Chapter 12

Dolsot Days

Kim Jongdae wants to kill me, I swear.

He wants to stay in a hotel room with me? Why?

As soon as we arrive at the Park Hyatt Beijing, the hotel we'll be staying at, I grab the key card from me. “Park Suite King,” I read off the card, my eyebrows shooting up. “Sounds fancy.”

And it is. The place has everything from a deluxe espresso machine to a marble bath to flat screen TVs. I walk in openmouthed, rolling my suitcase along behind me. I swear, every one of the places we’ve gone to so far looks like a sight out of a fairytale. It must’ve cost a fortune to pay for this place...

But I have to say, it’s totally worth it (although I’m in no position to speak; I’m not paying).

I head to SPAZ and his wife’s suite to ask them what they would like for dinner, and they inform me that they’re going out to some traditional Chinese restaurant of their friend’s to eat. “Just make Jongdae something, please,” Mrs. Kim smiles. “We’ll call you if we need anything!”

“Alright!” I bow and exit the suite.

When I head back to the suite, Jongdae is screwing around with one of the TVs. “What are we having for dinner?” he asks.

“Your parents said they were going out to eat, so you choose.”

“Why’d the hire a chef if they’re not going to use her services?” he mutters. “But hey, at least I get to have you all to myself.” He throws me a cheesy grin and I almost vomit.

“Whatever. I’m going to go take a shower.” I grab a few clothes from my suitcase and am about to head to the bathroom when Jongdae says, “You should probably check out your room.”

I turn to him. “Why, is it really nice?”

“You could say that,” he smirks. Jongdae has a sneaky look on his face that I don’t trust at all. Warily walking past the sitting room and small mini-kitchen, I come to a beautiful, spacious room, equipped with wall-to-wall windows, modern lamps, a flat screen TV…. and two beds.

Wait a minute. Two beds.

Running out of the room, I search the entire suite for another bedroom. All I find is the bathroom and some work area.

“Please don’t tell me we’re sleeping in the same room,” I groan. “Please, please let there be another bedroom or something where he’s staying in.”

“Have you discovered it?” Jongdae asks in a sing-songy voice. “We’re roomies. Isn’t this great?”

“Great, my . I’m sleeping on the couch.” Dang it.

While I'm making spaghetti carbonara for dinner, I feel someone come up behind me and wrap an arm around my waist. "Looks good," Jongdae murmurs.

"Get away!" I shriek, trying to push him away from me, but he keeps a firm hold on my body.

"But I'd rather have a taste of you," he chuckles. And that's when I slam my fist into his face.

What is wrong with him? Can't Jongdae refrain from making his lewd ual comments? It's ridiculous, annoying, and just plain creepy!

"OW!" Jongdae inhales sharply, rubbing his face. "God, can't you learn to take a joke? Calm down, there's absolutely no way I would try to do anything to you. I have standards.

"And I'm happy I don't fit those standards." I throw him a scathing look and then turn back to my pasta. Great, I overcooked it. "Thanks a lot, Jongdae."

 


That night, I stay up really late working on my English literature coursework. I’ve fallen behind on my lessons and I desperately need to catch up. The hours tick by, 1 o’clock, 2 o’clock, 3 o’clock. Yawning, I struggle to keep concentrating. Animal Farm is a satirical work, I read, the words blurring. It was written by George Orwell-

“Sunmi? What are you doing?” a voice asks from behind me. It’s Jongdae, staring at me sleepily. His hair is ruffled up and for some reason, it looks kind of y. No, Sunmi, what are you saying?! God, the sleep must be getting to you.

“I’m studying,” I reply. “Sorry, I’ll dim the light if it’s disturbing you-,”

“Go to bed.” Jongdae commands. “You can’t study if your tired. Your brain has trouble retaining the information.”

“But…,” I trail off as Jongdae takes my hand and pulls me up.

“Sleep. We have a big day ahead of us,” he murmurs, snaking an arm around my waist and supporting me to the bedroom.

“I’m sleeping on the couch,” I protest weakly, but he ignores me and hoists me up onto the bed. My face turns a light shade of pink as he tucks me into the soft downy covers and my hair. “Thank you,” I murmur.

“Don’t do that again,” he sighs, and then walks over to his bed. “Good night, Sunmi.”

“Good night, Jongdae. And… thank you.”

 


A/N: Sorry for the late update. I have a problem: I've lost pretty much all inspiration for this story D: I have a really good story idea that I've written out and everything, but I don't want to abandon this story... oh, the choices...