1: Cinderella Man

Reversed Cendrillon [HIATUS]

CHAPTER 1: Cinderella Man

_______________
 
He woke up with the beeping sounds of his alarm clock.
 
He yawned and stretched his body. He sat up on his bed and looked at the calendar on the wall.
It read June 14, 2013. A sigh escaped from his mouth.
“Time for first year of high school.” He muttered to himself.
The latter stood up and wore his slippers. He placed his hoodie on. It was his habit to wear his hoodie when waking up.
Pans and other utensils were flying around the apartment's tiny kitchen. Well not really flying.
 
Oh jeez this boy isn't Harry Potter. No magic, no owls. But he did have the same life as him. No parents.
 
/flashback/
 
He just woke up one day in front of the adoption house's steps.
 
It was a rainy night then and he was just 5 years old so without a choice, he went inside. On his first days at the center, he was rather warmly welcomed by the people there. The people in charge of the center weren't even surprised that a child will be just dropped there in front of their steps.
They would thought what parents did these children have to heartlessly leave them?
 
Days, months, years were passing by.
 
The children at the adoption center come and go. With every celebration and candles on the cake to blow, he was now 11. And on his 12th birthday, someone adopted him.
 
“Come here, someone would like to see you.” Mrs Jung, the president of the adoption center said to the boy.
 
With all the documents and important papers scattered on the desk, he knew he'll be adopted. He knew that he will have a true family that will care for him. He tried to not get easily attached with people. He thought that they will always leave him like his family. Well he is in an adoption center after all.
 
He did dreamed of a family that will adopt him. When Mrs Jung said to him that he will be adopted soon, a smile spread on his face. He was close to tears and hugged Mrs Jung.
“Be nice okay? Well I know you are anyways.” Mrs Jung ruffled the boys hair as he stared at him.
This was the boy who she raised for 7 years and apparently, got attached to her. Mrs Jung was the one who opened the adoption center's door for him. This was the boy who didn't know why he was left by his family.
The first conversation he and the boy had was “Where is your family? Do you remember them?”
The boy just shook his head while water sprinkled everywhere.
 
At that moment, Mrs Jung just knew she have to take care of him.
 
He moved to his new family.
 
The Soos. (like Soo) He was shocked to see their house. Not what he expected. It was a rundown bungalow. Mr. Soo opened the house and smiled to the boy. Not a good smile. But the smile is like Joker's from what he watched from a movie called Batman when he was at the center. He cringed at the thought and shook his head. *No this will be a new family.*
 
He was all wrong.
 
This wasn't the family he dreamt of. He was now 16 and the cruelty of his step dad and step brothers were piling up. They made him as their slave. Buying cigarettes, or maybe even drugs for their own pleasure. One time he found himself a part time job and he was payed good money because he's a good worker. An employee for the whole 12 months you can say that. But his step family will just get his money. Then there was this time that they left him with a huge debt. He shouldered all of it by paying them off with his multiple part time jobs. With his hardships, he did find some friends. And they were a ray of hope for him.
 
/end of flashback/
 
He was interrupted from his thoughts when he smelled something burning.
“AISH I FORGOT THE FOOD!!!!” He screamed in disappointment as he placed the burnt food on the sink. He glanced at the clock to see the time 6:30 am. He just stood there for five seconds just staring at the time. Then sprinted to the bathroom. With 30 minutes, he was all squeaky clean and fresh. And he was like Flash. He was dressed in no time with his usual clothes.
*Good thing that the school has like the wear-your-own-dresscode thing. No time for breakfast!* He thought to himself.
He grabbed the handle of his refrigerator and yanked it open. He grabbed a bag of yanggaeng inside.
 
 
He then grabbed his I.D. sitting at the top of his desk and it read
 
Mapo District High School
Class 1-E
Choi Seung Hyun
 
____________________
 
weeee first chapter! is it too long or short orz and sorry for a bit of angst there at the flashback but lol curious at some details like how did he end up like that? hehehe find out at future chapters and I /might/ double update~ 
•kkrnch•