Chapter 4

Rooftop Romance

 

Eunji
 
I jolted up from my bed, looking at phone to see if he had called in the middle of the night. Dad, please. Call. I get up and walk into the bathroom, brushing my teeth and washing my face. Saturday, what am I possibly going to do. I changed into big plaid shirt and keep the leggings on, too tired to pull them off. 
 
*grrrrrr.*
 
At the sound of my stomach growling, I walk over to the cabinet to get another packet of ramen. 
 
"Aish, eeoteoke. There's no more." My stomach growls even louder and then I walk to my backpack, looking in my wallet for some money. 
 
"Should I really use it?" At the same time I said that, the stomach decide to let the heavens know that it was hungry. Aish I need to eat. 
 
I put my black converse on and stuff my phone and a couple hundred won in my pocket, then walked outside. 
 
Step by step down the stairs, I made my way down, until I got a text. As I looked at the screen, someone came running towards me. 
 
*bam* 
 
Before I knew it, I was on the ground, with another person next to me. 
 
"YAH, WALK!" I screamed at the person, not seeing his face.
 
Myungsoo
 
"YAH WALK!" I heard as I caught my breath. She was wearing a plaid shirt, with her hair in a ponytail making a face at me. 
 
I let out a scoff and then stood up, rubbing the cement stains off my black jeans. "YAH LOOK WHERE YOUR GOING." I retorted at the girl. 
 
"You ran into me!" She said, and I finally looked at her face. Wasn't she the girl from last night? I  scanned her up and down, mindlessly. 
 
"Bwoh, don't you hear me?" She said as she waved her hands back and forth across my face. 
 
I took her wrist and held it midair, looking her straight in the eyes. 
 
"Look here little girl. Don't go ing about running into me, when you had half the fault too. Arasso?~"
 
Eunji
 
"Look here little girl. Don't go ing about running into me, when you had half the fault too. Arasso?~" I gulped as I processed what he just said. Who the does he think he is? 
 
As he held my right hand, I lifted my left, about to slap him across the cheek. 
 
*you touch my heart baby, touch touch-*
 
Aish. I wanted to hit this nigga. I answered my phone and looked at him, to which he released my wrist. Wait is it him? I thought to my self excitedly.
 
"Yeobosayo?" 
 
"Coffee, where are you?" 
 
Aish I forgot, Saturday mornings are coffee dates with them.
 
I made a frustrated face and then noticed that the guy was still standing there. 
 
"Aigo, I... I'm on my way, I kinda ran into a hole." 
 
"Bahahahah. Did you tell him off?" Aish this girl, of course she would ask this. 
 
"Ne Nana. I did. I'll be there in few."
 
"Arasso." 
 
I hung up and then put the phone in my pocket, pulling out the money. Aish this isn't gonna cover the cost of the overpriced coffee. I looked back at the stranger who was still staring at me. 
 
I let out a little smile and turn quickly to face him, acting all sweet. 
 
"Ne, domo mianhae. It's completely my fault." I lied, to which he became confused at. 
 
"Your right. It is your fault. Bye." 
 
"Wait wait wait wait." I grabbed his arm as he started to walk off. 
 
"Do you have a couple of dollars that you can spare to me?" I asked, batting my eyelashes. He let out a little scoff again and I crossed my arms. 
 
"Jebal? Please, I promise to pay you back, next time I see you."
 
He didn't say anything but pulled out a couple of dollars instead, holding it out to me. 
 
 I took it and thanked him, then starting running off to the cafe. Aish, I shouldn't have apologized, that deserved it. I grasped the money and then made my way to the cafe. 
 
I made sure to stop just before entering the shop, so I don't look like I just ran there. 
 
After my heart rate went down, I walked into the coffee shop and saw the two girls sitting in one of the booths. 
 
"Scoot over, hoe." I said and Ara slides to the side. I sat down and the waiter came, asking for my order. 
 
I picked the cheapest thing on the menu, a simple green tea. 
 
"Did you know that the school is having a load of new students join on Monday?" Nana said, taking Instagram pictures of the drink, something she would do every Saturday. 
 
"Jinja?" I asked, while thanking the waiter for bringing me my drink.
 
"Do you think they'll be cute?" 
 
"Ladies and gentlemen, I present you Ara, the boy lover." I said, gesturing my hands towards her. 
 
"Yah a girl can't be curious?!"
 
"No no you can't." I said in fluent English. 
 
"Woah there, language mash up."
 
"Isn't funny that the only 3 English speakers in the school, are best friends with each other?" Ara said with her New Jersey accent. Suddenly our conversation turned into all English. 
 
"Fate, I guess." Nana said, biting on her straw. 
 
As I looked out the window, I started thinking about the past.
 
*flashback* 
 
"Daddy. Mommy taught me how to say my abcs today! Do you want to hear the song?" I asked the man who was sitting behind the big desk.
 
"Oh jeongmal Eunji-ah, arasso let Appa hear it." He said, lifting me onto his lap. 
 
"Appa, your suppose to reply in English!" I poked at his face, playing with his glasses. 
 
"Appa can't. Omma never taught me like she taught you." He let out a smile, hugging me tight. 
 
"Ji-ah, let daddy hear your wonderful singing voice." She said, walking into room, with my bowl of rice, that she would feed to me everyday. Ji, something only she would call me. 
 
"Arasso mommy! Appa ready?" I exclaimed as she stood next to me. The both of them chuckling at their daughter's cuteness. 
 
"A, B, C.."
 
*end of flashback*
 
I snapped back to reality when I heard a camera snap. 
 
"Eunji, a pondering moment." Ara joked, as she was about to post a picture of me staring at at the window, like the thinker. 
 
"Post that, and your choding face pictures are going on the Internet." I threatened. 
 
We finished drinking our coffee and then the two of them went to the mall. Of course they asked, but I denied. Running out of excuses to say, I just said that my aunt was going to pick me up from the cafe and take me shoe shopping. Funny, I don't even have a aunt. Or at least one that cares. 
 
As the two of them left, I sat there, sipping the ice water out of my drank-up green tea. I looked out the window and noticed a help wanted sign on the window of the ice cream shop across from the cafe. 
 
I need money. Should I? 
 
I paid the waiter and then walked out of the cafe and crossed the road, over to the pick painted ice-cream shop. 
 
I walked into the little room, looking at all the colors and smell of chocolate. 
 
"Excuse me, is that help wanted sign still needed?" I asked the cashier behind the counter. 
 
"Oh ne. Perfect timing actually, the manager is interviewing someone else right now too!" He said.
 
"Bwoh? Does that mean the position is taken?" 
 
"Aniyo, we're hiring two workers. Your just in time. One minute." 
 
He walked into the back room and I stood there, looking at all the ice cream flavors. 
 
Myungsoo
 
"Bahahaha your gonna apply to work at a ice cream shop?!" I said, almost peeing of laughter.
 
"Yah, I need the money okay. The amp is failing on us."
 
"Byunggie-ah you should start leaving. It's almost 11, wouldn't want to have the job of the ice cream scooper be taken, now would we?"
 
"Daehyun, remind me to kill you when I get back." 
 
The short guy picked up his jacket and left for the job interview. 
 
"Empty egg cartons?" Daehyun asked, rummaging through the fridge. 
 
"I egged Kang sunseangnim's house this morning." I replied, running my finger across the strings of the guitar. 
 
"Why didn't you tell us?! We hated that bastard too." 
 
"Yoseob, don't lie, you can barely wake up." I said and he nodded, agreeing. "I ran into this girl too. Who decided to at me over nothing." I think she just moved in across from here." 
 
"Every girl es at you. Your not the easiest person to like, Kim Myungsoo."
 
"Geu seki, shut up." 
 
Eunji
 
"Miss!" 
 
I looked and saw the manager standing there with a person next to him? Is that the... 
 
The manager told me to come over so I stood next to the guy. 
 
"I don't even need to interview you, now do I?" He said and then I giggled, bowing because that means I just got the job. 
 
"Arasso, you two can both start tomorrow. Is that okay?" 
 
"Ne" I said, him doing the same. 
 
Maybe he doesn't remember me. 
 
The manager instructed the cashier to inform us on all the information and then disappeared to the backroom. I stood there shyly, feeling my palms heat up.
 
"I want my beanie back one day, you know." I heard him say, clacking his side against mine, as we waited for the cashier to get uniforms out from the back. 
 
"So you do remember who I am?" I said, making a cute face. 
 
"Of course, who could I not? You never called." He playfully punched my shoulder. 
 
"You said to call when I was sad, I wasn't sad." I said punching him back. 
 
"Good." He said smirking.
 
The cashier came out and handed us the blue and pink aprons with white polka dots on them. 
 
"Is there a dress code I have to wear with this?" I asked.
 
"Aniyo. Just wear the apron and normal clothing. I'm excited to be working with you two. Welcome to The Freeze. I'm Chunji. Nice to be working with you guys."
 
"Nice to meet you, I'm Song Eunji." I said shaking his hand, and letting out light nervous chuckles. 
 
*So that's her name, Byunghun thought in his head.*
 
"Byunghun, ....hyung?" He said with an unsure face. 
 
"1993." Chunji said. 
 
"Omo, nado." I said. 
 
"We're all the same age?" 
 
"Wah what a coincidence." 
 
"Chingu?"
 
"Chingu!" The two of us said. 
 
We talked a lot bit more and then he explained everything, on how to make and assemble everything. When he was done, we took our aprons and said good bye.
 
"Arasso, see you two tomorrow. Annyeong~" he said waving 
 
"Annyeong~" I said, walking towards the door while Byunghun and Chunji did one of those bro-to-bro handshakes. 
 
He caught up with me and we both walked out together. 
 
"Feeling better today?" He asked, walking with his hand in his pockets. 
 
"Mmm. So and so. Enough to get by. You?" 
 
"Even better now that I met my damsel in distress again. Eunji huh?" 
 
"That's my name, don't wear it out." I joked.
 
His phone rang and then he answered it. 
 
"Ne, I got the job. I'm on my way, bye hyung." He hung up and stuck the phone back into his pocket. 
 
"Which way are you going?" 
 
I pointed it the direction of my building. "That way."
 
"Ooo another coincidence, so am I." 
 
Sooner or later, we both ended on the same alley. 
 
"I'm going to that building." I said. 
 
"That one." He pointed at the building across from me. Omo, was he the one I saw last night. 
 
"Oh arasso, see you tomorrrow at work~" I said, wanting to get back to my room. 
 
"Wait Eunji!"
 
"Ne." I said stopping and turning around. 
 
"What's your number?" 
 
I smiled and then walked over to him, taking out his phone and putting my number in. 
 
"Annyeong." I said, handing him back the phone. 
 
"Bye princess." Before I could comment on that, he had already ran up the stairs. 
 
I walked up to my house and laid on the bed, dropping the apron on the floor. I just want to go back to sleep. Appa, call. It's only 12 o'clock . Nap, I guess then. I close my eyes and fall back to sleep. 
 
 
 
*loud music playing* 
 
AISH THAT GUY . I get up and storm out of my room and over to the balcony, facing that ers house. I just need so effin peace and quiet. Hmmm.  I picked up some pebbles from the plant and aim at the other house. 
 
Myungsoo
 
"Aish this amp- OWW." Byunghun yelled, kicking the failing amp. 
 
"It's making our music sound like dying cows, eeoteoke." Daehyun said, drinking water. 
 
*CLACK* 
 
*CLACK* 
 
*CLACK* 
 
"What the ?" All of us walked outside and saw that girl from this morning standing on the rooftop. So it's her.
 
"YAH COULD YOU KEEP IT DOWN- Byunghun ?" She yelled then pointing at him. 
 
"Yah you know that whack job?" I said turning around to him.
 
He looked happy and then waved at her. 
 
"Eunji!" She waved back to him and the rest of us were just confused. 
 
"She's my coworker." He said smiling and laughing. "And I guess your neighbor, Myungsoohyung-ah." He patted me on the pack and ran down the stairs.  And then ended up on her rooftop. 
 
"Ooo, Byunggie's getting that game." Daehyun said. 
 
"Yah lets just go back inside, aish." The three of us walked back into the room, leaving Byunghun.
 
Eunji
 
I heard steps going up the stairs and then Byunghun stood in front of me. 
 
"Annyeong." He said smiling showing off his cute dimples. 
 
"Nice to see you again, oppa-ah."
 
"Chingu. Call me Byunghun, Eunji-ah." 
 
"Ahahaha arasso. Do you live over there?" I asked sliding my feet against the dusty ground. 
 
"Aniyo, the ice prince does." 
 
"Ice prince?" 
 
"Kim Myungsoo, he's your neighbor. The one wearing the black shirt." 
 
Wait black shirt. He was the one I ran into this morning. 
 
"Ohhh-Ohhhh! Before I forget!"
 
I ran into the room and grabbed the black beanie off my hook and ran back outside to see him.
 
"Here. Kamsa for letting me wear it." I said holding my arm out with the beanie.
 
"Aniyo. Keep it. It looks good on you. Hmmm, I know. When you feel like your completely happy, then you can give it back to me. Arachi?l 
 
"Bwoh?" I said, retreating my outstretched arm as he pushed it back.
 
"You said your so and so happy. The moment that your completely happy, give it back to me." 
 
"Byunghun-sshi I-"
 
"Just do it. I'll get back to the guys now. Bye best friend~" He took the beanie out of my hands and put it over my head. 
 
"I'll text you arasso? You better reply! See you tomorrow at work!"
 
"Ah nado, see you tomorrow." 
 
He walked down and then I gripped the beanie, pulling it off. 
 
Give it back to him when I'm happy. Lee Byunghun, looks like your never getting your beanie back. 
 
I walked back into the room and attempted to sleep again. Cause you know, nothing better to do. 
 
Daehyun 
 
Original, original, original, ah. I finally found it. I reached, about to get it, until another hand landed on it. 
 
"Yah I found that first!" I looked up away from the refrigerated shelf and yelled. 
 
I saw a girl wearing skinny jeans and a hoodie with a reddish tone to her hair. 
 
Is this what it feels like to fall in love? 
 
"Ah, here." The girl said as she looked at the shelf and pulled out another original cheesecake.
 
"Mianhae, I didn't know you wanted this. Here." She handed it to me and smile sweetly.
 
"Oh it's okay. Gomawo." I bowed slightly in embarrassment looking at how pretty she was. 
 
"No problem." 
 
Still stuck in my trance, I didn't realize that she was already off to check out. 
 
"Wa-wai-wait!" I quickly ran up to her as she turned around to face me, her hair whooshing. 
 
"Can I know your name?" I asked shyly, feeling my stomach tighten. 
 
"Ahn Nana. Your really cute, ahh how about I give you my number too?" She said, looking like the girl of my dreams. 
 
"Can I see your phone?" She asked and I quickly rambled through my pockets for it.
 
"Oh here." I handed it to her. 
 
Is this really happening? My dream girl. Giving me her number. 
 
"Call me sometime, maybe we'll eat cheesecake together." 
 
She gave me the phone back and winked, walking to the check out. 
 
I looked at my phone screen. 'Anh Nana a.k.a cheesecake girl'.
 
I smiled from ear to ear and then held the phone up to my chest. I've got to tell all the guys about this. 
 
Nana 
 
I walked out of the store, giddy as a motherer. Oh thank god, I kept my cool. I.. think I just met the love of my life. I quickly dialed my phone and put it on three way. 
 
"AH ARA, EUNJI YOU'LL NEVER BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED!" I screamed into the phone. 
 
"Yah, Ahn Nana, us humans have ear drums you know." 
 
"Jinja, your killing my hearing here." 
 
"I JUST MEANT THE GUY OF MY DREAMS. HE'S CUTE AND LOVES CHEESECAKE AND I THINK I HEAR-"
 
I quickly turn around to make sure he wasn't near. 
 
"I THINK I HEARD SOME SATOORI OUT OF HIM. UNF."
 
"Woah calm your . What's his name?" 
 
 
"Crap. I knew I forgot something. I.. have to wait for him to text me ."
 
"Bahah to Nana. Ooo~ if you guys start going out, you'll have a date for my party." Ara said. 
 
"Unnie-ah, even you don't have a date." 
 
"Yah Song Eunji, jugoshipeo?!" 
 
"Mianhae my queen."
 
"Eunji-ah, you need a date too." I said, looking around for the cute guy.
 
"Do I really?" 
 
"Yes yes you do."
 
"We'll see. I have to go, goodnight-bye~" Eunji hung up and then soon, all of us ended the call."
 
Eunji
 
I put on a maroon cardigan along with some skinny jeans and a white croptop, walking outside to the cold air. I walked back unconsciously and put on the black beanie, smiling. 
 
I make my way down the stairs and head to the convenient store. 
 
I bought myself a bowl of ramen and sat down at the counter by the window. You could see the chilly air, icing up the windows. I peeled back the lid, the steam warming up my face. I start eating the processed ramen, occasionally tapping my phone to check for missed calls or messages. I heard someone sit down beside me and glance over to see who it was. I nearly choked as I saw him beside me. 
 
Myungsoo
 
I noticed the girl looking at me and it was her.
 
Aish, why do I see this girl everywhere I go? 
 
"Close your mouth." I said, lifting my hand up and shutting her jaw. I opened my ramen and staring eating and as she gave me one last stare and went back to her bowl. 
 
*you touch my heart baby-* 
 
I looked over as she quickly picked up her phone, almost bursting with excitement. 
 
"Appa?" She said smiling. 
 
"Oh... 6 months?" I saw her expression fall as she tapped on the counter with her phone to her ear. 
 
"Aniyo, I'll be fine. I miss you too appa. Ne, ohhh I'm with Nana and Ara right now! At the mall." I noticed her eyes almost b with tears and then almost lifted my arm to comfort her until I pulled it back. 
 
"Ne, call again soon, I love you." She hung up and then the tears starting to fall, landing into the ramen. 
 
I got up and grabbed a napkin from the stand and held it out to her. 
 
Eunji
 
I saw a napkin in front of my face and looked up slightly at him. 
 
"Take it." He said. 
 
I looked back down, making sure to hang my head low, so my pitiful tears wouldn't me seen. 
 
"Take it." He said again, as I sat there lifeless, not wanting him to see me cry. 
 
"This girl."  
 
He sat down and I felt my heart drop as he turned my head around, and took the napkin, wiping my tears himself. 
 
"Hajima. People are going to pity you if they see those tears on your face." He threw the napkin in the trash and then walked over to the fridges, getting something. 
 
"Here, drink this." 
 
He handed me a red bull, as he had opened one also. 
 
"Yah I gave you money this morning, drink it and return the favor." 
 
I slowly popped the metal tab and took a sip, wiping my under eyes with the sleeve of my cardigan. 
 
"Kamsaminda." I said softly before I got up from the chair, taking the red bull with me. 
 
I walked out the door and back to the building. 
 
As I was almost there, I saw two huge guys standing there talking to the land lady. I felt my heart race and I almost screamed as I felt them glance at me. Suddenly I felt a hand grab my wrist as we started running in the other direction, away from the bulky guys. . . . . .

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

CLIFF HANGER HOLLA . I'll try to update tmrw guys ! I hope you liked it, please comment and suscribe :))) ILY .