i had a lot of fun filling out the application as i was able to satisfy my superhero nerd needs and im so excited when this story starts.

good luck and i hope super failures gets many applicants! ( ive been doing a bit of promotion if you dont mind lol )

scene requests ⋮ nah i don't really have anything in mind other than the whole battle thing with bingwen. but i mean, it's up to you guys. you're the authors after all and i don't know what you have in mind for plot7 other than what you've given us hoho.


YOU'RE THROUGH

password  YOU KNOW IF TIMBUKTU WASN'T A GERMAN BOY BAND I WOULD SO CLIMB IT FOR YOU GUYS IM NOT EVEN JOKING. but yeah the dancing with monkeys and signatures of your babes is a bit difficult without the magic of photoshop. sorry friends 

so without further adieu...HERE IS MY PARAGRAPH.

"yan liuyang the imitation atomic bomb is your friendly neighborhood kindergarten helper. she's a spontaneous teenager who is definitely still a child at heart. if you don't manage to get yourself on her hit list ( which mind you isn't even that scary to be on ), then yang will look after you very well. but if you get on her bad side, stay clear from the scary men in suits das all imma say."

  TURN IN APPLICATION  


  RETURN TO THE STORY