Chapter 3

You and I

It was four months that passed since Bom and TOP broke each other’s hearts. Four painful months of no communication, whatsoever.

Nothing.

I guess I was not really the person for you
I couldn’t hold back my stupid heart
Which pained you
And please don’t cry.

After four months, Bom released a song entitled ‘Don’t cry’. She composed the song herself and her inspiration was their break up. Who knew that a break up could be the cause of writing an awesome song?

All the long nights
I stayed up late crying
I spent them all alone
Baby I cried

Here is the end for the both of us
And until the world would allow our love then

It’s okay baby please don’t cry
This long journey is about to end
But someday, we will meet again
In the next life, we’ll see each other again.

Bom then, started tearing up at the bridge part.

Sometimes, when tears come to me
I remember our beautiful memories
I hope that you won’t be hurt more
And please don’t cry.

The fans cheered her when she exited the stage. At the back stage, Taeyang, Jiyong, Daesung, Seungri, and the rest of 2ne1 were there.

She extended her arms to them and they returned it with a group hug.

She was crying. She was crying very hard. It was just like when they first broke up.

Behind them, a silent Seunghyun was hiding behind a wall. It pained him to see her like this. It hurts so much that he regretted the fact that he broke up with her. It wasn’t her fault at all. She was just trying to help the others in exchange for her heart to break.

‘I know you’re in pain but I’m also hurt seeing you like this.’

“Shh…Bom, it’s okay…” said Taeyang as he s his arms around her.

-------------

“YAH! Who’s in the bathroom?! I’m gonna explode! OPEN UP!”

Jiyong banged the door endlessly.

No response.

“C’mon, dude! WHOEVER YOU ARE, OPEN UP!” yelled Jiyong at the top of his lungs.

Seungri gave him the keys to the bathroom and he struggled to open it up.

(Yeah, the repair man gave them keys to every room in their door so that Jiyong won’t be destroying the door in one bang.)

Once he opened it, he ped his zipper and let everything out. When he was done, he flushed the toilet and glanced at the mirror to see a sleeping Seunghyun on the bath tub with a notebook laying on his bare chest. He was only wearing pants while he had no shirt on.

“Y-Yah…Hyung.” he said as he tried to wake up Seunghyun.

He looked at the notebook and saw some scribbles and writing. It was a song. He was writing a song.

“A song dedicated to my…ex-girlfriend?” Jiyong mumbled under his breath as he read the lyrics out loud.

He ran his eyes at the lyrics and didn’t know how he felt.

“He wrote a song for…Bom noona?” he asked himself.

Suddenly, he heard TOP groan. He opened his eyes and saw Jiyong staring at him.

“W-what are you d-doing here?” he asked sleepily yet surprisingly.

“You wrote a song for Bom noona?” Jiyong asked.

Seunghyun stood up quickly and snatched the notebook from him.

“YAH! Who told you to read this?!” he raised his voice.

“So you did write a song for her? Whoa!”

Jiyong ran out of the bathroom and TOP chased him frantically.

-------------

“The beat’s actually nice.” whispered Teddy.

“Yeah.” answered Jiyong.

There were only three of them inside the recording room where Seunghyun was finally recording the song.

How did we have so many things to say back then
How are you doing
The promises I weren't able to keep still clings to my heart
I worry ‘bout you a lot
I wonder if you stay awake at night like I do.

Then, the girl started singing.

You're no different from the other guys
Why are you taking back everything you said before
Your future was more important to you.

Seunghyun felt the pain of the words when she sang it. He couldn’t even imagine if Bom tells this to her.

After a month or two, Seunghyun also released a song called ‘To act like nothing’s wrong’. And since the girl singing in the song wasn’t available at the moment, Bom was the one who showed up singing.

Seunghyun was surprised by her sudden appearance. But he was even more surprised when she didn’t even look at him. Not even a glance. Nothing.

In the end, Seunghyun had to hug her and Bom was also to do the same. He missed hugging her so he did his move already. He felt Bom’s body stiffened. Her hug wasn’t really that tight compared to her sweet, tight embraces when they were still together. He felt so awkward feeling this hug of hers.

At the end, they also had to walk hand in hand when going off the stage.

The fans gave out a loud cheer to the two for the wonderful performance. As soon as they left the stage, Bom let go of his hand but Seunghyun grabbed it again and pulled her closely leaving his and her band members dumbfounded and confused.

“Meet me at the top of YG’s building. 7PM. Be there on time.” he said with his cold, icy voice.

Bom did not respond but she pulled her arm harshly and walked away, with the rest of 2ne1 following.

‘Why was she the one singing Ji Eun-ssi’s part?’TOP thought as he and the Big Bang Boys walked to their van.

------------

The boys searched for Taeyang around the place and the stage. He was nowhere to be found.

“Aish! Where’s Taeyang?!” asked GD as he looked behind the curtains.

“He’s not in the refrigerator, hyung!” said Seungri innocently.

“Daesung, call him again!” said Jiyong.

TOP was just there, sitting on the couch, not caring about Taeyang’s sudden disappearance.

After a minute, Daesung jumped up and down.

“HYUNG! Where are you?!” asked Dae frantically.

“Mm…I’m just at a random coffee place talking to some—“

“And you’re not informing us?!” asked Jiyong as he snatched the phone away from Daesung.

“It’s not like that. It was so sudden, so I couldn—“

“Just tell me who you are going with.”

“Is she a girl?”

“Is she CL noona?”

“Is she beautiful?”

“Is she—“

“Okay, she’s a girl. And I’m finally making my move to her!” said Taeyang in response of the numerous questions.

“That’s great, Youngbae! Keep it up! But next time, tell us when and where are you going.” informed Jiyong as he finally bid his goodbye and disconnected the call.

------------

“I didn’t know it was his song, Youngbae. I had no idea on what was going on when I saw him.”

Taeyang took a sip from his coffee mug and looked at her.

“He said that it was dedicated to you…” said Taeyang.

“Really? I haven’t heard the whole song yet.” stated Bom.

Taeyang gave her his iPod and let her hear the song. After hearing the song, Bom was so touched with his words that it made her eyes shed tears of pain.

“Please stop crying.” he said as he passed the newly-ordered cappuccino to her.

She drank it and the cream had stayed on her lips. Taeyang let out a small giggle.

“W-what?”

“You have cream on your lips.” he stated as he pointed to her lips.

Bom was about to wipe it when suddenly, Taeyang grabbed her hand.

“Don’t”

“Huh?”

Then, out of the blue, Taeyang placed his lips onto hers and took out the cream.

Bom was surprised.

Shocked.

She didn’t know how she feels now. Why did Taeyang do that? Does that kiss mean something?

Outside the glass-windowed coffee shop is a silent Seunghyun spying on the two.

It was 7 PM and Bom wasn’t still there so he decided to get some coffee from the same shop.

But to his surprise, he saw Taeyang kiss his precious Bom on the lips.

“B-B-Bwaeyo?!”

He saw Taeyang stood up and walked away from the coffee shop, leaving Bom dumb-founded.