I love you... not?

Dream Gay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin’s face distorted into an unexplainable expression when Mihyun giddily handed him one of the mics. Darn, he had no choice now. The crazy things he would do for Mihyun.

“C’mon my dear boyfriend, let me hear your beautiful voice.” Mihyun cheered and clapped.

“What am I going to sing?” Jongin just scratched his head.

“Wait, let’s see.” Mihyun reached for the song book and looked for that perfect song for Jongin. She carefully scanned the book and stopped for a minute.

“Why did you stop?” Jongin waved the mic in front of Mihyun who just kept staring at the book.

“I’m thinking.” She answered without looking at him.

“Thinking about what?” Jongin asked again.

“A song of course. Ah!” Mihyun suddenly exclaimed and Jongin could only sigh.

“This! Sing this for me please!” Mihyun stood up and pushed some buttons on the karaoke machine. Jongin just stared at her do it all herself and listened to the music. A few second after the music started, Jongin eyed Mihyun, “It’s English!”

Mihyun nodded and smiled, “I guess you know the song, it’s all good then!”

“I’m not dumb enough not to know this song princess.” Jongin answered but he was cut off when Mihyun held his hand and put the mic in front of his lips. The song has started already and Mihyun was anticipating for him to sing. Again, she left him no choice, and he just sang stoically and without feelings.

 

The loneliness of nights alone
the search for strength to carry on
my every hope has seemed to die
my eyes had no more tears to cry
then like the sun shining up above
you surrounded me with your endless love
Coz all the things I couldn't see are now so clear to me

 

Then before Jongin could sing the chorus, he held Mihyun’s hand and fixed his eyes on her, like he was really dedicating the song to the very girl in front of him. He finally felt the song and continued on with his deep, alluring voice.

 

You are my everything
Nothing your love won't bring
My life is yours alone
The only love I've ever known
Your spirit pulls me through
When nothing else will do
Every night I pray
On bended knee
That you will always be
My everything.

 

Blushing from the huge effort from her boyfriend, Mihyun gawked in amusement and clapped prettily in return. Jongin on the other hand just bit his lip and cleared his throat as he put down the mic. He too was shocked with what he just did.

“So, how was it?” Jongin asked.

“Your English was superb!” Mihyun gave him two thumbs up.

“Just my English?” Jongin was obviously waiting for another compliment.

“You sound very good too. I should let Joonmyeon oppa know that you can have singing parts in the group too!” Mihyun added.

“And?” Jongin’s still not satisfied.

“And what?” Mihyun innocently asked back.

Jongin sighed first before answering, “Didn’t you feel anything?”

“Oh…” Mihyun was taken aback. She was a bit guilty that she didn’t notice Jongin’s feelings in singing the song for her. Mean, but she also doesn’t know why she didn’t feel the song that much. But she doesn’t want Jongin to get hurt so she tried her best not to show it.

“Of course, I was just fooling around. Thank you Jongin-ah” she said and gave him a hug in the arm.

“I thought you didn’t feel my sincerity.” Jongin worried. Mihyun just smiled at him. “Why did you ask me to sing that song anyway?” he can’t help but ask as they both sat down.

“Uhm, Donghae oppa once sang that song in their concert.” Mihyun answered.

“Just because of Donghae?!” Jongin got furious.

“Of course not! Even you knew the song, it means that the song is really good too, don’t you think?” Mihyun added.

“Sure it is but…” Jongin said but Mihyun reached for the song book again and didn’t answer him anymore.

“Do you like Donghae that much?” curious Jongin couldn’t keep his big mouth shut. Mihyun looked at her in wide eyes, “Like is an understatement Jongin-ah. I love the guy!” she answered.

“Even more than me?!” Jongin’s competitiveness reigned again but Mihyun just laughed at him.

“Oh goodness dear…it’s funny you didn’t know that you’re girlfriend is a fangirl. Of course my feelings for him and you are different! You yourself should know how we fangirls go crazy over our biases!” Mihyun answered indirectly and pricked Jongin’s forehead.

“Tell me you love me more than Donghae.” Jongin ordered.

“Jongin-ah, you don’t even have to ask that. Who’s my boyfriend now?” she answered indirectly again.

“Are you sure?” Jongin wants to assure his position. He just can’t digest hearing Mihyun say that she loves another guy. Mihyun looked at him in the eyes and nodded her dear head in confirmation. Jongin finally smiled, he decided to shake off all his unworthy worries. He didn’t ask anymore and they continue

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter