Chapter 2

Rooftop Romance

 

Eunji
 
I push the creaky door and then walked into the rooftop room, flicking on the lights. Holding the white piece of paper in my hands, I clenched it tightly as I looked at the small room with a desk, drawer and small bed. There were a couple of blankets folded on the bed, and a small bathroom and a old microwave. Tears were slipping out of my eyes again and I collapsed sitting on the floor, with my knees to my face. It wasn't the fact that this was a small and empty room, it was the fact that I was in the small empty room alone. 
 
"Aniyo. I can't. I have to pull through this." Wiping my tears, I opened the luggage and put everything in it's place, trembling with every move. After folding everything and setting up the bed, I washed my red, tear-stained face and then climbed into the small, cold bed. I didn't sleep though. How could I. I just lost everything that was important to me. 
 
"Promise to smile everyday?" I remembered the words that he had told me just a couple of hours ago, before he dropped me off and drove away. 
 
"Ne appa. I will." I said to my self before covering myself with the blanket, closing my restless eyes. 
 
Myungsoo
 
*buzz* *buzz* *buzz* 
 
Aish. 
 
I stuck my left hand out of the blanket and onto the floor, groping for the phone. 
 
"Byunghyun, micheso?" I said under my blanket, trying to block the sun that was shining threw the window. 
 
"Wake up. School."
 
"Aish, wae. It's pointless."
 
"The transfer letters are getting passed out today. Palli."
 
-hangs up-
 
Transfer letters. From one ty school probably to an even tier school. 
 
I got up and got ready, throwing on the worn out school uniform blazer. 
 
I walked out and noticed something on the other rooftop. Hmm clothes drying? Did someone move in? Huh. 
 
-------------------------------------
 
"Hana." Daehyun said. 
 
"Dul." Yoseob whispered. 
 
"Set." Byunghun, eagerly about to tear his letter. 
 
"OPEN!" I said half-shouting. 
 
At that moment we all teared open our letters. 
 
"Omo Seoul High!" 
 
"Nado!" 
 
"Seoul! You Myungsoo?"
 
"Aish.... SEOUL HIGH!"
 
 
We all let out congratulatory screams and high fived each other. We weren't excited about going to school, we were excited that we were all going to the same school. 
 
Teacher: Transfers are active starting Monday.  You 4, quiet down. 
 
--------------------------------------
 
-After school-
 
"Let's go to Hongdae tonight, perform?" I said. All of us sitting on the brick bench. 
 
"Ooo celebration? I'm in." Byunghun said, putting his arm around Daehyun's shoulder. 
 
"In." Daehyun said, eating a sausage stick. 
 
"I'll get the car from my mom." The blonde said, pulling his phone out to text his mom.
 
"Arasso, lets make some noise tonight! Yeaaaaaaaa!
 
All of us: Yeaaaaaaaaa!
 
Eunji
 
I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Eunji-ah, Eunji-ah, wake up." Scratching my nose, I looked up and saw Nana. 
 
"Oh what time is it?" I asked still half-asleep.
 
"6 PM. You've been sitting in this chair for the past 3 hours." 
 
"Oh, jinja? Aish well why didn't any on you wake me up?!"
 
"Ara was going to, but then Kim-sunseangnim said not to. She said you looked exhausted when you walked into class."
 
I fixed my hair and then dug in my bag for my mirror. "Where is Ara?" I asked while checking my reflection. Oh dear god, the concealer is starting to wear off.
 
"In the bathroom, kaja."
 
Before I could do anything, she had literally dragged me out of the classroom. 
 
-In the bathroom-
 
"Our princess has decided to wake up?" The girl wearing black heels said looking into the mirror. 
 
"Can I borrow some concealer?" I asked and she handed me it. I squeeze some onto 
my fingers and then blended it in. 
 
"I stayed up last night, barely slept." I said, lying through my teeth. 
 
"Well, your barely gonna sleep tonight too" said Nana. 
 
"Bwoh?" 
 
"The three of us are going to Hongdae. Girls night out." 
 
"Aniyo, I can't."
 
"You can't or you won't? Your never busy on Friday nights." Ara said, giving me the I-know-your-lying face.
 
"Jebal, Eunji-ah, don't leave me with this wacko." She said pointing to Nana. 
 
"Your going, no arguments, arasso?" Nana said, pinching my cheeks. 
 
"I-... Arasso." 
 
I didn't want to go anywhere. I barely wanted to walk outside my room. I didn't want to see happy people or kids with their parents, smiling happily. But... I have to live normally. I have to. For him. 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------
 
Myungsoo
 
"I missed that chord, damn it." Byunghun said, face-palming himself. 
 
"Aish it's fine, no one noticed, byunggie." 
 
"Yah Jung Daehyun, call me byunggie one more time and you'll die." 
 
"Byunggie."
 
"Your dead." 
 
The two of them starting running, chasing each other, dropping the instruments in the van. 
 
"I'm gonna go get some eggballs. I'll be back." 
 
"Hyung-ah bring me some too!" The busan boy said. 
 
"Fatass." 
 
I walked up to the to the stand, waiting in line. Blowing puffs of air, that were appearing in the chilly weather. 
 
Eunji
 
"This line is so long. Aish just for a couple of eggballs. Nana, are you craving them this much?" Ara said, getting cold from the skirt she was wearing. 
 
"Ne ne ne. I've been craving them all day." 
 
I stared at the plain ground, avoiding looking up, afraid that tears were going to spill out. 
 
"Eunji-ah, gwenchana?" Ara said, with a worried look on her face. 
 
"Mmm." I said, looking at them. Aish I can't act like this. They'll get suspicious. "I'm craving eggs balls too. And these shoes are uncomfortable." 
 
"Those are barely wedges, come on." 
 
"Aish Ara unnie, how can you wear like 5 inch heels everyday?" I asked, looking at her like 4 inch black pumps. Then back at my like 2 inch wedges. Damn I'm weak. 
 
"You get used to them, dongseang-ah." 
 
"Yah I agreed to call you unnie, but three months apart doesn't make me your dongseang" I joked. 
 
"Aish- AIGO." I yelped as I was walking forward and tripped on my heel. 
 
Oh great here comes the ground and me. 
 
But no, I was caught in a pair of arms. 
 
I'm lifted back up and then I look at the person shortly. 
 
"Gomoseummnida." I said, giving a little bow to the guy that caught me. 
 
He just nodded and then I walked up to where the other two were standing. 
 
"Ooo I saw your damsel in distress moment." Nana said, handing me some egg balls. 
 
"These shoes, god damn it." I took the pastry from her and then tore off one of the pieces, stuffing it in my mouth. 
 
We spent the next hour, looking at clothes and the two of them bought things. And my excuse was that I had to many clothes already. 
 
"Unnies-ah, I'm gonna go home on the subway. My dad wants me to pick some things up from him. Arasso?"
 
"You sure?" I could drop you off" asked Nana, carrying bags in her hands. 
 
"Ne hoes. I mean unnies." I let out a little laugh and then waved to them, making my way to the subway station. 
 
---------------------------
 
I walked back to the building, the landlady greeting me with sympathetic eyes. I guess she knows my situation. 
 
"Annyeonghaseyo ajumma." I bowed. 
 
"Annyeong, it's late. You should head to bed." She said patting me on the back. 
 
"Ne, I think I'll head up soon. I want to breathe some fresh air for while. " 
 
"Arasso. I'll be going up first then arasso?" She said with a warm smile.
 
"Ne, kamsamnida. Sleep well, ajumma." 
 
 
She went up and I sat down on the cement ledge. I took off my heels and set them beside me, laying my chin on top of my pressed together knees. As I stared at the grey concrete, I remembered that night, when my dad has hastily driven me to an intersection after getting a phone call. I had a flashback of seeing her lifeless body laying there against the rain filled road, blood dripping, and blue and red lights scattered around. I was only twelve. What could I have possibly done ? Omma, wae. Why did you leave me? I thought as the tears were sliding down my face one by one. 
 
That was when financial problems started to worsen. He would turn to other possibilities and soon those caught up with him too. And now. I'm all alone. Why. Why me? 
 
My hair curtained over my face as I pushed my face into my knees, making mute crying noises. I heard footsteps and laughter from far away, but zoned it out. 
 
---------------------------------------------
 
The continuation of this chapter will be the next chapter guise! I hope you enjoyed this chap! Annyeong yerobun~ please comment and tell me what you think :) . Or any suggestions :)))~