Level 2: The Tease

The Crucial Game of the Heart


The Crucial Game of the Heart

 

[LEVEL 2: THE TEASE]

 

 

 

"Yah! Lee Taemin, stop screaming! I'm on the phone right now!" Key covered the bottom part of his phone to muffle his nagging. He was talking to a classmate for their upcoming project and it was probably the fifth time he had told Taemin off. Taemin and Minho were playing a game in the living room and apparently, Taemin had already lost several times, hearing those cries of complaints over and over again. It was resonating loudly all over the house, especially in the kitchen where Key was in.

 

He really has a big mouth for such a petite body, that little kid. I don't even know how I got through high school with him near me. Key thought in annoyance, before going back to his phone call.

 

"Oh. Sorry to keep you waiting. My dorm-mate was getting in my nerves... Huh? No! It's really fine! I'm not busy right now and besides, I might not have time later--"

 

"Yah. Yeobo, when's dinner coming? It's already half an hour late!" Jonghyun cut Key as he wrapped his arms around the other's slim waist. Key glanced sideways, leaving only inches of distance between their faces. He gave Jonghyun a very much irritated expression and once again covered the phone's bottom.

 

"Don't you 'yeobo' me, idiot! Can't you see? Are you blind? And are you deaf, too? Didn't you hear me nagging at Taemin for disturbing my phone call? I'm on the phone, for Christ's sake, leave me alone! Go to Onew for dinner if you're so impatient, then!" Key exasperatedly told him, not minding the small distance between their faces. He was already used to the skinship. It's been months since they moved in. Time had passed by so fast and they were clearly still playing the game. So far, so good. Well, that's how they like to think about it. 

 

"But, yeobo... I want your cooking for dinner. Onew's food might be world-class, but I still prefer yours. Besides that, Onew's busy doing something in his room. You know I can't disturb the elderly." Jonghyun smiled while he ran his fingers along Kibum's jawline.

 

"Yah! Keep your greasy skinship in the bedrooms, will you? Stop doing it in public!" Minho entered the kitchen, opening the fridge to get some water.

 

"We know there's something going in between the two of you, but please, just limit the greasiness! I'm not an idiot to not know what you guys may be doing  at night!" Well, how ironic. The idiot said he wasn't an idiot. Minho continued as he walked back to the living room. The others, of course, weren't aware of the game the two were playing. It was all just a game. A silly love game.

 

"Minho! Is that how you talk to your hyung? Is that it, huh? And just to inform you, there's nothing going on between Kibum and me! Furthermore, we don't do anything at night but sleep in our own rooms!" Jonghyun screamed back to Minho which earned him a smack on his nape, given by Kibum. Minho, on the other hand was snorting in disbelief as he made his way to the living room.

 

"What are you doing so close to me, then? Go away, will you? And get your filthy hands away from my precious body!" Key smacked Jonghyun's arms and tried to shrug Jonghyun's grip off.

 

"Hey, baby. Cool down. I'm just asking for dinner." Jonghyun whispered onto Key's ears, making sure that his breath slightly teased the boy. Key wasn't affected though. He was going to be tough until the end of the game. He wasn't going to give into the flirty dog.

 

"Seriously, Jonghyun! Go away! I'm talking to a guy friend of mine and it's really rude to have kept him waiting for so long!" Key's grip on his phone tightened. Jonghyun wasn't affecting Kibum's heart, but instead, he was affecting his  temperament. Key was highly annoyed at the moment and Jonghyun was only adding fuel to his fire.

 

Key went back to the phone call and ignored Jonghyun who was still hugging him from his back.

 

"Yeah. Sorry. My dorm-mates are terribly annoying right now and one's acting like a kid asking for dinner... Oh, really? Sure! I'd love to meet up instead! Yeah, when? Of course, I'm free! I'd rather spend a day doing schoolwork with you than spend it with an annoying idiot!" Key made sure he emphasized the latter part of their conversation while eyeing Jonghyun. Jonghyun wasn't reacting. He just removed his arms from Key's waist, got water from the refrigerator and sat down on one of the kitchen stools while placing his glass of water on the table.

 

What? He'd thought I'd be affected by that? Seriously. Can this fox get anymore dumber? Jonghyun thought from his seat, maintaining the emotionless face on him.

 

"Yeah. Thanks a lot! You're the best! See you!" Key finally put his phone down and faced Jonghyun.

 

"Finally. That's over. Now, dinner?" He walked over to Jonghyun's side and placed his hand beneath Jonghyun's chin. Just like how owners scratched their puppies, Key ran his  middle and index finger back and forth Jonghyun's chin.

 

Jonghyun tried to hide his shivers from the other, knowing that it'll show a part of his weakness.


This is a game. I can't lose. Jonghyun clenched his fist while thinking. He suddenly grabbed the arm scratching his chin and forced it down onto the table.

 

Key flinched; partly because of the slight pain, but mostly because if the surprise. 

 

What is he doing? He never really gets violent when I ... Key thought, fear starting to enter his system.

 

"Don't ever do that again, Kibum," Jonghyun said in a firm and assertive tone.

 

"I swear, if you ever do that again, I won't be dealing with the matters lightly." He continued with the fire in his eyes and the dark smile spreading across his face. Key's face meanwhile was starting to show signs of fear, especially in his eyes.

 

God. Those eyes. Those orbs that show his true emotion. It's a pity though that we're only playing a game. It would have been nice if those eyes were entitled to me; if Kibum belonged to me. Jonghyun's thoughts raced as he looked into Key's eyes.

 

Wait. What are you thinking, Kim Jonghyun? You're playing a game! Focus! He smiled even wider and chuckled darkly. Oh yes. Sweet revenge. He was so getting it this time.

 

What is he up to? Is he going to do something to me? Is he going to kiss me? Is he going to try to get me to bed as a punishment? No! I'm not ready for anything like that yet! Key's mind was filled with questions and fear. His hands and knees were staring to shake. He closed his eyes, fearing what could possible happen next. Jonghyun pushed his face closer and their faces were only a few centimeters apart. Key could feel Jonghyun's breath on his cheek.

 

This is just a game. And I'm going to win. Key was trying to motivate himself, but fear was overpowering his mind.

 

Jonghyun chuckled a bit more as he saw the undeniable fright in Kibum's face, before saying, "If you ever starve me again, I'll kill you!" He laughed and fell on the floor. He was literally rolling on the floor and was dying out of hysterical laughter. He really got Key this time.

 

"Yah! Kim Jonghyun! That wasn't funny at all! You're really annoying, you know?" Key stomped his right leg and bent over Jonghyun to smack his head.

 

"I'm not cooking you good food for dinner! I'll only cook for the other guys, so buy some instant ramen somewhere!" Key went to the refrigerator and got some ingredients out while Jonghyun was trying to stop his laugh. After a few minutes of unstoppable laughter, Jonghyun finally got a hold of himself.

 

"Seriously though, Key. You should have seen your face! It was like I was going to you or something!" Jonghyun burst into laughter once again. Key just kept on chopping the vegetables, getting harsher and louder with every laugh Jonghyun makes.

 

I'm gonna get back twice as much, Kim Jonghyun. Just wait and see. You've totally underestimated the Kim Kibum. Key thought as Jonghyun's laugh continued to fill the room.

 

"Hey. Are you mad?" Jonghyun finally stopped laughing and went closer to Kibum. Key's face was stoic and unchanging. Jonghyun tucked in a hair that was loosely falling in front of Key's face behind his ear. Skinship once again. It was all for the game after all, right?

 

"Hey. Kibum. You aren't serious about the instant ramen thing though, right?" Jonghyun asked.

 

"I'm serious about it." Key said bluntly.

 

"Come on, yeobo! You know I'd die if I don't get to eat good dinner!" Jonghyun whined and placed his arms around Kibum's waist once again, but Key just ignored him. It was all part of the revenge he just formulated in his sly and fox-like brain. It was all for the game.

 

Jonghyun just watched as Key cooked dinner and Key didn't really mind him. After almost an hour of cooking, Key finally called out, "Guys, dinner time!"

 

Of course, Minho and Taemin came running in, but Minho pulled out a chair for Taemin first before settling on his own seat beside the younger. There was something odd going on between the two, but there wasn't much proof to prove that.

 

"Where's Onew?" Key asked.

 

"He's probably still in his room. I'll call him." Jonghyun said listlessly as Key continued to ignore him.

 

"Hyung. Are you guys fighting?" Taemin asked as soon as Jonghyun left the kitchen.

 

"No. I just said I won't cook for him." Key answered in a bland tone.

 

"Oh. But we're so used to you guys being so greasy!" Taemin exclaimed.

 

He just never stops talking, does he? Key mentally groaned.

 

"You talk too much. Just eat, okay?" Key handed Taemin his serving of dinner.

 

 

"But at least their greasiness is lessened. Isn't that a good thing?" Minho looked up from his food and smiled goofily at Taemin. He really was an idiot.

 

"I guess so. Oh. Hyung. You have rice on your face." Taemin flicked the rice off of Minho's face. Both of them lightly blushed, but it was noticable enough for Kibum.

 

Well. At least something's going on between these two. Key thought. He was honestly going to root for Minho and Taemin, if they really were going to be official.

 

"Is it chicken?" Onew's voice broke Key's glass of fluffy thoughts.

 

"Yeah. There's some." He looked at the elder. He seemed groggy. He must have slept while doing his schoolwork again.

 

Jonghyun entered the kitchen and saw that Key was already eating and there really wasn't a plate for him.

 

He really was serious. Jonghyun felt a bit hurt. But no. This was all a game. He can't get hurt.

 

He sat on the stool beside Key and said, "Kibummie, I'm really sorry. You know I love your food and I can't miss out on it," He said as he held Key's hand, rubbing his thumb on the back of the other's palm.

 

"What do I have to do for you to accept my apology and let me eat your delicious food?" Jonghyun heard his stomach growl. He can't not eat tonight. He only ate a little of his lunch earlier and going to sleep with an empty stomach never worked out for him.

 

"I'll let you eat under one condition." Key muttered.

 

"What is it?"

 

"Take me out to dinner next time." Key shoved the food into his mouth.

 

"Deal." Jonghyun firmly answered. He was starving, so he couldn't say no.

 

It was that quick. Key smiled to himself. He was going to have his revenge. He was going to win this game. He felt it; he knew it. It was that easy.
 

I'll prove myself to you. I'm not easy, Jonghyun. I'm not going to lose. Key thought as he got the serving of food for Jonghyun.

 

Will all these teasing lead to somewhere? Or will the game end up being void? Is it too late to back out from this dangerous game? Until the next level...

 

 

Level 2: The Tease, cleared.

 

 

 


Wah~ Jongkey and 2min feels, I cannot// I just love them so much ><

I felt like updating after watching Itazura na Kiss: Love in Tokyo~ (You guys should check it out; it's cute) Comments are greatly appreciated (especially constructive criticism) ^^ To those who subscribed, seriously guys, I couldn't thank you all enough ;u; Please bear with my idiocy and my stupid ideas (I'm just like Minho here ><) I'll edit the two chapters later OTL And are my updates too short? Do I need to make them longer??? TALK TO ME. I BEG OF YOU. (Am I good at being desperate? loljk, but seriously plese comment~) :) I have Tubmlr guys, so you could follow me there to since I post other SHINee stuff there hehe here: minhoink.tumblr.com