Bad, BAD News

Happily Ever After? Or Maybe Not...

Chae Yeon's POV

"Mi Rae! Jeong Min! Chae Yeon! We're leaving now!!!" umma and appa shouted from downstairs. Mi Rae unnie, Jeong Min oppa and I ran downstairs to see our parents leave on their date.

"Have a good time!" I yelled as they got in the car.

"You three, be good. I don't want to see a mess when we come back", appa said.

"Yes appa", we said in our innocent voices.

"I know I can trust you three", he said. We ran inside after we heard the car leave the driveway. We were going to decide on a movie, and it was chosen with ease. I was a classic and just had to be watched in situations like this, where nobody else is home to ruin the moments. Lion King. Yes, it was a childish movie, but it was just the one to watch. We could sniffle and cry all we wanted, and none of us would care because our parents weren't home to tease us about crying over a "baby movie".

Ring! Ring!

"Jeong Min oppa, go get the phone", I just managed to sniffle out.

Ring! Ring!

" JEONG MIN OPPA! GET IT!!!"

"Fine! Fine!" Jeong Min oppa went to go get the phone and Mi Rae and I could hear him screaming into the phone.

"What do you mean?!... No I think you got the wrong number... Yes this is the Lee house... NO!!! IT CAN'T BE!!! I WON'T BELIEVE IT!!!" I walked over to the phone and my angry brother, just as he hung up.

"What happened?" I asked him and he just fell limg onto his knees and started crying out really loud. I had never seen him cry like that before.

" Umma and appa died. UMMA AND APPA DIED!!!" I couldn't believe what I had just heard. All the commotion caused my sister to come over to us. She saw Jeong Min oppa crying on the floor and asked,

"What's wrong, oppa?"

"The h-hospital....j-just called and... s-said that....u-umma and a-appa.... d-died in a c-car a-accid-dent."

"WHAT?!" my sister screamed. We were all so devastated and we quickly drove to the hospital where umma and appa were. When we found their room, we stormed in. But all we saw were two lifeless bodies on two beds.

"Umma? Appa? Umma! Appa! Wake up! WAKE UP!!!" I cried while attempting to speak to them. But i was no use. They were gone. We were silent on the way back hom. No one said a word. Everyone was just so shocked by what had just happened. We weren't in the mood to eat or to go upstairs when we got home. We just all fell asleep in the lounge room, all of us hoping that this was all a dream...