V

Please Don't Go

A  few weeks had passed since Luhan was singing in the corridor of the Crowned Prince of China. Not much has happened, just the same routine – singing Yifan to sleep, and waking him up by the sound of Luhan’s voice. The little angel can barely believe this is his daily routine, amongst other things.

Throughout his life, he’s always felt like utter . And now, he has someone that needs him. Yifan needs him to go to sleep, and to wake up. Or he’ll be in a bad mood. Never has Yifan gotten mad at Luhan since the incident in the spa. He can’t bear to see the younger’s face contort in sadness and pain. However, the young prince has always been bad with choosing his words.

 

 

 

Now, in the prince’s corridor, the two sit side by side, chatting away. However, Luhan has to tell the prince about his past. It’s now or never.

“Excuse me, would you mind if I tell you something?” He’ll judge me. Maybe I shouldn’t tell.

“No not at all. Tell me whatever you need to tell me. I want you to feel open around me, I don’t want you to feel like I’m caging you up.”

“O-okay. Here it goes… beforeimetyouandthecounciliwasforcedtosellmybodysoicanhaveenoughmoneytoeatandgetby.” Phew! I’m glad that’s over with.

“What? You spoke so fast I could barely catch a word you said.”

“It was hard to say. I guess I’m not ready to tell you yet.”

“Tell me what? Don’t tell me you were a ?” Oh wow, he hit that guess on point.

“O-of course not! Do I look like one to you?” This …

“N-no.  I was just joking.” Maybe you were joking, but I wasn’t. Story of my mothering life. >.>

“I don’t care. Jus-just go to sleep already. I’m not singing to you tonight.”

“Did I say something wrong?”

“No. You didn’t. It’s me. It’s always ing me.”

“What? I didn’t mean to get you on the wrong side. Just calm down.” This idiot really thinks I’m going to calm down. What the hell do I look like to him? A ? Ha!

“Calm down? Are you kidding me? You just accused me of being a , and you want me to calm down? So if I was a would you throw me out onto the streets? Huh? HUH? Hmph. How dare you…”

“Yes, calm down. There are people sleeping! Don’t twist things. If you were a , I probably would throw you out because people like them throw themselves away for money and pleasure even if they have it good!” This .

“Money? Pleasure? Okay, let me set one thing first. I was a , but I stopped. Because why? I got an opportunity. I was offered the position of singing to the Royal Family, and the Royal Council. And pleasure? Do you think I wanted to sell myself? No! I had to live on my own since I was mother-ing 9 years old. And I had to sell myself after my mother’s money ran out. We have it good? Yeah, okay. Some have it good. But you know what? I didn’t have it good. I had to sit alone at the table and eat by myself. I had to get relentlessly tortured and d because of my clients’ es. I had to cry myself to sleep because my father threw me and my mother out. I had to freaking have just to eat! Throw me out? Go ahead. I’d rather live in a ed up world than a perfect one ready to explode!”

Saying what he needed to say felt really good to Luhan. He could finally express himself. No more bottles, and no more strings. Just free. He let out all his feelings. Even though he doesn’t know the prince well, he knows the Queen well. So even if Yifan kicked him out, he could just work for the Council. Singing to the prince is voluntary – simply just a favor that was asked by the Queen.

“I-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to say what I did. I guess I just can’t say things right, can I?”

“No, you can’t.” And as furious as Luhan was, he couldn’t deny the prince. The prince didn’t know about his past, so it wasn’t his fault. “And sorry? Yeah, I’ll deal with that for now. But next time you accuse me, I’m done.”

 

 

“Morning! ~” Wow, he’s cheeky this morning.

“Um, good morning?” I didn’t think he’d be happy after I accused him. Well, this is going well..

“Breakfast is already on the platter under the window so it could cool down. Shall I sing?”

“G-go for it.” There it is again. The twinkle in his eyes. The spark that makes my knees weak. “Wait. After breakfast, sing to me.”

Luhan made his way across the room, along with the Crowned Prince trailing behind him. Set upon the table were noodles and glazed chicken, with vegetables and fruits set on the side. The food looked good, but do you know what looks better? The naïve baby deer sitting across the table, eyes fixated on the spread before him.

Picking up his chopsticks to eat, Yifan began a conversation.

“Sooooooooooooooooooo, how was your day?” How was your day? Are you kidding me? -_-

“The day just began. It’s kind of hard to respond to that question since nothing has happened yet.” Norly? Of course the day just began. I’m just being an idiot over here asking something that should be asked at dinner. Ohhhh, how the world hates me right now… >.>

“O-oh yeah, that’s right! How was your sleep?” How was your sleep? What the hell! Nothing happens when you sleep. It’s not like he was levitating above his bed singing himself a lullaby.

“It was fine, I guess. I had a wei… weir – WEIRD dream, though!” Luhan stuttered. And he stuttered more than once. In one sentence.

This must be interesting. “What was it about?” Curiosity kills the cat they say.

“Wellllllll…………… I kind of k. ki. kiss… k-kissed y-you.”

Darkness.

That was what enveloped the entire room. He dreamt of kissing me. Luhan. He dreamt of kissing me. He dreamt of kissing me. YES YES YES! HE DREAMT OF KISSING ME!

Hold up brain. If he dreamt of kissing me, is that his subconscious telling him he wants to kiss me?

“O-okay. Not a big deal. Since you told me something important, can I tell you something important?”

“Yeah, of course.”

“I’m lonely. I loved someone… once. Never again will I feel that. Never again will I feel someone pressed up against my chest. Never again will I kiss someone’s nose and tell them I love them. Never again will I call somebody my angel, my one and only, my eternal love. I’ve tried to trust people, but it just gets harder. I try to let people in, but they end up stabbing my heart, making it shatter once more.”

Tears began to trail down Yifan’s cheek.

“I need someone to love me, someone to hold me when I’m sad, someone to sing me a song to make me feel better, someone to protect my heart from all the hurt, someone to tell me to face reality, and someone to push me up against the wall and tell me to ‘lose the attitude’. I just need someone. So please…. Don’t go.”

There it was. Those last three words make him sound pitiful. Weak. Breakable.

Even though he was, he didn’t like show it to people. He kept it all inside. Having people think he’s a cold tower is better than being called a disgrace for not being able to satisfy his lover.

Everything that is wrong with Yifan trails back to him. The one person that can change everything. If he waltzed back into Yifan’s life, he’d probably just take him back. Like nothing is wrong. Though, everyone knows everything is wrong.

“It’s almost scary, isn’t it? The way that sadness doesn’t only settle in your body, but the way that it completely takes over every part of you – the fact that even when you’re happy, that sadness is still there, lurking throughout your body, just waiting. To show itself – yet again. A smile may be there, but that doesn’t mean that pain isn’t present.” Luhan said, smiling at how professional he sounded.

 Wow, he sounds like a therapist.

The tears just kept flowing. And flowing. Aaaaaand flowing. Luhan and Yifan figured out they both needed the release of emotions.

“I’ll teach you.” This is going to work. I am going to teach him how to love.

“T-teach me what?” Yifan was genuinely curious. What could this boy teach him that he didn’t already know?

“How to love. If you need me, I’ll be there. I’ll be the hymn that plays upon your lips. I’ll be the voices that trail along the winds that blow upon your body. I’ll be the oxygen that makes you feel truly alive. I’ll be the adrenaline that makes you strive. I’ll be your aria of perseverance. I’ll be your hymn of valor. I’ll love you more than you could even love me. I’ll be the warmth that keeps you sane. I’ll love you, forever. Eternally. I just need one thing from you..”

“And what might that be?” Yifan’s tone of voice suggested that he was cocky. However, Luhan knew that Yifan meant to sound interested and loving.

“Acceptance. I need you to accept my feelings like I accept you, and all of your broken glass. I’ll repair the glass, so that the sun may shine through it clearly and pristinely. I will be happy for you no matter what happens. I will never leave your side. I will stay by you through everything the world throws at us that. We will stay together through the things that are meant to tear us apart. I will love you, forever. Eternally.

“Xiao Lu Han, I think you just asked me out… am I wrong?” Oh wow, of course he s up a moment like this…

Yifan chose that moment to add a bit of humor. He figured that a some laughter could lighten up the mood. Also, he liked the sound of Luhan’s mesmerizing laugh,

“W-what? No! I was just offering words of comfort… y’know ~ “ .

“It’s okay. You don’t have to deny your longing love for me. I accept you!” What? Did he just say he accepted me?

“So we have a deal then?”

“Definitely.”

“So I guess we’re dating now?”  Luhan was genuinely anxious. He just confessed his feelings to the Crowned Prince of China. How more curious can you get?

 

 

 

It was a nice day outside. The sun was piercing the clouds, shining through rather brightly. The wind was breezing, setting a cool, windy tone. The ground was flushing with greenery, and the cutest Royal Couple was walking outside.

“It’s a beautiful day, isn’t it?” Luhan began the conversation to avoid an awkward silence with his boyfriend.

“Yeah, it is. Though, I think we should do something. After all, we are dating now.” He said it. He said we’re dating. WOOP WOOP WOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!?!?

“Do you want to go to the beach? Sit outside?”

“Ummm, can we just sit and talk?” Luhan, being the naïve boy he is, doesn’t know that the maid service will be arriving soon.

“Sure, but, what are we gonna talk about?” Even a sentence like that sounds y. Wait, no, shut up brain!

“The past.”

 


 

Sorry for the long wait. I was really busy and I was trying to write for my new story, but it didn't work out because I messed up on one of the plot lines and akjsdfksdjf just busy in general ^_^ I'm done now with the things I need to do so I'll update weekly? Maybe, idk. Also, sorry, no Chinese today. Ehh, didn't find a place to incorporate it. :(

 

"before I met you and the council I was forced to sell my body so I can have enough money to eat and get by." <--- What Luhan said when he was speaking really fast ^,^