Chapter 1

Rooftop Romance

 

Eunji
 
 
"Eunji-ah, here." 
 
I looked as he handed me a white piece of paper. 
 
"Appa, what's this?" 
 
"Appa is gonna be gone for a while. Stay here for now." He said breathing deeply. 
 
My chest tightened up as I felt my tears coming again. I had known since I was little that we had money issues, but I never knew it would come to this. 
 
"Appa." I said my voice cracking up, tears dripping off my chin to onto my sweater.
 
"Eunji-ah, hajima, don't cry. It's just for a while. Until Appa gets back on his feet arasso? He patted my back and held me close. 
 
"Do this for appa. This way, you'll be safe."
 
I could sense his voice cracking up too, and his eyes watering. I cried even more as he held me tighter, reminding me of when I was still little, and would sleep in his arms. When he picked me up from school, I had thought it was unusual, but I.. I didn't know that this would be the last time I would see him. Sitting in the car, crying my eyes out. 
 
"Appa, can't I just... just stay with you?"
 
"I can't live with myself if you get hurt. Omma would kill me too if she knew that I was putting my daughter in danger." He let out a chuckle, something he would always do in order to make me me stop feeling sad. 
 
"Appa has to go soon. I'll call as much as I can arasso? Just live normally. I'll call you as soon as I can. Eunji-ah, jebal."
 
"Appa." I said crying into his chest. 
 
"I've dropped your things off, it isn't the most glamorous life, mianhae, jeongmal mianhae darling. But bare with it, until I return arasso? Gukchunghajima, I'll be fine. Promise to smile everyday arasso?" 
 
I lifted my head from his chest and he whipped my tears, holding up his pinky finger. 
 
"Promise?" 
 
"Ne appa." I said with the last remaining bit of energy I had to use my voice. I locked my finger with his and then he kisses my forehead. 
 
"Mianhae Eunji. Appa will be back."
 
 
Myungsoo
 
"Yah Jung Daehyun, are you pregnant?" 
 
"Aniyo, wae." He said stuffing his face with ramen.
 
"Yah, then stop eating for two! Aish, and you wonder why no one wants to date you." I pulled the pot towards myself as he frowned. 
 
"Food isn't the only reason why he's single." 
 
"YAH YANG YOSEOB, DO YOU WANT TO DIE." He launched from his seat and over to Yoseob, putting him in a headlock. 
 
"Aish cut it out, you two! Your both repulsive towards girls." 
 
"You shouldn't talk either." Yoseob said, finally prying Daehyun's hands off of him. 
 
"Where's Byunghun? He should be here by now." 
 
"Probably just late, like always." I swallowed my ramen as I felt my phone vibrate. 
 
"Yeobosaeyo?"
 
"YAH YOU WANNA FIGHT?! BRING IT. HYUNG COME FAST. I NEED YOU. 
 
"Yah Byunghun!" 
 
-hangs up-
 
"Aish, come you two." 
 
Before we knew it, we were punching and kicking, blood appearing on our knuckles. 
 
10 minutes later.....
 
The four of us sat against the alley wall chuckling, looking at the 5 guys laying on the floor, groaning in pain. 
 
"They didn't even put up a fight." Daehyun said kicking one of the inmobile guys. 
 
"Aish I should have stretched though, one of them hit me in the back." 
 
"Yoseob, that was me. I accidently hit you. Mianhe hehe." Byunghun said as he gave Yoseob a little smile.
 
"Aish, what did they do anyways?"
 
"Hyung, they were all harassing a girl. I couldn't stand it. Bastards." 
 
Daehyun let out a big sigh. "The school is going to talk again when we come in with our faces looking like this." 
 
"Since when did we care?" I said wiping the blood off my lip.
 
"True, true." They all unanimously said. 
 
"Aish I have to get home, my sister is begging for me." Then the little blonde ran off. 
 
"Yoseob-ah, you still look like a wanna be hallyu star!" Daehyun shouted. 
 
We all bursted in laughter and then got up and went our seperate ways back to our houses. 
 
 
I walked in, dropping my phone on the table and cleaned up the blood, then laying in my bed. I don't even feel anything, I thought to myself. I guess it's true, the more you do it, the less you feel it. Ha. 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------
 
Please tell me your thoughts, annyeong yerobun~