Rest Of The Story

Shoot Me

 

Jessica woke up late. She ate breakfast, showered and changed her clothes in a rush.
 
"Argh, morning issues" she grunted while getting ready to get out of her house.
 
 
 
 
"Taeyeon, give me some water" Jung ordered after she stepped inside the bar.
 
"Gooood morninnng to yooou tooo!" the blonde answered ironically.
 
"Ugh, just do it" Jessica was slightly irritated because of her headache.
 
"Owkay, Jeshicat, sit and wait there while I prepare a bowl full of water for my second favorite kitten." the girl grabbed a cup, filled it with the requested liquid and passed it to her friend.
 
"Second? What do you mean 'your second favorite'?" Jessica wondered frowning.
 
"Keyword: Juliet!" Taeyeon answered with an obvious tone.
 
"Who's Juliet?" Jessica asked, confused.
 
Taeyeon facepalmed herself.
 
 
 
 
That morning, Officer Choi was responsible for supervising the prison cells, especially after arresting one of the most wanted bandits around. Sooyoung headed to the police station after removing some papers in the street posts that contained a picture of Yoona, along with the word "WANTED" above it.
 
"Hey." The skinny policewoman walked in front of the bars to the cell of the recently-arrested female prisoner. "How are you in this lovely morning?"
 
Yoona was sitting on the ground at the back of the small cell, leaning her back against the wall, playing with strands of her now messy hair. She had no emotions on her face. Lifting up her eyes, she saw the officer standing there, but she didn't make an effort to answer back the question, which she assumed could be rethorical or just to annoy her.
 
"I'm good too, thanks for asking." Sooyoung said, looking down to write notes on a file she had in hands. "Well," she observed the lonely prisoner for a second. "I am gonna come back later. See ya." And with that, she left to continue her paperwork.
 
Yoona smiled bitterly. 'I am gonna come back later'. Funny sentence. That was one of the last things she heard from her parents back when she was a little kid. "Of course you are" She said to no one while getting up to lay on the bed next to her.
 
 
 
 
Krystal was outside a building, waiting impatiently. She knocked on the locked door but no one would answer. Normally, Yuri would open it in a second because she doesn't like to miss costumers or waste Krystal's time when it comes to her work.
 
But no one answered the door. Krystal sighed and took out a copy of the key that opens the storage. Yuri gave it to her for cases like this. 
 
Krystal stepped inside and a light. 
 
"Yuri? Where are you? Are you working secretly on something I cannot know about?"
 
Still no one in sight. Weird...
 
'Yuri can't be home. It's late for that and she never misses a day of work. Besides, I walked past her house on the way here and it seemed untouched. Normally, she would leave a door or a window opened just because she forgets them like that, but not this time' the girl thought.
 
The youngest Jung searched the whole floor and found nothing, until she remembered the basement. 'Unlikely, but I can take a look' she decided.
 
"Yuri! Are you in here?" the girl asked, going down the stairs. She noticed the room wasn't completely dark and there was a lightbulb on, despite the thin rays of sunlight coming from a tiny window in a high spot on a wall. She saw a lot of boxes, old stuff, balls, toys, clothes, boots, all for trading. Her eyes wandered around a little more and spotted a shelf full of books and at the end of it, near the ground, she saw... feet? 
 
Oh, so Yuri IS here. Krystal walked closer to the sight she saw behind the bookcase. 
 
"Yuri, how many times do I have to--" Krystal stopped in the middle of her speech when she spotted... her boss, sleeping above an unknown blonde girl, about the same age as Yuri. As if that wasn't awkward enough, she noticed Yuri's hand on top of the blonde's... chest.
 
*coughing discreetly*
 
Yuri groaned and tried opening her eyes. She took a few seconds to adjust to the brightness of the day. She lifted her upper body from the mattress she was upon, but not taking her hand off where it strategically was. Then, she saw Krystal standing three meters from her with her hands on her hips.
 
"Oh, hey, Krystal. Morning" Yuri greeted. The blonde underneath her woke up slowly.
 
Krystal gave her a cold glare. "What?" Yuri frowned, confused.
 
"Care to explain this situation??" The girl gestured with her hand in circles, in the direction of her boss' mattress on the ground.
 
"What's going on?" asked Hyoyeon in a husky voice, still not fully awake.
 
"Ah, right! Krystal, this is my new girl friend, Hyoyeon. Hyoyeonnie, this is Krystal, she works for me." Yuri casually explained.
 
That made Hyoyeon open her eyes to their limit.
 
"GIRLFRIEND?!?" both Krystal and Hyoyeon exclaimed.
 
"Why are you screaming, it's too early for that! Ugh, yeah, girl friend as in a girl who is my friend. Do I have to draw it for you?" Yuri sounded a little irritated.
 
Krystal ignored her explanation. "So that's why your hand's on her chest? I'm sorry I saw that, by the way." She looked away from the "supposed couple".
 
Both Yuri and Hyoyeon blushed hard. "No, but that would be a good explanation" Yuri said, shyly.
 
"Ok, I don't need details, but hurry up and get ready for work, Yuri, it's not usual for us not to open the store in the morning. I'll wait for you upstairs." Krystal announced and left the two.
 
"Another day of work." Yuri sighed.
 
Hyoyeon smiled looking at her. "At least you don't have to rob a bank." They both giggled. "Anyway, mind to tell me why your hand was where it was two minutes ago?" the blonde arched her eyebrow.
 
"I... I'm- I'M COMING, KRYSTAL, YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE SO IMPATIENT!" Yuri stuttered and pretended she heard her worker calling her. She took the opportunity to get up and, stumbling, she ran to the stairs. "Make yourself at home!" she yelled to her newest friend before getting out of the basement.
 
 
 
 
 
"I just don't get why you chose such a hard name for a cat!" Jessica exclaimed.
 
"It's. NOT. a. hard. name. Jeshicaaaa!!!" Taeyeon ran her hand through her hair, impatiently explaining the reasons for her cat's name.
 
"Why didn't you pick something simple and elegant like 'Prince', my horse's name?" Jung insisted.
 
"First: that's a masculine name. My cat is a she!!! Second: 'Juliet' IS simple AND ELEGANT TT_TT" Taeyeon pretended she was going to cry, because she was tired of discussing the topic.
 
"Aish, okay, there there, Tae, you don't need to cry." Jung felt a little guilty so she pulled Taeyeon closer and hugged her. Taeyeon stopped acting but still returned the hug.
 
"Sica, you are so warm."
 
"Ironic much?"
 
"I mean it." They both smiled.
 
When they parted, Jessica initiated another topic.
 
"Anyway, Tae, I didn't come here to talk about nothing."
 
"Why, then?"
 
"It's important." Jessica had a serious look on her face. Taeyeon silently nodded for her to continue. 
 
"Remember when I told you about Stephanie?" Taeyeon stopped to think about it, making an effort to remember. 'The girl Jessica fell in love with.' she thought. Jessica never said that with those words, but Taeyeon could tell by the way Jessica told her the tragic story. 
 
"Yes, what about her?" She recalled the story her friend told her.
 
"She's back." Jessica uttered, taking the final sip on her cup of water. Taeyeon gasped.
 
 
 
 
 
The night before, the redheaded girl rode her horse in a rush back to the hideout. She wasn't satisfied at all. Hyoyeon was missing. Yoona got arrested. Her wounded shoulder was now hurting again because of the effort she had to make when she ran away from the cops. Furthermore, she got a few scratches the moment she dodged the explosives thrown in the air. "." She cursed. After changing and putting new bandages on her body, she rested due to exhaustion. "Maybe I really am responsible for pushing away the closest people in my life." She closed her eyes and remembered the place she was in. That abandoned place. The location where, someday, at a young age, she ran away from, leaving behind the shelter and warmness of a family who accepted her, in the middle of the night.
 
 
 
 
 
"There's more to that story, that I haven't told you." Jessica looked into her friend's eyes. "I got Stephanie to come with my family and me after saving her. We traveled a lot, but it was getting late and we needed to stop somewhere to rest. We looked around the road, there was no sign of a near hotel or anything." She made a pause to remember possible details. "Then, one of us spotted what seemed to be a house, near a mountain and strategically located. We decided to go there because it wasn't safe to sleep on the road, especially after that day's episode. So, when we got to the house, it looked abandoned. We tried knocking on the door but no one would answer. My dad decided it was empty and it wouldn't be a crime to 'enter without permission just for the night'. So, that's what we did.."
 
Taeyeon raised her hand before Jessica proceed, wanting to ask something. Jessica kept silent and gestured her to go on. "Do you know, or remember, where this abandoned house was located?" Taeyeon asked.
 
"Hm." The sheriff thought about it for a second. "If I'm not mistaken, it was not far from this town, just a few miles. But in that time we didn't know the distance from there to here, so we simply stayed there." she said. "Krystal, my parents and my uncle, the driver, found a room big enough for them and they settled themselves there, while me and Stephanie shared another, smaller. I insisted on sleeping in the same room as her, in case she didn't feel safe or had nightmares." Jung continued.
 
"How old were you two?" Taeyeon asked another question.
 
"I was fourteen. Stephanie was probably a year or two younger than me, I don't remember exactly."
 
"You both were so young..."
 
"Yes..." The sheriff let out a long sigh as the memories flooded her mind. "The next day." She continued. "The next day, she wasn't there by my side anymore."
 
"What? What happened?"
 
"I woke up and didn't see her in the room. I started thinking of the worst, damn my mind. I stormed out of the room and started looking around the whole house. She wasn't anywhere to be found."
 
"Wow... that part you surely haven't told me." Taeyeon stated.
 
"Because it's the sad part of the story. I only told you the part where I saved her. Not that I knew what happened to her after it all..." Jessica sadly said.
 
"There wasn't even a note? A message, a goodbye letter or anything?"
 
"No. Unfortunately." Another sigh. "From that day on, I promised I would find her, because I told her I would take care of her.."
 
"But, you said she is back, right? So, what's stopping you now?" the bartender wondered.
 
"Tae... Stephanie is the person who aimed a gun to your head that day when the bandits invaded here."
 
Taeyeon blinked several times and tried to say something but was left opened without making any sound.
 
 
 
-----------------------------------
 
(I apologize for any grammar mistakes :|)
 
There was some Taengsic interactions for who wanted them ^^ (and because Taeyeon was almost becoming the "WANTED" person here lol)
Also, what happened to Jeti that night.
 
Readers, how is my writing? Is the "comedy" I try to insert here funny, even just a bit? Do you want me to stop writing like that?
Your opinions are always welcome :)
 
Thanks once again to whoever is reading this story, even the silent readers ^^