The Competition

Right here waiting

 

Hey guys!  I got a new update for all of you!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Chapter 7 “The competition”

 

 

 

 

By the time sungmin came to the classroom the teacher just came in too. Still dazed from the letter he received he didn’t hear kyuhyun calling him.

“hey min! min!” sungmin took notice only when kyuhyun tapped his shoulder with a pen.

“huh? What?”

“your book. The teacher asked us to answer an activity page 31.” Kyuhyun handed sungmin his book

Sungmin decided to set aside his thoughts about the letter and focused on the activity given. He didn’t notice kyuhyun’s worried glances.

For the rest of the week sungmin kept getting notes in his locker. He started to suspect kai because he was the only one who he knows that has taken a liking to him. The letters he could bare but the constant need of attention, he absolutely cannot. Kai kept on hanging around sungmin ever since the day he confessed, taking every opportunity to show sungmin his feelings.

 

 DURING LUNCH TIME

 

“hyung~ do you want something to drink? I can buy it for you..”

“it’s ok kai. I have water with me” sungmin held up the water bottle and showed it to kai.

“ok then I’ll just get you some juice” before sungmin could respond kai had already jumped to his feet and headed to the vending machine.

“what am I going to do with him?” sungmin sighed and looked around for kyuhyun. He would always go somewhere during lunch with donghae and sungmin didn’t know where. It’s not that he minded and it’s definitely not because he misses him.. not at all. They would still go to school and go home together so it’s ok. But the thing that bothers him is kyuhyun doesn’t tell him where or what is he doing. And he’s hesitant to ask and he didn’t know why.

“where is kyuhyun again?” sungmin asked eunhyuk

“how should I know? He always disappears and he doesn’t forget to bring my hae with him” eunhyuk sulked

“my hae?” sungmin raised an eyebrow

“what? Is it against the law to call him that?”eunhyuk raised an eyebrow back

“nope not at all. I’m just wondering, do you like him?” sungmin took this chance to ask eunhyuk about his feelings. He promised to help donghae after all so he should stick to his promise. The two have been hanging out after class to practice for their performance for the talent competiton.

“uhm… actually… “eunhyuk started to hesitate at that intrigued sungmin.

“actually… i wasn’t really planning on telling anyone because I’m insecure but since it’s you hyung I’ll tell you.. I do like him hyung. But I’m not sure about his feelings. He’s sweet but he’s also sweet to you and kyu. I don’t know why he has to bring donghae with him.” Eunhyuk pouted.

“That’s why I’m insecure so I’ve decided.  I’m planning to do something for him tomorrow at the competition.”Eunhyuk had a determined look and nodded his head at sungmin.

“well I hope it works out for you hyuk…” sungmin smiled.

“hyung~ I got it. Someone wanted the same thing but I got it for you. Wait I’m gonna get an apple” kai once again ran off without waiting for sungmin’s reply.

“I actually already have an apple” sungmin said getting the apple from his bag. It was from his ‘prince’ he saw it in his locker on the way to the cafeteria.

Suddenly donghae plopped down beside eunhyuk startling them. “where have you been? Where’s kyuhyun?”

“ah he still doing something. He’ll just meet us in class.”donghae sighed but immediately smiled when eunhyuk offered him a strawberry milk.

“did he eat anything?” sungmin inquired

Donghae nodded “yup! He ate an apple.”

 ‘just an apple?’ sungmin thought to himself and frowned.

When kai came, he wasn’t able to buy an apple because they apparently were out of apples. They decided to go back to class.

 

AFTER CLASS

 

“ok class.. tomorrow will be the talent competition. I want to say good luck to the participants. You’re dismissed.” The teacher smiled and left the room.

As sungmin was preparing his stuff, kyuhyun tapped he’s shoulder.

“I’ll meet you at the gate. I have to get something I forgot” sungmin just nodded

As sungmin was walking towards the gate someone called him and he didn’t need to turn around to know who it was.

“hyung~” kai went up an back hugged sungmin. “I’m nervous for tomorrow”

sungmin removed his hands, turned around and smiled. “You’ll do great. You can do it”

“am I interrupting something?” kyuhyun walked up to kai and sungmin

“nothing kyuhyun hyung. I was just saying goodbye.” Kai waved and walked away.

“let’s go” kyuhyun took sungmin’s hand and started walking.

When they reached sungmin’s house, he let go of sungmin’s hand muttered a goodbye and walked away. Sungmin frowned. That night the message he received deepened he’s frown.

From: kyu

To: min

Good night.

 

 

THE DAY OF THE COMPETITION

 

That morning sungmin went to school with eunhyuk and donghae. Kyuhyun texted him saying he’ll just meet them at school.

When they arrived at school, all the students headed straight to the gymnasium. Everyone is excited to see what talents are gonna be presented. But sungmin decided to pass by his locker first. He had a feeling that his ‘prince’ might have left a letter. And he was right.

 

MY minnie~

Everything I do. I do it for you.

Meet me after the competition.

I’ll be waiting by the tree behind the cafeteria.

YOUR prince <3

 

‘what does this mean? Hell finally meet his prince?’ sungmin wondered but can’t deny he had felt a weird feeling in his stomach when he read the note. Shrugging the feeling away, he walked towards the gymnasium. Sungmin kept on searching for kyuhyun in the crowd. He was currently alone since eunhyuk and dongahe are performing. And kai had greeted him before going back stage to practice. The show was starting but kyuhyun is still nowhere to be found.

During the performances sungmin just clapped after every performance. When it was kai’s performance he kept trying to hide because kai kept on looking at him while dancing to the song ‘History’ by EXO. He ended his performance by putting his right hand on his chest then pointed at sungmin. After kai’s performance, eunhyuk and donghae was up next.

For eunhyuk and donghae’s performance, they danced and sang to the song ‘I wanna love you’. He danced so perfectly that a lot of girls were swooning. When the song ended they were facing each other and eunhyuk took the chance to whisper to donghae “I wanna love you” making donghae blush and walk towards the backstage in a hurry.

“hae, wait.” Eunhyuk took donghae’s hand and made him look up.

“meet me later at the park. I have something important to tell you” he kissed donghae’s hand then walked out.

The host of the program was about to announce the final performance. Sungmin can’t take watching the performance alone and was about to stand up and go look for kyuhyun when the host’s words halted his action.

“please welcome! Our final performer, Cho Kyuhyun” the audience applauded kyuhyun as he walked to the middle of the stage. Sungmin sat back down and watched kyuhyun with wide eyes. Kyuhyun was wearing a black tux and white tie. He looked at sungmin’s direction and smiled. He sang ‘no one else comes close’.

 

When we turn out the lights

The two of us alone together

 

Something's just not right

 

But girl, you know that I would never

 

Ever let another's touch come between the two of us

 

'Coz no one else will ever take your place

 

At this words, kyuhyun's eyes never left sungmin.

 

 

No one else comes close to you

No one makes me feel the way you do

 

You're so special, girl, to me

 

And you'll always be eternally

Every time I hold you near

You always say the words I love to hear

Girl, with just one touch you can do so much

No one else comes close

And when I wake up to

The touch of your head on my shoulder

You're my dream come true, yeah

Oh girl, you know I'll always treasure

Every kiss, every day I love you, girl, in every way

And I always will 'coz in my eyes

No one else comes close to you

No one makes me feel the way you do

You're so special, girl, to me

And you'll always be eternally

Every time I hold you near

You always say the words I love to hear, babe

Girl, with just a touch, you can do so much

No one else comes close

Oh girl, no one else comes close

 

The girls were not the only one who fell in love with his voice. Sungmin had a hard time looking away from those captivating brown eyes. When the song ended kyuhyun said his final words like a whisper while looking at sungmin's eyes,

 ‘damn I love you’.

 

It took sungmin’s breath away.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

annyeong!!! hope you liked the latest update... just 2 more chapters and this will be complete.....

see you on the next update :)

XOXO