Chapter 1

You and I

It was a very bad day for Park Bom. First of all, it rained when they had their concert live. Second, she fell on the stage at least 3 times and had bruises on her arm and legs. She was humiliated to her fans for falling so awkwardly. And third, the YG family had already known about her and Choi Seunghyun’s secret relationship. The worst thing that ruined her day was, YG’s president, Yang Hyun Suk, told her to break up with TOP or else 2ne1 and Big Bang will lose their jobs. Because of the physical and the emotional hardship that she’s encountering, she ran to the very top of YG Building at night to release the pain that she was hiding. For 3 years, Seunghyun and Bom had a very good relationship with each other. One time, Bom would call her Tabi at midnight just to tell him good night and she loves him very much. And sometimes, TOP would sneak into 2ne1’s waiting room to wish her good luck and to say that she’s very pretty. But now, when President Hyun Suk told her to break up with him, it feels like he’s saying that she should just go stab herself and die. Of course Bom doesn’t want to break up with TOP, but if she doesn’t, it will cause a major disaster for 2ne1 and Big Bang.

She leaned in on the rail and saw the beauty of Seoul at night. The cold breeze seeped into her skin which made her shiver for she is only wearing the dress that she wore during the concert.  After sometime, she felt something warm being wrapped around her waist. She turned around and saw her Tabi, smiling gently. She was surprised by his sudden appearance but when she looked at his eyes, it’s as if an angel was staring at her.

“Oh, Tabi…I-I didn’t know y-you were here!” she said as she wiped her tears harshly with her hands.

TOP raised a brow and eyed her suspiciously.

“What’s this? Oh—Bom! Were you hurt?” he asked, surprise within his eyes.

“A-Ani. I just s-slipped on the floor like a lot of times…” she said.

He then looked at Bom’s eyes.

“Were you…Crying?” he asked as he cupped her face with his strong but gentle hands.

“N-n-no I wasn’t! I j-just—I slept very late last night.” she stuttered.

TOP put on a frown and stared at her puffy eyes.

“Park Bom, we’ve been dating like 3 years now. I know you’re lying. Tell me, what’s the matter now? I don’t want to see my princess shedding tears…” he said softly as they sat on a bench overlooking the tall skyscrapers and the busy road with ant-like cars spinning and vrooming from the top-view.

When Bom explained everything to him, Seunghyun could not believe what he was hearing.

“So are you saying that you want to end us so that you wouldn’t hurt the others?!” TOP asked and raised his voice at her.

“It’s not like that, Seunghyun!” she too, raised her voice at him.

“Then what’s it like, Bom? WHAT?!” he stood up and yelled even more loudly.

There was a moment of silence. The cool breeze passed by again.

TOP sighed heavily.

“If that’s what you want, then I’m fine with it. We’re OVER, Park Bom.” he said with a cold tone as he left the building silently.

Bom was helpless. She felt so empty inside. After Seunghyun broke up with her, what else could happen wrong?

-------------

When TOP realized that he had broken up with the love of his life, he couldn’t help but cry his heart out loud. He drove home with tears flowing from his eyes endlessly.

He opened the dorm’s door and saw that Jiyong, Daesung and Taeyang were still awake. He ignored their presence and closed the door to his and Jiyong’s room harshly that it made a big bang.

Maknae Seungri, who was fast asleep, was startled by the noise which caused him to wake up.

The guys were also startled. It was very peculiar to see their Seunghyun hyung doing such mysterious things. He usually is very lively and fun to be with when he’s at home but now, it looks like he’s very mad.

“Hyung…What was that?” Seungri asked sleepily as he rubbed his eyes.

“I-I don’t know, Ri.” answered GD while eyeing the closed door.

One by one, the boys showed up behind the closed door and placed their ears to hear what was going on.

Soon, they heard some sniffing sounds from the inside.

“Is hyung crying?” whispered Daesung to Taeyang who just shrugged the question off.

“Maybe we should give him some time to rest, don’t you think, boys?” asked GD as he dragged the boys off of the door.

The boys were like “Aww.” or “C’mon hyung!” when GD dragged them back to the living room.

-------------

When TOP unlocked his phone, I=he saw a picture of them holding giant lollipops. He quickly turned off the phone and when he leaned to his side, he saw another picture of the two of them in a frame. It was taken during a photo shoot. The couple were holding hands and smiling happily. Seunghyun groaned loudly.

“AIIISSSHHH~!”

The boys was again startled by the loud noise.

“HYUNG~!” Daesung screamed.

Jiyong ran to the door and banged his hand on it several times.

“Hyung! Hyung! Open this door now!” Jiyong commanded.

Seunghyun felt like he was paralyzed so he couldn’t stand up or whatsoever. After a couple of minutes, Jiyong slammed the door and the door fell down revealing a silent, motionless Seunghyun.

“Hyung!” he looked at Seunghyun who’s back was facing them and who’s facing the wall.

He eyed his dongsaengs carefully. His eyes were very red and puffy and his face was glimmering with dried tears.

“H-hyung…” Seungri stuttered.

Seunghyun put down his head. “W-w-we…broke up.”

The boys patted his back and hugged their hyung tightly. But mostly, GD hugged him the longest. They have been best friends ever since Seunghyun set his foot on YG Building.

“Hyung…I’m so sorry for you…” said GD, feeling a bit guilty.

“It’s okay. It’s for our good though.” he said.

Our good?” asked Jiyong with a raised brow.

“W-well, President Hyun Suk knew about our relationship already and told her that she should b-break up with me or else 2ne1 and Big Bang would lose their j-jobs.” he explained as he wiped his tears again.

“So she broke up with you in order to save our careers?”

“Not exactly. I-I broke up with her coz I thought that she’d choose you guys than me. I didn’t want to say those painful goodbyes to her but…it just slipped off of my tongue.”

‘I don’t want to say goodbye to you. I don’t want you to leave me. I know I hurt you so I’m sorry. I hope you’ll forgive me, Bom.’ thought Seunghyun before he slept again.

-------------

Bom pushed the plate aside and stood up the chair, heading back to her room. The girls gave each other a mysterious look as they eyed Bom’s untouched food. Dara, too, stood up and told the girls that she would check her out. Bom and Dara had been friends ever since time began and it was really a coincidence when Bom’s best friend and Seunghyun’s best friend fell in love with each other.

Dara knocked on the door. “Bom unnie…”

“Mmm”

Dara opened the door and saw Bom wrapped around the thick covers, staring at the wall.

She went beside the lonely Bom and rubbed her arms for comfort.

“Jiyong called me already. He said that Ta—I mean, he locked himself all night in the room and Jiyong was forced to sleep on the couch.” said Dara.

“I-I-I don’t know, D-Dara…I-I didn’t really want us to break up. It was President Hyun Suk’s choice, not mine…” she mumbled as tears came up from her pretty eyes.

“Shh…It’s okay. It’s gonna be okay…”

“H-how come you guys? H-how come President Hyun Suk had approved your relationship? How come the VIPS and the Black jacks are so happy for you and not for us? W-we’ve done nothing wrong. We just wanted each other’s love…That’s it. That’s what I all want. Why can’t they give us the freedom for us to love each other?! WAE?!” Bom started to raise her voice.

Dara knew that this time would come. Day by day, she prayed that the couple wouldn’t be lead to different paths. But this time, it finally happened. It wasn’t Dara and Jiyong’s fault that President Hyun Suk had approved their relationship. It was actually surprising that he did that. But why can’t he do that to them?

Bom did have a point a while ago. They did no harm when they were in a relationship. The problem was that, TOP had to do some solo activities and it looked like he was a bit distracted in his career. Bom was also scheduled to do some solo activities to but her diet has just gone wrong. She was really thin back then but during these past few months, she became chubbier.

“Dara, I don’t know. I seriously am going to lose my mind if he’d leave me for good!” endless rivers of tears flowed from her eyes.

Dara couldn’t do anything but hug her. She needs her to be beside her side, especially when she falls into darkness.

“I’ll try calling Jiyong and discuss about this, Arasseo? Now, I want you to sleep now. Goodnight Bommie Unnie.” she greeted her as she switched off the lights and closed the door.