IV

Please Don't Go

 

It had been a few weeks since the incident with the peasant boy and the Queen, and the young prince was torn up about it. He didn’t know whether or not to actually apologize to both his mother and the mesmerizing Luhan. He kind of already figured that since he did that*, that there wouldn’t be any problems.

 

 

 

But he was wrong. The latter was still upset over the incident. After all, all he did was sing a song as he was told, even though he came off as a e. All the accusations that were thrown at him, had broken him down. He built up a wall like his mother had said, so he can never get hurt because he was, amongst all that he was, a peasant.

It’s not like his mother wanted to raise him alone, it just happened that way. His father disowned both of them after she gave birth to Luhan, exiling both of them into a life of poverty and sorrow. His mother sunk into an ocean of depression, hanging herself when the little boy was just 7 years old – rendering him alone; to fend for himself.

He learned early on that life was cruel from an early age – having to sell himself to get enough money to eat, living amongst flies, and sleeping in the bed of those that bought him – ; all those things that happened to him made him who he was. They made him an innocent looking little boy that needed to be taken care of, but little did his clients know that the only one that needed to be taken care of was them.

Having to live the life of a allowed him to be strong. He needed to get a better life, a life more than just for money. And he knew just how to do it – sing for the Royal Council of Advisors. He heard that they needed a new singer to put them at ease when working, since the previous one had gotten too old.

 

 

 

That was all that he needed to survive. Now, he is dressing in silk robes, eating fruits and vegetables every day, eating meat every day. That was a rare thing for a lord to do, let alone a peasant boy that just sang. Nonetheless, he was happy. He had gotten the opportunity to live well, and to sing for the Prince.

Oh, the Crowned Prince of China – how much Luhan adored the person couldn’t even be put into words. Luhan practically gawked at him every time he even walked by him, melting when he stared at him with those deep, brown eyes. He never knew he had an interest for brown eyes, after all, he had blue eyes himself and was told that only people with blue eyes fall in love.

He guessed that was true. He heard the story of how the unfortunate prince was betrayed by his lover, with his best friend. Now the prince cannot love again. Luhan is determined to show the prince that love does exist, that love is possible, and most of all, that love lasts forever.

 

***

 

“Excuse me, is anyone here?” Luhan heard a voice outside the door of his residence. Who would be knocking on his door at this hour? Was it the prince? He guessed that the only way to find out was to open the door.

“Hello?” The moonlight blasted the singer, causing him to shut his eyes almost immediately. He managed to open them when the moon had become covered by a cloud.

Oh. My. Buddha. What is he doing here? Didn’t he reject me? What the hell is going on? Does he want to make me feel like again telling me I am a ? A bad singer? Hmph!

Luhan’s mind had become filled with thoughts. What in the world is the Crowned Prince of China, the one that rejected him, doing on his doorstep at midnight?

“I just wanted to apologize for what I did. I didn’t have a right to speak to you like that. You were just following orders.” The young prince managed to stammer out all the words. Well, he kind of practiced looking at the pond for 3 hours, repeating lines over and over.

“Please accept my apology.” Okay, am I crazy or is the Crowned Prince apologizing to me?

Honey, it’s okay. I know why you rejected me. Just let me show you, let me sing to you. If you let me do that, I’ll forgive you. One chance is all I ask.” Confident. That word is what described the young boy right now.

“D-did you just call me honey?”

“Um, yeah, sorry. I guess it kind of came out. You don’t have to get used to it though, I promise I won’t call you that again!” Am I retarded? What the hell… why did I call him honey. He has been shattered for god sakes! Come on Luhan, grow a brain!

“What a shame, I was hoping to get used to that nickname. I guess now I can’t call you honey back. I’d love to give you a chance, but just a few promises. Promise you won’t hurt me. I have been through too much of that. Second, promise not to fall for me. If you fall for me, I might hurt you. Thirdly and lastly, promise to sing to me every night so I can go to sleep knowing that at least someone cares.”

“I can do that. Have a good night, Crowned Prince.”

“Oh please, call me honey.” The young prince proudly said with a smirk.

“Oh, before I go back to my quarters, 晚安, 做个好梦.”

Did he just say what I think he just said?

The little boy would have fainted if he didn’t grip onto the door. Those words… that phrase. He could literally scream at the top of his little lungs at how happy he was.

I can’t keep those promises, though. I know I will hurt you. I just know it. I feel it in my heart. Something is going to happen, and you’ll get hurt because of me. I can’t say I won’t fall for you because I already have. I yearn for you, but you don’t know it yet. I’ll sing to you, not because you asked me to, because I want to. And I don’t care about you. That doesn’t even begin to describe what I feel about you.

 

***

 

The young prince woke up. Not from a nightmare, to his surprise, but to a song. He doesn’t remember calling Luhan here in the morning.

“Oh, I see you’re awake. I’m sorry, but I came in early and began to sing to you so you’ll wake up feeling refreshed. I hope that isn’t a problem, honey.

“No, no, not at all. Thank you. Really.” There that word is again. That one word that chains him from telling the boy to go away so he doesn’t feel that pang in his chest again – his heart speeding up, his breath hitching, and stuttering.

“Shall I continue?” The little boy was dressed in an outfit that made him look like a king. He was dressed in a robe that was embroidered with red silk, outlining the attire. Designing the robe was a golden rose, laid in the center, and cherry blossoms falling from a tree that rested on the singer’s shoulder.

“G-Go ahead.” , I’m stuttering again.

 

My love is like a red rose

It may be beautiful now
But my sharp thorns will hurt you
My love is like a red rose
Yes, I may be fragrant
But the closer you get, the more I’ll hurt you

Don’t look at me with that light glance
Don’t speak of love easily
If you want my heart, you need to take my pain too
Because you will be pricked by my thorns someday

 Don’t trust me too much
You don’t know me that well yet
So just run away run away
I said ooh ooh ooh
Don’t love me
You don’t know me that well yet
I said run away just run away
Don’t come to me

Seeing your confidence makes me feel so bad for you
Your confident footsteps toward me looks so pitiful today
Emotions? That’s an extravagance to me
Love? That’s Obsession’s best friend
So run away just run away

Because you and I must come to an end

Every rose has its thorn
Every rose has its thorn
Every rose has its thorn

 

OTL IT LOOKED LONGER IN WORD >< Anyways, here is the Chinese Word (s) of the Chapter!

晚安, 做个好梦 (WAHN . AHN , ZTOH . GIUH . HAO . MOUNG.) - Good night, sweet dreams. Typically, in Mandarin, we don't say that phrase. We just say have a good night. I just wanted to be saucy and use sweet dreams since people that speak English usually wish that phrase upon those they love? IDK OTL LOL 

Oh by the way, notice that I had an astrick at the "that" part so you knew when I would explain what "that" was. If you don't have any idea what I'm talking about, go back and check ♡

Anyways, hope you enjoyed the chapter. Sorry, no crying in this chapter because I just needed to get this step in their "relationship" overwith. ♡

Song is called, Rose and it is sung by the beautiful and talented Lee Hi ♡