I

Please Don't Go

One.

Two.

Three.

That is how long it took for me to fall in love with this peasant, as much as I hated it. His voice was just so enchanting. I tried to resist his melodious voice, but it was impossible. How can anyone hold their barriers up against this peasant-boy? I had to. I will not be betrayed again, I won't allow it. No one can break down my wall, nobody.

I am Crowned Prince Wu Yifan, of the Wu Dynasty. I loved someone... once. Never again will I allow myself to feel that pain. My heart can only beat for one person, and now, that one person is gone. That one person stole my heart from my willing chest, and shattered it to pieces. Completely broke it, beyond repair. Now, my heart is frozen. Unmeltable.

No one will be able to mend my broken heart, not even time. Time is the reason why my heart shattered. I wasted too much time. Just thinking of that word makes me cringe. Time. Time. Time. That word shattered my everything, my love, my heart. I wasted this word too much and allowed my only love to slip away from my grasp.

I'll never be able to feel his warmth again, his soft, full lips against my own, see his porcelain skin. Never again. I hate it, how much I loved him, and how he just threw everything we had, away. 

Now, my heart can never be broken. It's been hurt too much that it froze, the only thing it does is pump blood through my ungraceful body. I will forever live in sorrow and pain, only letting a few strips of light brighten up my darkness from time to time. I won't ever smile again, not after.. him.

What's the difference now? I never let anyone melt my heart after him, but why is this guy so different? Why should I fall for this guy? He's the absolute opposite of me;

Poor.

Feminine.

Angelic.

Bright.

I never met anyone that could be so happy with those qualities. How can anyone be happy whilist being poor? Is he even human? If I was in his shoes, I would have ended it all a long time ago.

I should have ended it that day. The day he broke my heart. The day he decided that it was time to go seperate ways. The day he shattered everything. I don't know what stopped me-but I couldn't leave the world that day. I wanted to, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I was so close, but then something happened. Something stopped me from ending the sorrow and pain that I felt.

My thoughts.

Did I not give him what he needed? Was I not good enough for him? Should I let him win? Maybe I should... I can't live with this pain. This guilt. This sorrow. It's impossible. I don't want to live this horrible life, I don't want to deal with all of these... feelings. 

Somehow, I stopped. I didn't want him to win. I can never let him win. But, I didn't even realize he had already won. He won the day I even thought about committing suicide. He won the day my world shattered before my eyes.

All it took for my world to shatter were these four words that came out of his mouth.

"I don't love you.

Those words... those fateful words broke everything. I guess I should have expected it. He always told me this one phrase:

"If I ever fall in love with someone else,

I'll pick that person because if I really loved you,

I wouldn't have fallen for that other person."

It wasn't until that day that I realized he found that other person. His other half. I thought I was his other half, but I guess I thought wrong. I thought I was his moon, and he was my sun. I thought I was the only person his heart beated for. I thought I was the only one that could make him smile. I was wrong.

After all of that, why is my heart being tender towards this frail peasant-boy? He's just a peasant that was lucky enough to be called by the Royal Council to perform. Yeah, that's right. All he is, is lucky. Nothing more, nothing less. Just.. simply.. lucky.

"Good evening, Royal Council of Advisors and Royal Wu Family. I am nothing more but a peasant, but this opportunity was too good to pass up. I apologize if my voice isn't good enough for this audience. I can only hope you can accept my voice. Please sit back in your seats and enjoy, if possible." said this frail, feminine looking boy.

"Does The Peasant have a name?" I thoughtlessly said. I don't even know why I said it. I don't care about his name, he's probably going to anyways. The Royal Council of Advisors always picks ty singers to make fun of for entertainment. So I guess this one is just another one of those people, another one of the RCoA's play toys.

"L-Luhan. Xiao Lu Han."

"Well then, Xiao Luhan, contine with your performance." said my mother. I wonder why she even cared. She laughs at all the other acts, but now she seems serious. I can tell she's reading him, after all, that was her talent. Her ability. She could look into your eyes and see your fate, what you were destined to do. I guess she saw that was a destined performer.

In came in a guitarist that looked really old, and a pianoist that looked old, as well. In between these old people, was this boy by the name of Xiao Luhan. His baby face enchanting the council. I can see it, the way they look at him. The way their eyes are being entranced. Then he began to sing, and fill up the room with his angelic, melodious voice.

"Share my life, take me for what I am
'Cause I'll never change all my colours for you
Take my love, I'll never ask for too much
Just all that you are and everything that you do

I don't really need to look very much further
I don't wanna have to go where you don't follow
I won't hold it back again, this passion inside
Can't run from myself
There's nowhere to hide

Don't make me close one more door
I don't wanna hurt anymore
Stay in my arms if you dare
Or must I imagine you there
Don't walk away from me...
I have nothing, nothing, nothing
If I don't have you, you, you, you, you.

You see through right to the heart of me
You break down my walls with the strength of your love
I never knew love like I've known it with you
Will a memory survive, one I can hold on to

I don't really need to look very much further
I don't wanna have to go where you don't follow
I won't hold it back again, this passion inside
I can't run from myself
There's nowhere to hide
Your love I'll remember forever

Don't make me close one more door
I don't wanna hurt anymore
Stay in my arms if you dare
Or must I imagine you there
Don't walk away from me...
I have nothing, nothing, nothing...

Don't make me close one more door
I don't wanna hurt anymore
Stay in my arms if you dare
Or must I imagine you there
Don't walk away from me, no.
Don't walk away from me
Don't you dare walk away from me
I have nothing, nothing, nothing
If I don't have you, you,
If I don't have you, oh, ooh, ooh."

 

When he finished, something within my chest ignited, almost setting my body ablaze. I can feel it's warmth, it's push, what is it?


A/N: I realize that Whitney Houston wasn't alive by then, let alone in China. I was listening to this Ailee singing, "I Have Nothing by 휘트니 휴스턴." So I just thought it would be a good thing for Lulu to sing it. <3