Chapter 7

Dolsot Days

Sunmi POV

It’s 3 in the morning, but I'm still wide awake.

I’m enthusiastically tapping away on my laptop, which I received in the 9th grade to help with my schoolwork. The only reason I took the laptop with me when I ran away, however, is because I had to complete my college courses online.

Otherwise it would’ve ended up in the trash like the rest of my old stuff.

Everyone at the Kim residency is so nice.

The chefs let me watch them cook dinner so I could pick up a few techniques.

Mrs. Kim just took me on a shopping spree and begged me to let her buy everything for me.

Even SPAZ, the international pop star himself, made amiable conversation with me about world cities and where his tour would take place.

Unfortunately, to every rule there must be an exception. In this case, the exception's name is Jongdae. He's been a total douche. Whenever he passes by me, he scoffs. Dinner with him was a nightmare. He kept picking at the food and going, “Sunmi didn’t make this, right?”

When his mother shook her head, he gobbled the food down.

And then at freaking midnight he leaves the house to go to some club. Jeez. Does he do anything productive in his life apart from going out and drinking every night?

Suddenly, I hear the slam of the front door. Speak of the devil; it's probably Jongdae. I roll my eyes and continue clicking around on my laptop. 

However, I start to hear soft noises getting closer and closer. This is getting really creepy…

Ignore it, Sunmi, I tell myself.

The sound of someone stumbling into the bedroom next to mine- Jongdae’s room- and then slamming the door echoes through the house. And to my horror, I can hear exactly  what’s going on through the walls.

“Oh Jongdae,” a high-pitched voice moans. “Mmm, baby-,”

“Say my name,” a low, raspy voice commands. There’s a sound of a smack and a delighted squeal.

Oh hell no.

I resist the urge to vomit.

For the love of God, he is not having with some random chick right next door.

I try to ignore the sickening slurping noises, but after repeated pounding and banging (no pun intended) noises coming from next door, I slam my laptop shut and stomp out of my room.

“Can you two keep it down?” I yell, knocking rapidly on the door.

The two of them ignore me and proceed with their lovefest.

“Screw this,” I mutter, and throw the door open. Jongdae is lying on the bed wearing nothing but his boxers while some girl… oh my god-

“CAN YOU TWO SHUT UP?” I screech, covering my eyes with my hands. Jongdae’s girl-of-the-night screams in embarrasment.

“Call me!” she gasps. “I’m leaving.” Someone sprints past me... presumably the girl.

Once the door slams shut behind me, I exhale in relief. Thank god. I’ll be sleeping in peace tonight.

“What the hell are you doing?” an angry voice growls behind me.

I whirl around and come face-to-face with Jongdae, who has a furious expression on his face. Despite my best will I feel a bit terrified. He looks way too intimidating.

I back away nervously, but I hit the wall and I can’t escape.

Shoot. I’m trapped between drywall and a very angry Jongdae.

“Okay, look. I can’t concentrate if you’re… doing it with a girl right next to my room!” I exclaim.

Jongdae smirks. “Doing what?”

“You know what,” I snap, reddening.

He lowers his head down, so that his lips are steadily approaching mine. I can feel the warmth of his breath-

“What are you doing?” I stammer, twisting my face away.

“You’re such an amateur,” he chuckles. “You can’t even say the word ‘’. Poor girl. You’ve been sheltered all your life, haven’t you?”

“At least I’m not some trashy rich kid who goes through women like disposable tissues,” I retaliate, my eyes narrowed. “You are so shallow. The only thing on your mind is , partying, and drinking. You don’t have a single bit of decency in you.”

The smile disappears from Jongdae’s face. “What would you know about my life?” he growls. “Stop trying to act like you can gauge my personality from the 2 days we've known each other."

"Oh really?" I scoff. "What have you done except go clubbing and be obnoxious? Are you trying to say that you're some 'deep-layered' guy who's just 'misunderstood'? You're not fooling anyone-," Jongdae slams his hand right next to my face. I quickly cut myself off. 

"Out of all the people I have met, there has never been anyone who has made me this mad," Jongdae hisses, sticking his face right in front of mine. "You think I have it so easy, with a rich and famous dad? You have no idea what I've been through. So don't try and act like you have me all figured out."  

His voice is shaking. 

My gaze has turned from one of hatred to one of slight concern. 

Jongdae's words are harsh, but his eyes tell me a different story. One that I know way too well. 

He's trapped. 


i am a really awkward person

ANYWAY KIDDOS I NEED YOUR HELP! So SPAZ is going on his "world tour", so it would be really cool if you could comment your city/a city you like, and I could write that in! :D