Celerity Demons

The Wonderful Encyclopedia of the Supernatural

The main claim to fame of the Celerity Demons is the specific way their super speed manifests. While all demons have the ability to move at speeds that make them appear as a blur to the mortal eye, most demons have no agility when using their speed at its fullest potential. They have the ability to cover large distances over a short time, but simple obstacles could cause them to trip or crash as they have no ability to make course corrections. Celerity demons, on the other hand, have no loss in agility even at speeds that can match the speed of light. They even have the ability to move specific portions of their bodies at hyper speed without it affecting any of their other processes. This means that speech patterns maintain a normal level, along with breathing, blinking, and other similar processes, while being able to move a different part of the body at abnormal speed, often the arms and hands.

Celerity demons are easily identified by near speed of light speed and a few more intermittent characteristics. Sometimes the advanced speed also manifests mentally or psychologically which can lead to heightened reaction time, increased problem soving skills, faster neuron firing rates, or attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. While these are less noticeable among the general public of Celerity demons, they have been known to manifest outside their normal parameters which has led professionals to the belief that the manifestation is purely caused by species.