Extra 1

The Wonderful Encyclopedia of the Supernatural

"Triiiiiiiistan!"

He sighed. "Can you at least try to use my real name?" 

"Uh uh. It's too hard to say, and it's too long. I could call you Kuro if you want."

He sighed again. "No."

"Why not?"

"Because it's a stupid nickname that my older brother used to call me," the bat demon said roughly. 

"Did you guys have a falling out?"

Tristan winced. "You could say that. I had a crush on one of our human slaves. I told my brother about it, and he had her killed in front of me."

Anna gave a shocked gasp. "I'm sorry," she mumbled quietly, the sorrow in her face masking the slight flicker of jealousy that flashed in her eyes. 

It was never easy to read Anna; her face told no tales. Kaleidoscopes were more straightforward. She could almost never show less than five emotions at any given time. For years, she had been a statue, like nothing could shake her. Circumstances had drained her of any vibrancy. Anna didn't start to return to normal until she was put into a group slave congregation. Being around people again forced the emotions back to the surface, but the problem was that they all surged forward at once. Now, the tsunami style emotions were a common thing for her. 

"Anna?"

She gave a start as the voice suddenly shook her out of her day dream involving her master and herself with bells in the distance. "Yes?"

"Did you want to ask me something?"

Anna blinked in confusion when she tried to recall the reason of her whereabouts. "I think... I- I... I don't remember." Her voice got quieter in her distress. 

Tristan hummed quietly. He was used to Anna's frequent bunny trails and day dreams that resulted in her complete and utter forgetfulness. She would be drastically upset if no one distracted her from her memory loss or led her back on track. 

"Do you remember why you came in here?" he asked carefully with a glimmer of a smile. 

The girl looked almost teary as she shook her head. 

Tristan smiled softly. "I asked Rosemary to bring you here, so I could tell you something."

Anna's lips twisted into a pout, eyes still shining wetly. "You were playing with me! You made me think I came in here by myself for something! That was mean." She tacked a hurt sniff at the end, crossing her arms and looking away. 

Tristan frowned immediately. "Anna?" She ignored him. "Anna, please?" Only another sniff met his plea. "Aaaannnnnnnnaaaa," he whined pitifully, which is hard to do when your voice pretty much booms regardless of volume. 

Anna debated about responding to the uncharacteristic behavior of her master. She already felt wishy-washy from the betrayal. Her eyes were flooded with unshed tears, and she knew that the moment she looked at Tristan, the dam would burst. She blinked several times in an attempt to dry her eyes inconspicuously before turning slightly toward her master. 

Tristan saw her watery eyes and immediately felt terribly guilty for teasing his favorite girl. His frown deepened when he opened his arms toward her and she didn't move. "Anna?" he tried. She turned fully toward him and took a few steps closer, just out of reach. "If it helps, I'm sorry I upset you. I didn't think that teasing would hurt you." 

He did know it would bother her, though. Normally, she would put up with it without much complaint, but she was already a bit miffed today. With a final dejected sigh, she closed the distance between them and allowed the familiar arms to pull her into a hug. She felt her legs get swept out from underneath her as he pulled her up into his lap where she curled up into a ball and buried her face in his shoulder. 

His eyes traveled across the room and settled on a clock in the corner that read three minutes past midnight. "Well, I suppose it's a little late now, but

Happy birthday."


A/N: I came up with this idea on my own birthday. Just a little bit of fluffy cuteness for you guys. There will be a lot of exclusive material over here, so you can give yourself a pat on the back my little subscribers. This is going to be the last thing I actually post in the mainstream story.

I say that to say this

The next extra I post, please go gush about it on the other one. Make those people jealous that they aren't subscribed over here ;)

HOPE YOU LIKE THIS!