Christmas Buddies

Dream Gay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two weeks before Christmas, the gang decided to have a meeting for their Christmas party proper. EXO-K went to Chanyeol and Kyungsoo’s room and of course, Mihyun and Chanri sneaked just to get in. Then since Joonmyeon was  the one who suggested the event, he also brought some plans with him that day.

“So, here’s what I have for our little party.” Joonmyeon started and pulled out a paper from his pocket. Chanyeol’s big eyes rounded even bigger when he saw that. “Hyung, you’re so prepared!”

Joonmyeon just smiled at him and cleared his throat, “I like having get togethers so I take efforts.”

“So what do we have there?” Baekhyun asked and sat beside Joonmyeon, trying to take a peek at the paper.

“Uhm, I’d like to have some committees for each task so that it would be divided fairly.” He read some of what was written in the paper and everyone nodded in agreement before he continued.

“We will have 4 groups, for the food, games, venue and decoration. Obviously each group will have 2 members.”

“I think groupings will be easier. We’re actually divided equally and we have obvious pairs as well.” Chanyeol proudly said then smiled at Chanri. The latter also smiled sweetly at him, absorbing the message that Chanyeol was trying to send her. Kyungsoo on the other hand, frowned at the scene.

“Uhm, so, how are we going to choose the task?” Jongin followed, he also got what Chanyeol meant and looked at Mihyun for consent.

Sehun and Baekhyun were also quick and understood what was happening so they started to panic. “Yah, that’s not fair! Joonmyeon hyung!” Sehun complained to Joonmyeon while Baekhyun nudged him with an elbow, both referring to the pairing.

Joonmyeon laughed and agreed with him, “I think Sehun’s right guys. It’s not fair for the other members, let’s spice things up a bit.”

Everyone stared at him as he pulled again some papers from his pocket, this time the papers were folded.

“What are those?” Mihyun asked.

“These Mihyunnie, are the tasks. It’ll determine who will pair up with who. Six papers, 3 tasks. I excluded the venue since it will be held in our room. Sorry Sehun-ah.” He explained and threw apologetic looks at the maknae.

“It’s ok hyung! I understand, we can be teammates,” he said then leaned closer to Joonmyeon to whisper something, “As long as Chanri noona, won't be with Chanyeol hyung!”

The eldest laughed at Sehun’s crankiness then showed the folded papers to everyone else. “Here you go people. Choose wisely.”

Everyone had no choice and just followed. Baekhyun picked out first, followed by Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Chanri, Mihyun then Jongin.

Both Joonmyeon and Sehun anticipated for some violent reactions as everyone nervously opened their papers. And just like what they had expected, someone yelled as soon as his paper opened.

“YAH!!! I CAN'T COOK!” Chanyeol yelled as he waved his paper in front of Joonmyeon.

“Neither can I.” Jongin whispered to Mihyun and the girlfriend looked at his paper. “That was unlucky of you.” She just said and rubbed his arm in comfort.

“No cancellation of tasks! You chose those papers guys! That’s the challenge of it!” Sehun gladly said.

“Yeah, no cancellation! Guess I was being lucky these past few days!” Chanri exclaimed.

“What did you pick?” Kyungsoo asked with his innocent eyes, hoping to that Chanri got what he had in his hands too.

“This, my dear Kyungie, is my forte!” she answered and showed him the word in the paper. He read it quietly but his heart thumped so loud when he finished reading it.

“Guess I’m lucky as well…” he whispered to himself.

“What?” Chanri didn’t seem to hear what Kyungsoo said.

“I mean, I guess we’re on the same team.” He said with butterflies lurking in his stomach. Kyungsoo sure is anticipating another quality time with his bestfriend.

“Great, just great Kyungie!” Chanri galloped and clung into kyungsoo’s arm in excitement, making the latter blush a little too.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter