02. Detention

Being His Bodyguard is NOT EASY

 

chapter two; 
                 Detention

Image

» Next Day

 
You slump onto the bed and when right to sleep after taking care of your mom alone till night while your brother is busy working as a waiter at a famous restaurant.
 
The next day, your phone alarm keeps ringing,playing 'TaeTiSeo-Baby Steps' for almost a million times. You switch it off and went back to sleep...
 
You quickly sit up upon seeing the time which indicates 8:55.
 
"OMG! I'M SO FREAKING LATE!! I HAVE TO BE THERE BY NINE AND PLEASE LET THERE BE NO TRAFFIC JAM!" You exclaim in panic as you took a quick bath and change into your uniforms.
 
The moment you finish locking the door, you sprint as fast as you could as if you're running after your idol even ignoring your friendly neighbour who greeted you.
 
You walk back and forth impatiently waiting for the bus to come. You check your watch and its shows 858.
 
",I'm really gonna be late." You muttered under your breath when suddenly a familiar voice was heard.
 
You raise your face to see the owner of the bike is Ray, the guy you hates the most in cclown. You just hate him since the day you enter into this school and you don't even know the reason why.
 
 
 
"I can't believe i am saying this but get on. We may still have time to reach school." said Ray as he lift up his helmet cover.
 
You look at the time and see if the bus is reaching but unfortunately its full of people in the bus so you have to ride on the bike like it or not.
 
You wore the safety helmet as you close your eyes and only holding Ray hoodie as a support.
 
Ray purposely drives fast over taking the other cars while you grip onto his waist tightly.
 
 
 
By the time you reach school,the school bell already rangs and that means you're late.
 
Before you knew it, you're in the principal office. His eyes staring deeply into Ray eyes but then slightly smile when he sees you.
 
"Haeri,this is the first time i have ever see your name on the late coming attendance. What's the reason you're late?" ask Mr Kim.
 
" I ... I was taking care of my mother at the hospital yesterday. I'm so sorry for my lateness please forgive me and i promise you this incident won't happen again."
 
Mr Kim sigh and turn to Ray. " Do i even have to explain? Just give me a demerit already and stop wasting my time" said Ray rudely.
 
Mr Kim cough and blink his eyes,sad by what Ray just said. " Okay, To prevent this thing from happening again, i will see you both at the detention room at 150 SHARP! Fail to report will result in 90 hours of community work or worse you won't be able to take exam at end of year. So,like it or not You two better be there." 
 
"BUT-" Both of you and Ray sentences was cut off by Mr Kim.
 
 
 
Before you both went to separate classes, You thank him but he just shrug his shoulders and left.
 
Your school has this policy whereby, girls and boys have separate class which only boys in one class and girls in the other class. The only time where girls and boys from same class meet together is during Recess time, Pe and during announcements or events stuff in your different class.
 
Class 3-2(G)
 
"Idiot,Waste my breath thanking him." You slowly walk back to class. The moment you went in there was alot of whisper and the girls was looking at you suspiciously.
 
"Ri Ri, Thank god you come! I almost have to sit beside Hani,that weird nerdy girl." said Sora hugging you.
 
You uneasily sit at the back of the class with Sora with all the 'sharp like claws eyes' glare at you as if you're a criminal.
 
One girl infront of you smile at you as she pass the English worksheet to you.
 
*SHE'S SO BEAUTIFUL! HER SMILE TOO!* You talk in your mind.
 
 
 
Recess
 
"The quiz is so difficult!! My eyes is hurting seeing all the english unknown words" Sora rub her eyes that is not even itchy.
 
" Stop whining, It's you who is lazy. Go and find an vacant place for us to sit. What do you want?" You ask.
 
" Fish and Chips and Fruit Punch." said Sora while she plays ' Battle Cats' on her iPhone as she soon as she found a seat.
 
"One fish & chips and Fruit Punch. One  Fishball noodle soup and Apple Mint. Please separate it, ahjumma. Kamsahamnida." You speak as you give the money.
 
Again, all the squealing is back and you know who just walk in the canteen.
 
Unlike in some dramas, where all the flower boys are very serious and don't really smile to their fans at school. CClown is the opposite, They can be serious some times but they are really friendly. That's what make girls attracted to them as they are comfortable to talk to and they make the boys want to be like them. EXCEPT THAT ONE PERSON who spoils the whole group image who acts all cool but yet girls still likes him.
 
 
 
While you're busy eating, the girl who smiles at you earlier approach your table.
 
"Ermmm... Do... you mind if i sit with guys? There seems like no place left for me to eat my lunch." said Hyeri very innocently.
 
" You don't see our names written on it right?" said Sora as she roll her eyes.
 
Hyeri return back with a piercing glare but both of them don't notice it.
 
"SORA! Sure, help yourself. Wow, did you make it yourself?" You ask amazed by the creative garden-like design meal on Hyeri lunchbox.
 
"Ne. Would you like to taste some?" offer Hyeri.
 
"No thanks. Can i ask, are you a new student?" you ask.
 
"Me? Aniya, It's just i was on a long term holiday with my family because of personal business."
 
"Ahhh, i see. No wonder i don't see you around that often. Eat slowly,there's still time left." You finish up your drink before putting it into the 'bins'.
 
Sora was quite along the way back to class as she watch you and Hyeri very closely. Especially Hyeri.
 
Before the lesson starts, T.K visit your class with Maru following him.
 
"Haeri-ah, Come here for awhile." called T.K like an expert covering his face and Maru with a Doraemon and Ultraman hoodie.
 
"You scares the wit out of me! What is it?" you lean closer to hear what T.K said. Maru look at them curiously as they are too close from far.
 
"Oppa will take care of mom for today. So go and rest after school. Look all your eyebags."whisper T.K
 
"Oppa, How do you know i have eyebags? You can't even see me with that Ultraman face. Thank you so much but i will be back late today because of detention. I think you better go before the bell rings. See you at home."
 
 
 
School ended and you drag your feet on the way to the detention room. As this is the first time you ever step foot into the detention, You always were early for school and not once have you broke the school rule but maybe today was just not  your day. Detention alone is fine but to be all alone with Ray in one room, you could kill yourself.
 
 
 
"What a surprise! You two really came. Anyway, how strange is that nobody creates trouble today. Since the principal is busy attending a meeting, i want you two to clean this room till its extremely neat with not even one dust. Enjoy cleaning cause you will really need it. 
 
You grab the bucket which is full of soap and water, wet the towel with the water and started cleaning the table first since the windows is already clean.
 
Ray plug in his earpiece and the volume is on full blast as he sits doing nothing except lying down on the table.
 
" YAH, IF YOU CONTINUE TO SLEEP, I WILL REPORT IT TO THE PRINCIPAL! " You raise your voice, kicking his table. He didn't budge at all instead he is busy playing with his phone,tweeting...
 
You ignore him and continue wiping off marks on the table.
 
One hour pass with silence and awkwardness.
 
" What do you think of us?" Ray suddenly speak up.
 
"Are... you talking to me?" 
 
"Like duh, i can't be talking to the wall. Babo!" 
 
"I am not a BABO! Your fellow bestfriends is very funny and fun to be with. I gotta said that cheerful side is what maybe attracts attention of all girls but sadly they got a friend like you."
 
" So what do you think of me then? A jerk, idiot?"
 
"That and... annoying, acts as if you're that cool and yet many people admires you. I don't know what the girls in my class see in you. You're not even that handsome." You continue cleaning the last speck on the table.
 
Out of a sudden, Ray move towards you and 'pin' you down on the wall as his lips almost close to yours.
 
"W...W...What do you think...you..you're doing? There's still lot of cleaning to do." You tilt your head to the side avoiding his lips from touching yours as your face become ultimately 'red'.
 
" Am i handsome up close now? You're face is so red." said Ray.
 
"No...You're not. So what if my face is red huh? Move away from me JERK." You tried to push him away but he purposely move you closer to him and you close your eyes while covering your mouth.
 
Ray laughs seeing you reaction.
 
"Why are you laughing? It is not even funny."
 
" Do you really think that i am gonna kiss you? Haha, you are far from my type." said Ray laughing again.
 
"Shaddap! You're not my type either and why are you suddenly talking to me as if i'm your bestfriend?" you ask curious.
 
"That's a secret, for me to know and for you to find out. See you tomorrow, little princess. I will put in a good word for you to the principal." said Ray widely smiling on his way out.
 
Sora went right in after watching Ray leave.
 
"What just happen? Did he kiss you?" ask Sora.
 
"AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! WHY IS THERE SUCH GUY IN THIS WORLD? I HATE YOU KIM HYUNIL" You shout as you took your schoolbag and went home.


 

Image

 

 

 AUTHOR'S NOTES

 

So, What do you think of this chapter? I hope you all like it and this maybe my last update till my exams end.
 
Comment and Subscribe , especially comment so that i can improve more on my stories.
 

<3<3<3<3<3 Layout Credit<3<3<3<3<3