Chapter 43- Preparation

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Though I  was not feeling it physically, mentally I felt as if I would be sporting a headache any minute. A headache that would be so bad that I could just lie down and sleep to let it pass. He's been pacing like crazy for the past hour or so. I don't know the exact reason as to why he asked me to come over but I am more than sure I actually regret for doing so. It is so early in the morning and the last thing I need is an irritating way to welcome me when I barely slept.

"For the love of God Minho! Stop pacing back and forth.. You've been at it for almost an hour. Why did you even call me over? It's so early in the morning. Heck, I even dared to leave Amber behind with Jonghyun hyung and his friend over at my apartment."

"You have to understand me dude. This morning Jinri was acting weird. She looked pale and she wasn't talking to me. I  don't know why. The only time she talked to me was she said to wait here because she'll tell me something. That was this morning. I had to call you. I don't like this feeling. What if she decides to separate? I wouldn't want that! I already told her I am willing to take the risk of being with her."

"You're just psyching yourself out. What if she's just thinking of something but not necessarily about what you're thinking. Come on, Minho. She's been with you for far too long for it to even happen. My sister is not like that."

Minho finally sat down after I prayed for it to happen. Just then, we heard footsteps coming from the stairs. We both faced towards that direction. It was Sulli. She was coming down and I noticed the nervous look on Minho's face as he looked at her. What intrigued me was Sulli's actions. She was fumbling with the hem of her shirt and was slightly biting her lip. It feels as if she was about to say something but doesn't have the enough courage to spit it out.

"Oppa, please remain seated."

She sat at the chair just beside Minho while I observed the two. "Jinri, is something wrong?" Minho was practically on the verge of tears which made me want to laugh. "Please, Jinri.. Tell me, have I done something wrong?" 
My sister breathed in a heavy breath and laid out something on the coffee table that was at the center of the room. I bent over to look closer and my eyes widened with what I saw. I jumped out of my seat and sprang my sister up in the air while our laughters filled the room.

"Is this for real? Ahaha." I asked her. She only nodded.

"Wait, what? What's going on?" Minho questioned. I laughed while Sulli giggled and pointed at the table. "Look at it."

"I've seen it. A white ballpen that has two stripes. What about it?"

"Oppa, pabo! That's not a ballpen. It's a pregnancy test kit. Two stripes mean a positive."

"Po...sitive?" Minho mouthed. It was a tad bit too late when he realized what Sulli was trying to say. He sprang from his seat and attacked my sister with a hug. He was laughing and crying at the same time. I burst out in laughter remembering how he looked about two minutes ago. He was so worried that my sister will break it off with him. Little did we know that she will just say she's pregnant.

"Does that mean? I mean?"

"Ung. We're going to be a family oppa. I had a feeling I was pregnant when I missed my period last month but I wanted to make sure. My medicine tends to do that. When I missed it again this month and I started to feel nauseous these past few mornings, I decided to finally check. And there it is! I am pregnant.."

They gave themselves a hug while I smiled with what I was seeing. I wasn't all too worried that Amber is not with me. Jonghyun hyung came in early in the morning without me noticing. She would be safe in his hands, I am sure of it. What mattered right now was that my sister is actually pregnant and happy. Minho is like a little boy that received the best gift in the world and here I am proud to know that I will be an uncle. Even with how blurred our future is, I am happy to know that there is a hint of happiness that the world is bestowing upon us.

"When did this happen? Last time I checked, you were so scared to let Minho touch you." I mocked.

"Shut up, oppa! My life is none of your business. Hell, I bet you and Amber have been at it ever since she was at your side!"

I was a bit flustered. "No! We just..."

"Blah blah blah!! I don't want to hear it."

"Anyway, congratulations to both of you. But I really need to get going.. Amber is at my apartment. Even though Jonghyun hyung is there, I just want to make sure that I am with her. I will leave for Daegu tomorrow. Eunji is still at their hands and we have to save her. I don't know what's waiting for us but we got some help. I'll be calling you the first thing we leave tomorrow."

"Allow me to help, Key. I can.."

I shook my head. " We can't and don't want to involve any more people in this. Especially the police and you. I need you to remain by Sulli's side no matter what. I need you to protect her just like how you promised me when you told me you're going to marry her. I need to be assured that she'll be safe especially now that she's pregnant."

"I understand."

I made my way towards the door but soon felt someone tugging on my arm. It was Sulli. She hugged me and whispered into my ear. I felt in her voice that she was holding in her tears but I was thankful that she finally tried to understand my situation with Amber. I haven't told her that somehow Amber and I are officially back together but nonetheless, she has given us her support. She just warned me to keep my guard up and that she wishes for my safety. I kissed her cheek and forehead before finally bidding goodbye.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He came to see me just the other day. He arrived earlier than expected and I was surprised that he invited me out for lunch. I haven't seen him for a long time and I must say that I missed him. He surprised me at home. He literally knocked on our front door while I was still in my pajamas. It was rather embarrassing for him to see me like that but his smile was more than enough for me to not get angry at him. 

I cradled my hand around his arm as we walked along the streets of Gangnam. Numerous articles about a famous and upcoming designer in the fashion world is dating a daughter of a fashion label distributor came out and are coming out. He has been interviewed by several magazines about it. He hasn't really answered them nor did he deny anything. I questioned him as to why he doesn't give a clear answer only to have him say that it adds to the mystery.

"Donghae oppa, you could've called me that you're coming over this morning. That way, I could've at least prepared myself and make myself look presentable to you."

"I purposely decided not to call you. I wanted to surprise you. I've been out of the country so often that I barely get the chance to see you. Besides, I've been feeling really lonely lately. Hana deciced to take a break from our job. She's going from place to place and has decided to come back by the second week of November."

"Really? I didn't know that. Now that I think about, she hasn't called me for quite some time now. Well, roaming fees tend to get really expensive. Maybe that's why she hasn't called me that much. Where is she?"

"Last time we talked she was in Brazil, if I remember correctly. I am feeling a tad bit jealous but I gotta give it to her. She has worked really hard these past few months we've been working on the collection."

We soon headed to a restaurant that was near the area. I can feel the stares people were giving us. I wasn't exactly a person in the limelight. I work behind the scenes of fashion. Donghae oppa is entirely different. He is an object under the public eye. He is observed from now and then especially when he is labelled by several magazines as the Bachelor of the Year. We ate and I can say it was a rather romantic lunch date. He even kissed my hand. It made me feel bashful. He then dragged me out of the restaurant and he called on a cab to drop us off at Hangang. The winds have turned chilly but today was unusually warm and sunny. It was the perfect weather to stroll around.

"Why take a cab when you brought your car?"

"I don't know, for fun, I guess?" He let out an aired laugh which I found intriguing. I asked him if something was wrong and whether or not he wanted to say anything. Instead of replying, he made both of us stop walking and he faced me. He held my hand as he slid his hand on my hair. I noticed that he was slowly averting my stare whenever I tried looking him directly into the eyes.

"Oppa, is something bothering you?"

"Okay.. Krystal, I know when this whole relationship thing of ours started, it was all a blur and unclear. I didn't ask for any form of commitment and you didn't demand anything from me either. I am not sure if you still have feelings for that Key guy but now, I ask of you, please give me the chance to prove to you that my feelings are nothing but genuine. Be my girlfriend, Krystal. Please?"

I was speechless. I only showed surprise on my face. A proposal from him was least of the things I was expecting. He looked lovingly into my eyes as if waiting for an answer. It would be a lie if I told to myself that I don't harbor any feelings for him. We've been going out and he's been a real gentleman. He has treated me with respect. But then again, can I surely say that I don't like Key anymore? I haven't seen him in a long time for me to be actually certain about it. Let alone, the guy I met at the hotel, Kai, he has been in my mind ever since "that" happened.

"I guess I was rushing it too much.. If..."

"No! It's not that. I was just surprised. I... I'd like to be your girlfriend." He smiled from ear to ear and hugged me. Soon, the kiss I expected he would give happened. It was our very first kiss. It felt different when Kai was kissing me the other day. Kai's was sloppy but passionate. This was sweet and gentle. It stirs me inside in a very different way. My emotions are like a big jjampong right now and I am confused but I do want to be with Donghae oppa. Call me whatever you like for feeling and acting this way but Donghae oppa is the best man for me. That I am certain about.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I rushed on my way home. I was lucky that there was barely any traffic. My steps were quick and I took the elevator instead of taking the stairs; something I usually do. My restlessness was put at ease when I saw that Amber was doing fine when I arrived. Joonyoun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter