Chapter 10

Dolsot Days

Sunmi POV

The smell of an unpleasant odor wafts up into my nose. Groaning, I flop over onto my stomach to try to block the stench. No use. Ugh, it smells like…

I shoot up. It smells like something burning!

I scramble out of bed- wait, when did I get into my own bed?- and dash to the source of the smell- the kitchen at the front of our suite. Jongdae is standing over a burning pot, coughing and vigorously flapping his arms in an attempt to blow away the thick black smoke that is steaming up from the vessel.

I hurriedly sprint over to the small nook behind the kitchen and grab the fire extinguisher that is tucked next to the folded ironing board. Racing back to the stove, I pull the trigger and open the extinguisher. White foam flies everywhere, thoroughly drenching the fire and Jongdae.

“Jongdae-sshi, what were you doing?” I ask coldly.

He sheepishly runs a hand through his hair and looks down at his feet. “I... well, I tried to make you dinner. Not because I'm sorry for what I said or anything, but because...," Jongdae looks up at me and sighs. "Okay, I'm sorry." 

I exhale slowly, shaking my head. “What did you try to make?”

“Um. Ramen.” Jongdae scratches his hair.

“You messed up ramen?” I can't help but snicker. “Good job.”

“Is that a snarky tone I detect?” he scoffs in mock-anger. “How dare you talk that way to your master.”

“Master?! What do you think I am, a maid? I’m the chef, idiot." I throw Jongdae a cheeky grin and add, "I’ll only call you master in your wet dreams.” His mouth drops.

“HEY!” he yells, and I giggle as he tries to chase me around the sofa. 

 


 

Jongdae POV

I still feel a twinge of guilt about what I said to Sunmi this afternoon, but I don't think she's super mad at me anymore. After the both of us cleaned the kitchen (I wanted to just call maid service but Sunmi insisted that we clean it ourselves) and Sunmi made an actual dinner for me, she went back to her room to watch TV. On the other hand, I ended up going outside and relaxing in the Jacuzzi on the balcony of our suite.

The occasional cool breeze, the view of Tokyo’s nightscape, the pleasant warmth of the hot tub… they all complement each other perfectly. I take a deep breath and revel in the moment of bliss. 

I still dislike Sunmi. She’s annoying and I still think she shouldn’t be working for us…

Wait.

Actually, in a way, I’m glad she’s here. Sunmi , but a world without Sunmi would even more. I don't want her to go back to her home and be driven to depression again. 

I exhale and sink down farther into the tub. The both of us really aren’t very different. Her story made me think back to a time in the past when I had a dream that I wanted to work towards. But that was a long time ago. Before I stopped caring completely about my life and what I did with it. 

I hear the balcony door open.

“Jongdae-sshi, you should come back inside. It’s late.” Sunmi murmurs softly. I don’t reply. “Jongdae-sshi.” Sunmi’s voice becomes more persistent.

Without turning around to face her I say, "Come in." 

"What?" 

“Get in the Jacuzzi. It feels nice.”

“Wha-,” I can just imagine how red her face is right now. “I can’t do that! Being in the hot tub with you… is against protocol! You’re my boss and-,”

“Yeah, I’m your boss. And I can tell you to do whatever I want. I can either ask you nicely or I can tell my parents that you're not following orders. Your choice.”

After a few seconds I hear her mutter, "You jerk." She stomps away and slams the door shut. 

I don’t know why I’m doing this. Maybe I just want company. Maybe I’m lonely. Putting on a façade of being independent is impressive, but after a while being alone all the time gets to you.

And Sunmi’s a kindred soul. She’s being through similar experiences as me, despite our class difference.

The balcony door opens again, after a few minutes. Sunmi walks outside in a simple black tankini, her hair twisted up into a bun. MY eyes widen before I quickly catch myself.

She’s not wearing a y bikini but she looks… pretty. I never noticed her attractive figure under those simple t-shirts she wears all the time. The blue spa lights on the sides of the Jacuzzi illuminate her face, highlighting her delicate features. 

9 out of 10. If only she had the personality and status to match. 

Without meeting my eyes, Sunmi walks over to the Jacuzzi and slowly lowers herself in. “Aaaahh,” she exhales, her previously embarrased expression dissolving. She closes her eyes in pleasure. “This feels so good.”

I smirk. “I told you so.”

“That doesn’t change that fact that you practically forced me in here,” she sniffs. I roll my eyes. There's that personality again. She can't admit that I'm right for once. 

Oh Sunmi.


A/N: Am I spending too much time on Tokyo? Oh well. This shall be continued in the next chapter~