Competition

Spring ♥

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GLb3SyFIUw

Heirs Ost (I'm Saying) - Lee Hong Ki (FT. Island)

When both you and L.Joe reached the house, he quickly pulled you out and swiftly went to the backyard. he looked left and right and looked up. He called your brother and you saw him outside your room's porch. Your brother pulled down a rope and asked you to come up. You grabbed the rope and he pulled you up. You looked down to L.Joe who was looking out any signs of anyone coming. As soon as you reached the top, your brother told you the plan and you listened carefully. Just then, both you and your brother heard footsteps approaching outside your room. You quickly grabbed your pyjamas and changed in your toilet. The door clicked opened and your father came in.

"Is she still in the toilet?" Your father sked your brother.

"Uh..yeah. Jieun ah, are you done?" Min Ho called out.

"Uh...y..yeah...I'll be out in a minute," You said while changing into your pyjamas.

You tried to calm down and slowly opened the door. You saw your father's back from the sofa he was sitting. You made eye contact with Min Ho who was sitting at your study table. He urged you to go towards him and you walked slowly to him.

"Appa..," You called your father.

"Oh..is your stomach still in pain?" Your father asked in a firm tone.

"....No..," You said.

"I need to talk to you on something. Anjo(sit)," Your father told you to sit down.

You obediently sat down across him with a nervous look.

"Tomorrow is your piano competition, am I right?" Your father folded his arms across.

"Ne," You said with a slight nod.

"I want you to win tomorrow no matter what," Your father demanded.

"...I...'ll try -," Before you could finish your sentence, your father cut you off,"I don't WANT YOU to just try! You have to win this! If you didn't do as I SAY, you know what the punishment will be," Your father said in an anger tone which made you faced the floor.

"Appa!" Your brother shouted at his father.

He ignored your brother and added in,"Better practice hard for this."

 

He was about to leave when your brother stopped him,"Appa! You can't threatened her for your own sake!"

"Nawa(let go)," He firmly said to your brother.

"Just because you have a bet with Mr Yan, doesn't mean you can make use of her," Your brother talked softly to father, defending you.

"You better stay out of this. If only YOU worked in MY company, this wouldn't have happened. Instead, you go and work at THAT COMPANY? What a betrayer...," Your father dissed him and roughly let go of his grip and walked out.

Min Ho stood there still upon hearing what father just said to him. You noticed his changed expression and walked towards him,"Oppa,gwenchana?"

He looked at you and gave a small smile, not to let you worry.

"Jieun ah, I.. need to head to bed. Sorry I can't do anything to defend you..," Min Ho apologised.

"Oppa, it's okay," You gave a reassuring smile.

After your brother walked out of your room, you walked towards your bed and lie on it, thinking of the competition. L.Joe who had been secretly climbed up onto your room a few minutes ago, slowly walking towards you and saw your worried look. 

"Something's bothering you?" L.Joe asked while sitting on your bed.

"The competition...," You sighed.

"Are you still worried?" He lied down beside you.

"It's a lie if I don't," You said.

"Don't worry. It'll be okay," L.Joe said reassuingly.

"Hope so," You sighed again and your body faced him.

L.Joe faced you and patted you to sleep,"Go and sleep. You need enough energy for tomorrow."

"Byunghyun ah, can you sing a lullaby for me?" You asked him a favour.

L.Joe started to sing softly and you closed your eyes. After a while, your eyes were getting heavier and you started to fall into deep sleep. L.Joe noticed you sleeping and watched you sleep soundly. Then, he kissed your temple before getting out of bed. He covered you with a blanket and said goodnight softly.

=======================

The following day, the D-DAY of the competition. You were sitting and waiting nervously for the start of your performance backstage. You looked at your watch. L.Joe had promised to see you before the competition but he was still not here yet. While waiting, Mai who was about to walk past you, stopped and stood in front of you and said haughtily,"Get ready to lose today."

She smirked and haughtily walked off. You were about to talk back to her when you L entering the backstage.

"Hey," L waved while smiling.

"Oh..hey," You gave a small smile.

"Are you expecting someone else?" L guessed.

"...Umm...no..," You lied.

"Jinja? But your face said otherwise," He pointed out.

You tried to smile brightly but there are still butterflies in your stomach.

"Here. I've brought you milk bubble tea and some snack before your competition. Have some," L handed them over to you.

"..Thanks..," You took them from him and took a sip from the drink.

A little while later, L.Joe came running in and your face suddenly lit up.

"..(Pant)..(Pant)...Sorry..I'm late...Stuck in traffic jam...," L.Joe panted and tried to catch his breath.

"Excuses...," L scoffed.

Upon hearing L' s voice, he stood up and folded his arms across,"What are you doing here?"

"Supporting her," L said casually.

"Do you know that - ," Before he could finish his sentence, you cut him off as you knew he was going to start a fight,"Byunghyun ah, stop it."

L.Joe looked at you and he gave up,"Fine...By the way, I've brought you a bottle of water."

"Thanks," You took it from him and drank it.

"Jieun ahii, 10 minutes till you're up on stage," The stage manager announced.

"Ne," You smiled and you closed your eyes to calm your nerves.

"Relax and everything will be fine," L put his hand on your shoulder.

"Do your best. Hwaiting~," L.Joe gave a fighting spirit.

You walked to the stage after the encouragement and saw your family sitting at the front seats. You sat on the chair and put your fingers on the key notes of the piano. The curtain pulled up and you were about to play when you felt headache. You tried to shook it off but the headache was getting worse. The audiences were waiting for you to play and you took a quick glance to the audiences but your eyes gave a blurry images. Couldn't control your headache, you fainted on the piano which made everyone gasped in shock especially your family members as well as L.Joe and L.