Chapter 33- She

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I missed the remainder of our little movie-worthy rescue of Sulli. It wasn't all too clear to me what happened after but I do remember that I fell on my bottom when I handed Sulli over to Minho. After that, I tried to stand up but I out. It was the last thing I remembered. I looked around and found myself to be inside a somewhat cramped room. I slept on a bunk bed, occupying the bottom space, which was really small. There was a small desk about three feet from where I am and a turned off desk lamp. There was a small window on top of the desk. There was light and voices coming from the other side. I stretched my arms and tucked in my shirt and proceeded to open the door. I was surprised to find out that I've slept in the police station.

I looked around and I saw Krystal talking to some police officers and a guy. He was a little shorter than I am but his complexion is really good. He had jet black hair that contrasted very well with his skin emphasizing how it good it was even more. He had a nice stature and he appeared to be very smart. I mean, I can only guess but considering that he appears to be wearing really expensive clothing, I think I can safely assume that he is well off and successful for finishing with a good degree. As I was staring, I notice Krystal looked my way and waved.

"Key oppa!"

I raised my hand in response. She on the other called me to join the conversation.

"Key oppa.. This is Joonmyeon oppa. He is the friend I was referring to that has connections to the police. He is the one I called on earlier to hasten the help. He's a son of a former chief of the police. He currently works as a superintendent for Gangnam district here in Seoul."

"You didn't have to lay it out like that Soojung. It made me sound like a brat who arrived in the police force because of connections.."

"Ani. It's okay. Nice to meet you, Joonmyeon? Did I say it correctly? In behalf of Krystal and Minho, I'd like to apologize for our calling out of the blue so suddenly. It was just that an emergency happened and I can't bear to let time elapse."

"I am aware. Soojung here called me early on about what happened. I am glad to be able to provide some help. Actually, I think it was good that we helped you. We were finally able to catch Kim Jaejoong. We've been trying to get him for several months now. He's a notorious but is more of a masochist. He likes to make his victims suffer and eventually them. He doesn't kill them but ends up scarring them for life. We were lucky enough to get to him. To be honest, you shot him quite well. You landed the bullet just beside his shoulder. Deep enough to injure and immobilize him but shallow enough to keep him alive."

"Shot?"

"Yeah.. You had a gun right? We were able to match the bullet signature to the gun you had. But you know, I was cautious so I made sure to check if your gun is registered. And it is! Aha. Scared you there, didn't I? I'll let it pass for now that you didn't wait for our police force to assist you but I won't let it happen again. If it does, I may file charges against you."

We shook hands and he left. Krystal went with him. I trembled with what he said. No, it was not the whole filing of charges thing nor how the gun was legally registered under my name but it was more on what he told me about the suspect. Just imagining what could've happened to my sister if we arrived a little later. She will just be scarred all over again.  She will just be in pain again. I wouldn't be able to handle it, knowing I wasn't able to do anything. Also, she'll just torment herself if ever it did happen.

"Oppa. Sulli has been brought to the hospital. I talked to Minho oppa over the phone a few minutes ago and he said that the doctors opted to not let anyone in her room for a while. They put her under sleeping meds for now. You can visit tomorrow. Minho oppa said he will stay for the night and guard on her."

"I appreciate all the help Krystal. To be honest, we wouldn't have found Sulli if it wasn't for you and your friend."

All that she gave me was a curt smile. I bowed and decided to head home to my apartment. It was almost 10pm when I arrived. I haven't had a proper meal the entire day yet I here I am choosing two cans of beer to keep me company. The situation with Sulli is keeping me bothered. Call me paranoid but sometimes I imagine she's just being taken again. Let alone, the whole fiasco with Amber is not helping. I technically ditched her and I'm worrying whether or not she'll hate me for what I did. I took a big gulp and after finishing one and a half cans, I headed for my room. I already informed Woohyun and Hyorin that I will agree with whateve decision the two of them will agree upon. I need rest. I'm tired; physically, mentally and emotionally. I need sleep. It's the only friend I can run to as of now to ease me from everything.

-----------

It's not the most ideal situation I pictured myself in. Nope.. No matter how I look at it, it just isn't. Here I am mentally strangling myself for getting myself into a really, really tight situation. I had always been more of a free spirit. I never liked anyone dictating my actions yet here I am tying myself to Kibum and his problems.

I know a lot of you were confused how come I started to act all chummy towards  him. I suppose he has given an explanation but I bet it is rather illogical. You see, Key and I are cousins. Seeing that we have the same last names, it would be more than obvious that my father is related to his father. The work of our dads constantly brought us together. I was a year older than him and everyone in the family adored me. I was called the Golden Boy for being good in so many things. Then, he came along. He took the title from me and we started to have this unwritten rivalry between us. No, there was no verbal agreement nor a treaty between us. It just happened. When we lost contact, no one else was able to match his level to  be called my rival.
What even surprised me is how we circumstantially met through Amber. I myself was surprised but somehow the thrill of knowing we were also rivals on the same girl somehow excited me. Eventually, I lost and it is the only battle I admit defeat.

Jinri is a whole different story. When I was supposed to fetch Amber and found out she worked in a bar that Key and Jinri managed, I felt happy to see Jinri alive and well. She was too young to remember me but I adored her. She treated me like a real older brother and I fell in love with her charm. She'd always been a dongsaeng I wanted to protect. That was the sole reason why I helped Key. The rivalry is again a different story.

Soon enough, Jonghyun's phone started ringing. "Yeobosaeyo? Are you sure about this? All right. I understand.."

I took my jacket, a pair of shades and a cap. I grabbed my keys from my side table and headed outside.  I need to go to the hospital and check the situation with Jinri and Kibum. There are some things that I found out and based upon those, I am more than sure the situation is only bound get only uglier from here.

"Aigoo, Jonghyun.. What have you gotten yourself into."

-----------

I arrived a little past 10:00am and Minho was still outside the room. It appears that Sulli was still sleeping. It was a clear instruction from the doctors that no one should be allowed to enter Sulli's room unless they were able to check her stability. She had minor physical injuries; an abrasion on her cheek, some abrasions on her arms and wrists and some significant swelling on her right wrist. It was most probably caused by being held too tightly by the rope. But other than that, they were more worried for her psychological stability. The doctors were able to trace her records when she enrolled herself in a facility for those suffering bipolar disorder and manic depression. Now that they are aware of her past condition, they are worried that it might have returned because of the extreme trauma she experienced for the past three days.

Krystal informed me that they checked on her s. We were relieved to find out that she hasn't been touched by Jaejoong in any way. There was no forced entry nor any seminal residues on her when she was brought to the hospital. Minho is another story on this matter. I know he is dead worried. It's more than obvious that he hasn't slept since last night. His bloodshot eyes somehow gave it away. He'd been crying. To be honest, I hold him liable for what happened up to a certain degree but I know he's been killing himself for what happened. I didn't need to rub it in his face even more. 

It was almost 11:00am and the doctors and both Amber and her brother, Donghae arrived near the room. Amber went over to my side and told me she heard it from Krystal. She also said that her brother came just to drop her off and apparently she was saying the truth. By the time we ended our short talk, Donghae was gone.

We all turned our attention back to the doctors who entered Sulli's room. Krystal arrived a few minutes after. "Any news about Sulli? What did the doctors say?" She asked. Minho only shook his head in response. I tried to look that I was keeping my cool but in all honesty, I was really freaking out inside. I was going crazy. The fate of my sister and what could happen to her can be determined just by the words of professionals looking after her. I know I was able to manage her condition before but I believe this situation is entirely different. 

After what felt like forever, the doctors went out of Sulli's room. They gave us a faint smile and we felt baggage being lifted off of our shoulders. She was going to be okay. I was jumping inside knowing that my worst fears didn't come true for her.

"She's okay for now but she still needs to stay in the hospital for one more week so that we can monitor her stability. She didn't sustain any major injuries but we just want to make sure that she'll be 100% well when we release her. The trauma she underwent in just three days is no joke."

"We understand. Thank you Dr. Park, Dr. Lee."

Minho and I gave full 90 degree bows to the doctors and quickly headed inside Sulli's room. Amber and Krystal followed. She looks a tad better than I imagined. She had a few bandages but that was the extent of it. She was looking at us. She was just staring at us. The only motion we got from her was when she tilted her head and spoke. What she said definitely surprised all of us.."Amber unnie? Is that you?"

I felt my stomach drop. Did she just call Amber by her name? Sulli is well aware that Amber doesn't remember me nor her name so now I was in a state of panic yet again. I need to control the situation or it might ruin everything.

"Ehh?" Amber replied. Minho spoke. "I think she's referring to you?"

"Amber eonni, hey.. Come over here."

"I'm sorry but.."

I stopped her from saying it as I mouthed a please. Confusion is the least of the things Sulli needs right now. I don't know what is going on but Sulli seems to forget that Amber is not Amber. I mean, she's Hana, right? I am sure Sulli was there during the fashion show. She should know. As I begged Amber to not say anything, she headed to go towards my sister's side. Sulli just gave her a bright smile while Amber only replied with a confused one. Minho then stood and reached for Sulli's hand.

"Jinri-yah.."

To all of our surprise, Sulli withdrew her hand and stared at Minho intensely. Okay, this is getting all too confusing. Sulli's breathing started to get heavy as she held her hand even closer to her body. Minho called

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter