Chapter 11- Unwanted

Missing You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I am the child that never did anything right. I am the child that is always at fault. I am the child that they never see. I am the child that they never understand. I am the child that they never listen to. I am the child that will forever live in the shadows. These statements are the statements I keep to myself. These are the words that always resonate in my head. These are the words I've learned to live with. These are the words that define who I am.

Here I am, fixing my hair, putting on make-up, trying to look perfect and polished. I am given the luxury, the money, the goods but beneath all that, I want something else. Something that can't be bought by money. Something that wil complete me.

"Mistress Soojung, your car is ready.."

"Thank Sonyeo, I'll be down in a bit."

It was like any other day. Sleep, wake up, eat breakfast, bathe and dress up. It's a typical morning. It's been like this for the past five years. The way that I have coped, adjusted and moved on with my life as if nothing happened is something remarkable in itself. It's not easy to surpass the things I've experienced. It's not easy to one day, your life was messed up and then step out into the world yet again in another. 

It was another school day. A few more years into this and I can finally get out off a hellhole. I can finally try to make a name for myself.

"What's up Krystal!"

"Ohh, hey Amber..What's up?"

Amber, my dear friend Amber.. She's one of the most real people I know. She has no inhibitions towards me which is why I like her a lot. Never did I get the vibe that she became friends with me because of what I am and what my name brings but because of who I truly am. In fact, I treat her more of a sister than just a mere close friend.

"I've got to tell you something.."

"What's it about?"

"It's... It's about Jonghyun."

"You over him? Found someone new?" I inquired. She only shook her head. "What?"

"You see, well.. Jonghyun and I, we're like official now.."

My eyes widened in surprise. What official? "Woah, woah.. Like official, official? Like boyfriend, girlfriend for real? Not just, you know? buddies and stuff like that?" I said in such a high tone. She only nodded her head. 

"Wow.." 

"What's with the reaction, Krys?"

"I don't know. I mean, I'm happy for you but.. I was just surprised. I mean, it was quite sudden? One day, you told me you are trying to break free from him and now.. I support you in any decision Ambs. But I do want you happy.."

"I am happy.. I do feel happy. I've liked him for the longest time and it's like a dream come true.."

"It sounds to me as if you're not the one who is all too thrilled in the progression of your relationship?"

"I am! It's just that it only happened a few days ago so maybe it hasn't sunk in yet.."

"Okay. Anyways, whatever happens Amber, I'll always be here, okay?"

She's precious to me. I only want her happiness. I only want what's best for her. I just wish that things would work out for the two of them. I am not to dictate her decisions. I am here to support the choices she makes.

-------------

The day pretty much went by like any ordinary class day. Well, besides of being occupied in my head as to how I can finish three designs of clothes, the company requires me to submit a list of at least 20 brands I can recommend that they can bring into the country. It may seem easy, but they have set a specific set of guidelines like the pricing, performance of the stores, the designs of course and the like. 

"Krystal, do we have any upcoming exams besides the need of the plates?" She didn't answer.

"Yoh, Krys?!"

"Yeah?"

"Nevermind.. You, okay?"

"Yeah.. I'm fine."

The bell soon rang and I went out with Krystal to head home. She always has her car with her while I always head to the bus station. Though, I was quite in a hurry today since Key and Sulli went out of their way to fetch me and said the three of us should go out for dinner. They said, we need our own little form of RnR. 

"Eonni!"

"Sulli-ah!" 

I gave Sulli a hug. Krystal was right behind me, not yet heading to her car.

"You guys headed somewhere?" Krystal asked. I said that we planned to have dinner.

"Can I join you guys? My treat.."

"Really?" Sulli shrieked with much delight. Key on the other hand pinched his sister, as if saying what was she saying was wrong. 

"I mean, I tink it would be okay, but."

"We don't mind at all!" Sulli butted in.

"Okay, come on. Let's go to my car.."

Krystal lead the way while Sulli followed closely behind. Key and I were right behind them. He shook his head as we walked along. I can only giggle with the things that were happening. I think it would be healthy for Sulli to be able to socialize and get friends besides me and that guy I saw her with. I mean, even if she was suffering from post traumatic stress, a fun and bright support system is what she needs.

We drove along inside Krystal's car. It was a van type; wide, spacious and can accomodate a large amount of people. We went along the streets of Seoul and later on, we dropped off at a local restaurant in a street not far from where we lived. We parked and headed for the entrance. I've never seen the restaurant before. Neither did Key. We took our seats and Krystal said we can order anything we like.

"Krystal, I believe you've met Key. This one here is his sister, Sulli." Sulli did her little wave and smile. Krystal smiled in return.

"Are you Amber eonni's classmate? Does that mean, you're also an eonni?"

"Ohh, no. Amber is also older than me. I don't call her eonni but she's 2 years older.."

"2 years? Woah.. Then that means we are of the same age? Woah.. I'm glad to meet someone as the same age as I am.."

"That's great.."

Krystal curtly smiled. Not long after, our order arrived and we digged in to what was there. We had samgyetang, ddeokkalbi, ddeokboki, kimpab, bibimbap and all the side dishes that the restaurant can offer. We were enjoying our food very much while Krystal on the other was barely touching her food. She's been like that the entire day.

"Ayo, Krystal.. You feeling okay?"

It took her a good three minutes to even say a word. "You guys, busy tomorrow?" Okay, she got our attention.

"Why Krys?"

"We have this party at home. I was wondering if you guys wanted to come.. They said to invite guests and all. So, I can invite you guys under my name.. What do you say?"

"I'm not really sure.. We have work." Key replied.

"It's just one night? Please?"

"Yes, oppa.. Please?" Sulli pleaded. Key just can't resist his sister. He obliged to his sister's wishes while I, on the other hand could really go either way. We finished and Krystal did pay for everything. We then headed our separate ways since we said that we live nearby. Krystal was looking forward to our presence at the party tomorrow.

Key suddenly flicked Sulli's forehead. "Yah! What's up with you? You sure you want to go to that party? Eh?"

"Yah, oppa. Stop it! She seems nice. We'll be fine.."

We headed home, thinking and looking forward about tomorrow. 

-----

After dinner, we went to the bar and worked like any other night. Key would play the piano while Sulli and I would serve the customers, us taking turns in cleaning up the tables. We closed by 11pm and called it a night.
Late night, Key and I were at the living room. He was on the piano while I was on the couch, drinking a cup of coffee.

"You're not game for the dinner tomorrow aren't you?"

"You know how unstable Sulli can be and we're not the type to socialize too muc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter