Too Much Attention

Meeting the ARISTOCRATS

Suzy POV

            The sunlight woke me from my slumber. I unwillingly open my eyes but I really need to go to school.

Good morning to you, earth. It’s been 2 months since I transfer to Seoul University. Well, the treatment I get from the other student wasn’t that great but it’s bearable. It is bearable because of the thought of my secrets. I’m Bae Suzy; I came to Korea and transfer to Seoul University for a specific reason. I am originally born in the States but I’m pure Korean, so I was fluent in English and Korean. I took a bath, wore my enormous looking glasses and fix my hair, more like ruining it more. I disguise myself as a unattractive nerdy girl to keep my secrets.

            I like walking to school because it makes me feel like I’m myself. 15 minutes of walking to school ended so quickly and now the journey to humiliation is coming. Ah, I forgot I tell you I was the center of the school’s attention since I transferred here, more like the school’s clown. It is because of one person, and now I’m seeing her coming towards me, the school’s Queenka Lee Jieun. She’s the total opposite of me she’s really pretty but I’m not, I’m smart but she’s really dumb, she has many friends but I don’t have a single one but we both get a lot of attention, but she get it because she’s pretty unlike me I get it because I am ugly. As she approaches me she said:

Jieun: Look whose here, our little ugly duckling, what should play for today?

Suzy: I’m not in the mood today please spare me.

Jieun: Spare you, that doesn’t exist in my dictionary

Suzy: Please…

Jieun: Stop with the begging. Guys throw her the eggs!!!!

As they throw the eggs at me I closed my eyes but I felt the slimy liquid flowing at my body.

Myungsoo POV

            Yesterday, our English teacher told us that she will get married and she’s pregnant so she will have a maternity leave, so she will entrust to the English teacher at the business class teacher. She said that starting tomorrow we will share the same class as the business class our class will be separated according to our grades. At first I wasn’t glad because it would a burden for us to go to the building of Business administration building to have our English class but in the second thought Wonho and Jonghun hyung are it would fine besides Dongwoon is the same grade as me in English so we might have the same class together. And maybe the teacher there will be teach us easier lesson because for me and Dongwoon, English wasn’t really our thing.

            Dongwoon and I live in the same apartment along with Kai, Wonho, Jonghun hyung, L.joe hyung, Daehyun hyung, and Sunggyu hyung. We are all sons of the richest man in Korea but our parents decided to train us to be independent persons by letting us live in a simple apartment. For me, it I totally fine because I could spend more time with my friends and we could get closer, it would be good for our group cooperation. I could say that we have the same dream to be a idol one day. Our group name is Aristocrats, we chose it because we are all born as rich people, we couldn’t think of any other names so we just accepted what Jonghun hyung suggested. Our parent wasn’t against it but they have one condition if we can’t balance our dream with our studies, they will force us to give up our dreams, so we strive hard to get our diploma.

            We always walk to school and when we get there we usually separate our ways to get to our own classes but today we walk with Wonho and Jonghun hyung to their building because our first class is English. As we walk, we saw the president of our fan club bullying someone, I got angry but I had no intention of helping her but Dongwoon quickly went to her and help her. So we also went to her

Dongwoon: What the hell are you doing?

Jieun: Oppa, we’re just teaching this ugly duckling a lesson because she’s ugly.

Dongwoon: and who gave you the permission to bully her just because she’s ugly!!!

Jieun: but oppa, she irritates me…

Dongwoon: SHUT UP!

            Then Dongwoon went to the girl and her stand, she was dripping wet because of the egg that was thrown at her. Dongwoon bought her with us, she’s hiccupping but she’s not crying to my surprise. Maybe she was shock because of what happen. When I took a glance at her she looks nerdy but I think she’s not ugly. We sat at the bench in the garden, luckily we got early at school so we could spend more time with her. We just stared at her, at last, she got back to her senses, and she got up and:

Suzy: I’m sorry for bothering you, thank you for saving me but I have to go

She was about to run but Dongwoon hold her wrist.

Dongwoon: Wait, are you really ok? Don’t you have a class? Do have clothes to change?

She sat again and said.

Suzy: I bought extra clothes because I knew this would happen, I’m used to it. This always happen to me every morning. You don’t to worry or help they‘re just having fun but thank you.

We were all shock when she said she always experience it everyday

Jonghun: They always do this to you?

She nodded

Wonho: Then why don’t you report it to the office?

She looked down and said

Suzy: It’s just I don’t want to catch a lot of attention…

Dongwoon: WHAT? Are you planning to stay quiet?

She nodded. We were all frustrated because we don’t understand her

Myungsoo: We can’t let that happen maybe your just scared of them but don’t worry we will report. We will her you.

Suzy: PLEASE DON’T, I can handle this, it’s just… It’s just… It’s just…

Myungsoo: It’s just… What?

Suzy: I can’t tell you, I have to go…

She stood up and ran.

 We tried to chase her but she was too fast.

Myungsoo: I’m curious what is that she can’t tell us?

Dongwoon: I don’t know but I’d like to know more of her.

Wonho: Me too, she’s so… She’s so…

Jonghun: mysterious, Make me want to know more about her.

                Yeah, she’s really mysterious she’s not that pretty but she make me wanna me her more and so is the Dongwoon, Wonho, and Jonghun.

Dongwoon: Aish, I didn’t even her name but when I meet her next time. I would surely get it next time.

Wonho: Ah, we might be late for class.

Jonghun: Ah, you’re right. By the way Myungsoo, do you know what class are you in? Do you go with Wonho?

Myungsoo: No, we don’t, Ms. Kang told us yesterday that Dongwoon and I will take it with the accounting students. But we don’t know their classroom.

Jonghun: Don’t worry, we’ll accompany to your class.

Wonho: Let’s go, before we get in trouble.

Wonho and Jonghun showed us our room. We went inside.

Ms. Lee: Are you the ones Ms. Kang told me that was taking English class with me?

Myungsoo &Dongwoon: Yes

Ms. Lee: Then came here and introduce yourselves

Myungsoo: I’m Kim Myungsoo

Dongwoon: I’m Son Dongwoon

Myungsoo &Dongwoon: Please take care of us

Random girl 1: yes, I’ll take care of you

Random girl 2: sit beside me

Random girl 3: you’re so handsome

Random girl 4: you’re so cute

Ramdom girl 5: do you have a girl friend?

Ms. Lee: Shut up, you’re scaring them. Ah, ok you two it beside Suzy because I know that you two are not good at English, Suzy is the best in the class she will help you two. Suzy stand up

Suzy: Yes

            She’s the one we help earlier. She’s in our class plus we will sit beside her.

Ms. Lee: Suzy, teach them and if you have free time you also teach them on your free time

Suzy: Yes, Ms. Lee

            I heard the girls wined but the they were useless because the Ms. Lee’s decision is absolute.

Ms. Lee: Now, go to your sits and keep quiet.

We went to our sits and we found Suzy with her head down.

Dongwoon: We meet again. Hi, I’m Dongwoon

Suzy: I’m Suzy

Dongwoon: please take of us, we really at English

            I nodded.

Suzy: hmmm… Ok

Dongwoon: Do you have free time this lunch or would your friends mind if you eat with us?

Suzy: hmmm… I don’t have friends…

Dongwoon: ah, really then let’s be friends

 Suzy: Are you sure? Why would you want to be friends with me?

Dongwoon: why not?

Suzy: …Because I’m ugly

Dongwoon: no, you’re not ugly, right Myungsoo

            I nodded. I don’t know why but I always kept quiet around her.

Ms. Lee: Ok class, Let’ start

After an hour the bell rang

Ms. Lee: Class Dismissed

            It was tiring. It was harder compared to Ms. Kang lessons but thanks to Suzy she’s help us throughout the class. She speaks English fluently.

Lunch time

            We spotted Suzy sat on an empty table. Dongwoon dragged us to her.

Dongwoon:  Suzy, why didn’t you wait for us?

Suzy: hmmm… I thought you weren’t serious

Dongwoon: No, we’re serious

Jonghun: Ha, we meet again; by the way I’m Jonghun

Wonho: I’m Wonho

L.joe: I’m L.joe

Daehyun: I’m Daehyun

Kai: Kai...

            I look around someone’s missing

Myungsoo: where’s Sunggyu huyung?

Jonghun: ah, he said he will not eat with us because he will got his interview for his part-time job

Wonho: really, let’s go there later

Dongwoon: Suzy, do you want to come?

Suzy: sorry, I can’t I also have my part-time job later

Dongwoon: I see but next time come with us, okay?

Suzy: OK

Jieun: Oppa, Why are you sitting with her?

Dongwoon: Why, do you have a problem with that?

Jieun: but you never sit with me and you sit with this this ugly thing

Dongwoon: First Of all, why would I sit with you you’re not even my friend?  Second, she’s not ugly. Lastly, she’s my friend.

Jieun: she’s your what?... Oppa what are talking about? Since when did you made friends with her.

Dongwoon: just this morning when you bullied her and can you stop calling me oppa, it’s not like I’m older than you.

Jieun: Oppa..

Dongwoon: SHUT UP! I lost my appetite let’s go!

            Dongwoon pulled Suzy and we followed them. Suzy seemed shocked again, she just stared at the floor the whole time. Oh, I wish she would just stare at me instead. What am I thinking? It’s not like I like her, aish I don’t know!!

Suzy: why did you did that?

Dongwoon: I already told you, you’re our friend, we’ll defend you

            We nodded

Suzy: But…

Dongwoon: no buts, you’re our friend, ok?

            She nodded

Cringggggggggggggggggg

            At last, class dismissed we will go to Sunggyu hyung’s first job. We’re really curious about his job. We walked until we reached a bar named The Glitz