Chapter 5

Rooftop Romance

 

Eunji
 
My feet just kept running and running, looking up at him, who was panting also. The two guys noticed and started chasing after us. 
 
His grip on my wrist was unbreakable, as we ran down a maze of alleys. As we entered a cornered alley, he released my arm and pulled my waist in, trapping me between the wall and his body. He held his index finger to his lips and leaned forward even closer, peeking out to look for the two guys. 
 
After about 10 minutes, he released and then put his hands back into his coat pocket. 
 
I stood there speechless, still pinned against the wall by myself. 
 
"Go-gomawo." My body was still shaking and he looked at me. 
 
"Gwenchana?" He said. 
 
I nodded a bit even though I wasn't okay. 
 
"Stay with me tonight. They'll probably be back."
 
My eyes went wide and then I heated up.
 
"S-stay with you?" I stuttered. 
 
"Or would you like to go back to the scary thugs?" He scoffed and then looked out at the road. 
 
"It should be safe to go back now, kaja." 
 
I still stood there, not sure if I should just stay at his house. He held my wrist and pulled me along with him.
 
I came into the little room, similar to mine, and stood awkwardly. I looked around the room and saw photography and music sheets everywhere. Sitting on the little drawer was a picture frame of him and Byunghun along with two other guys. Sitting in the corner was a guitar. 
 
"You play the guitar?"
 
"Mmmm. I guess." He dug into his drawer and pulled out a pair of boxers and black shirt. 
 
"This... is kinda all I have. Wear it, you'll sleep more comfortably." 
 
I grabbed the clothes from him and my face turned red.
 
"Bathroom's there."
 
He pointed and I went in, not saying anything. I changed into the clothes and took in the scent. I always loved the smell of cologne. 
 
Myungsoo
 
I sat down on the bed, looking at my phone. Kim Myungsoo, what are you doing? What am I feeling?
 
, you just brought a random girl into your house. 
 
*beep* 
 
Message from: Jung Daehyun
 
HYUNGS I THINK I JUST MET HER!!~
 
What is this guy. 
 
The door opened and she walked out, holding her clothes close to her chest, and wearing the baggy boxers and shirt. 
 
I turned my head away, not trying to look at her body. Even if it was a bungle of clothes. 
 
"You can sleep in my bed, I'll take the floor."
 
I saw her gasp to make an argument and stopped her in her tracks.
 
"Don't argue, you won't win."
 
I got off the bed and gestured it to her to which she quietly slid over and sat in. I grabbed my clothes and went into the bathroom to change.
 
Eunji
 
I bit my lip as he walked into the bathroom, worried. Why am I doing this? I met this guy legit this morning. He's really cute though. And then it hit me again. 6 months. ing 6 months.
 
My eyes let the tears out again and I tried to stay quiet. Then I saw a another picture stapled on the side of the drawer, with a picture of him with another girl. They were holding hands and forming a heart, the both of them smiling. It was cute really, I thought to myself, I want that kind of relationship. Hmm, why is it taped all hidden though. 
 
*door opens* 
 
"Oh, I was just um-" I said nervously, darting my eyes away from the picture. 
 
He walked over and pulled the picture of the drawer, sticking the Polaroid in his pocket. 
 
"When you wake up in the morning, tell me.  Those guys might still be there, I'll walk you over to your house." He said softly. 
 
"Ne." I peeped out quickly, sitting uncomfortably on the bed with my legs crossed. 
 
"Sleep." He grabbed one of the two pillows, setting in on the floor next to the bed, and laying down. His feet touched mine and I flinched, my legs going up on his bed. Well mattress. 
 
I clutched my phone in my hand as he sat up, switched off the lights, and went back to laying down. 
 
I slowly laid down facing the ceiling, as I heard his deep breaths. 
 
"Why, why are you helping me?" I said, hoping that he was still awake. After a couple of seconds, nothing was heard, so I thought he was asleep. 
 
"Cause, Byunghun likes you. I can tell."
 
"Bwoh, yah that's nonsense. I barely know him." Or you as a matter of fact, I thought to myself. 
 
"He's the type who won't fall in love with anyone, until he actually falls for them. And believe me, he's fallen for you. Night,  you have work tomorrow with him." He turned to the side as I turned facing the wall.
 
"Nonsense." I whispered in English. 
 
*ding* 
 
I turned the brightness down on my phone and looked at it. 
 
Nana
 
I grabbed my water bottle as I said good night to all the maids. 
 
*boing* 
 
Omo text. 
 
Message from: Unknown Number
 
Annyeong~ you may not remember but I'm the guy from the convenience store, cheesecake guy hehhehe~ 
 
AHHHHHHHHHHHYAYASDFFGJKL; 
 
I jumped up and down resorting in all of the maids staring at me. 
 
"Goodnight unnies, see you in the morning, ekkk." I quickly ran up the stairs into my room and jumped on the king sized bed. Should I reply right away? No, that would make me seem to excited. Cool, Nana, cool.  Oh I know, I'll text the others first. Ekkkkkk. 
 
Group Chat: Song Eunji; Lee Ara
 
HOLLY SWEET MOTHER OF JESUS. HE TEXTED ME. EEOTEOKE, AHHHH I'M SO HAPPY.  
 
Eunji 
 
I read the message, kinda moving my body to a more comfortable position on the bed.
 
Message from: Ahn Nana
 
HOLLY SWEET MOTHER OF JESUS. HE TEXTED ME. EEOTEOKE, AHHHH I'M SO HAPPY.  
 
Ooo looks like Nana is about to have a love in her life. A new face in her eyes. A new in her . Wait no, not the last one. Bahahah. 
 
Message to: Ahn Nana
 
Congrats hoe, lemme meet him arasso? 
 
Message from: Ahn Nana 
 
I haven't texted him back yet ya know, oughta give it that 8-hour time period, I'll reply in the morning. Aren't  I smart?~ 
 
Message to: Ahn Nana
 
Yes unnie, the smartest. 
 
I hear him shuffle and then I lock my phone, shoving it under my back. Did I wake him up?
 
"Minah, ha-hajima." I heard him mutter. Is he talking in his sleep? Minah? 
 
I roll a bit closer to the edge of the bed, and look at his face. The mattress was only about 10 inches off the ground, so I was almost face to face with him. 
 
"Minah, don't go- don't go." He says again, this time with a sense of fear in his voice. 
 
As I lean closer to hear him more clearly, my phone vibrates. The shock made me jumped forward and land on his chest. . 
 
"Saranghaeyo." He mumbles again, hugging my upper body like a pillow.
 
"Don't ever leave me arasso, please Minah, don't"
 
Who is this Minah girl and how obsessed is this fool. Then, I remember the polariod. Ohhh, Minah must the girl in the picture. 
 
He's still hugging as I get even more uncomfortable. Aish, I can't, I have to wake him up. 
 
"Myungsoo-sshi, Myungsoo-sshi." I whisper raspily, trying to lift my head up. 
 
"Mmmm."  He justs tightens and then I let out a sigh. 
 
Come on Song Eunji, use your upper body strength. I bring my hands on the floor space where the mattress and his body were separated and push up, praying to break the lock. 
 
I grunt, ugh I should have taken more PE. 
 
My arms fail and I land on his again, this time the impact waking him up. 
 
"BWOH, WHAT HAPPEN-" he immediately releases his arms and I lay back on the bed, hiding my red face. 
 
"You- you were talking in your sleep. I was checking to see if you were alright, until you trapped me." 
 
I said, stuttering. 
 
"Something about a Minah." 
 
"Minah?- mi-mianhe." He coughed and then turned to the side, probably back to sleep.
 
I turn my back and look at the blank wall. Even he has a girlfriend, I need a life. 
 
Byunghun
 
Text from: Minah Noona
- How's Myungsoo doing these days?
 
I kicked my shoes off, and set my keys on top of the apron. 
 
Text to: Minah Noona
- He's doing well, back to playing. How's the schoollife?
 
I kicked back onto my bed.
 
Text from: Minah Noona
- College eh, ey does my little bro have a girlfriend yet?
 
Okay, time to stop texting her. Another text emerged on my screen. 
 
Text from: Stomach of Jung Daehyun
- SHE'S SO PRETTY IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY GUYS. DO YOU THINK I HAVE A CHANCE?
 
Text to: Stomach of Jung Daehyun
-You said you found her in the cheesecake section? Can't be that pretty. 
 
Text from: Stomach of Jung Daehyun
-YAH AT LEAST IM AVERAGE HEIGHT SMURF. 
 
I immediately put my phone down, and poured myself a glass of milk, chugging it down. 
 
Noona, I might have a girlfriend soon enough. I thought to myself, as I looked at the empty hook where the beanie would usually. Song Eunji Song Eunji, I found myself high-fiving myself throughout the room. Can't wait for work tomorrow man. 
 
 
ENJOY~ please comment and suscribe and gimme your thoughts :::::).